It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look!Fishes!Bird!Kinda...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Anyone seen any of these weird creatures or pictures before?

The "Cenderawasih Bird" as they are called by Malaysians, is a mythical bird that is thought to have live only in fables. However, according to the story that goes along with this picture, a man was praying outside a compound of a mosque when suddenly this strange bird fell onto his lap.
Look at its long feather. Never seen those before.

Another creepy looking fish. Looks more like a cross breed between a squid and a fish right?

1 head and 2 bodied-fish? Could it be an abnormal fish?

Hope some of the bright minds here can shed some light into this creatures.

xu

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
the second one is named as "chimera", it is new. it was discovered in an deep water dive with lots of other interesting deep sea fish.

it first got my attention, from a page which claimed that this and other strange fish were drifted to the beaches after the Tsunami, which was infact wrong, it was discovered before the Tsunami.

OK I found the links for the second picture, it is called Long-nosed Chimaera or Cyrano Chimaera

Snopes

oceans.gov

[edit on 1-11-2005 by xu]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
"picture 3" the one with 2 bodies - IMHO is or was a northern pike [ Essox Lucius ]

PICTURE

and i think it is a bad fake - of 2 fish sewn togetther , why would the fish have such dirrent colouration and markings ?

genuine siamese creatures i have seen have uniform markings

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well for the first picture then... The Cenderawasih (Bird of Paradise) is very much a real bird. It is better known as Burung Cenderawasih in those parts where they are still spotted. Chinese people also refer to it as the Phoenix Bird. But they extremely rare and very little is known about them. Thus there are stories like "it's not born on this planet" and "its body is not degradable", etc. They are also said to be the most beautiful birds on the planet and are exclusive to Papua.

If you have MYR 250,000.00 (Malaysian) you can buy one of these (very dead) birds on E-Bay right now... (Bid here ... LoL!!)

Some more links...

Field survey confirmed the "reality" of the bird

Drawing of Bird by an Artist

The Real Thing

The fact that the bird dropped down in his lap whilst praying. Pure coincidence? Divine intervention? Who knows?

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Nice pictures. The last one is probably fake, two fish with this kind of birthdefect is not gonna survive to that size.

Awesome deep sea fish too!

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.geocities.com...

www.geocities.com...

They say this bird from heaven,who got any of them have extremely good luck even 1 pics of thier hair.
They say this bird from IRIAN JAYA, Indonesia .They only come once in 7 year,the bird come down to earth to sacrifice.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 5-11-2005 by ethanlow]

Wig

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The bird will definately be extinct soon if people continue to kill them and sell them. A BBC David Attenborough wildlife show was done on them on location in Papua.

The Pike fish looks real to me, no reason for the faker to fake it IMHO. It's amazing that it survived to that age. But humans survive too along with other animals born like this, so why not.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
and i think it is a bad fake - of 2 fish sewn togetther , why would the fish have such dirrent colouration and markings ?

It is because the fish on the left is actually upside down. They are different colored on the bottom so to speak.

One fish always was looking up while the other had to look down.

Guess it just depends on which fish was the dominant swimmer.

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That bird is cool. Looks very delicate with those fine back tail feathers.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

It is because the fish on the left is actually upside down. They are different colored on the bottom so to speak.

One fish always was looking up while the other had to look down.

Guess it just depends on which fish was the dominant swimmer.

- One Man Short

look at the fins - different colour = different fish

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The last thing looks like it's probably a fake to me, although I guess it's possible it could be some kind of siamese twin.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
They could be conjoined fraternal twins of somesort. *shrugs*

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If you look closely at the last picture, it looks like two fish, possibly pike, lying side by side. It looks as if the smaller of the two has its head tucked under the largers gill plate making it appear as if the two are one deformed fish.

Wig

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
If you look closely at the last picture, it looks like two fish, possibly pike, lying side by side. It looks as if the smaller of the two has its head tucked under the largers gill plate making it appear as if the two are one deformed fish.

Now this, I can go along with. Good suggestion.

home.cc.umanitoba.ca...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The 2 Fish are Northern Pike i know for sure and the other fish is some sort of deepsea fish, althogh that has already been said i'll probably just add my 2 cents anyway Actually now that i think of it i have seen pictures of a bearded dragon with 1 head and two bodies, it didnt live very long consequensly (sp?)

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Senor_Vicente]

new topics

top topics

join