It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have an opinion on everything, but you know what they say about opinions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
simply put. Ran a New age Bookstore for many years. Read alot in the many slow hours...Opened my mind to things that would blow most peoples brain out of there head. Started as a babtist and ended a buddist. I have found a place to exchange ideas without endangering fragile minds. Cool. Have many experiences to share and much research to relate. and i just love the way people on this site get along with the common goal of deny ignorance. Ignorance may be bliss, but the mentally disabled kid up the street seems pretty happy too. I would rather be enlightened and stressed than blind and happy. I plan on spending many hours sharing my experiences with the many seekers on this sight. Blessed be to all who seek.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Welcome aboard etc.

Why do they call you The Long, Lazarus?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Welcome and greetings LazarusTheLongShanks...I mean LazarusTheLong.

Peace.
I hope you find this place enjoyable and well worth adding your comments to.
Great folks and an even greater place.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thank you for the Welcome from 2 esteemed members of the ATS board. I am Lazarus The Long, not for the reasons I wish, but for the namesake. He is a Heinlein Hero who lives forever...a personal goal. Then again...you know what they say about a guy with big feet. I appreciate the assumption though. See you all in the forums... Also if you haven't read any Books by Heinlein, then i suggest Stranger in a strange land... It blew peoples mind before i was born and seems to be timeless in its effect.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Welcome Laz,
I'm interested to hear about your awakenings during your quest to find your true self. What were some of the best books you attribute in helping you find the way?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome Laz,
I'm interested to hear about your awakenings during your quest to find your true self. What were some of the best books you attribute in helping you find the way?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Big Question...i will try to give a little answer. Jung, Chopra, Blavsky (spelling?), Kabbalistic texts, Most religions, Sci Fi writers Heinlien, R.A.Wilson. Crowley, Gnostic Gospels, Enochian Writings. Some were for positive ideas, some were for negative ideas to be wary of.
So may others... I absorbed about a book or magazine per night... Probably forgot more than most "sheeple" ever know... That is why i am so glad to have found people like you that can ask enlightened questions for discussion. Oh, and don't think i have found Nirvana, or all the asnwers to life...I haven't, But i have a peace of mind and comfort of knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join