It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the US Complain about Chinese Military Bulidup?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

"The bomb bay was fitted for 80 GPS-guided bombs, at 500 pounds each, that could be delivered to any target in Asia within a few hours."

And US are complaining of chinese military aggressiveness.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by k4rupt]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

And US are complaining of chinese military aggressiveness.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by k4rupt]

another case of someone not reading their own sources.

from your source:

However, the planners also said the United States was seeking to build a network of contacts with the Chinese government and military through which the power overlap could be managed rather than fought over.

"Do we have to have conflict because of the rise of China? I don't believe so," said Adm. William J. Fallon, who heads the Hawaii-based Pacific Command from an office with a sweeping view of Pearl Harbor and the vast ocean beyond.

"As they grow, there's going to be an inevitable push as they take advantage of their economic ability to improve their military capabilities," he said of the Chinese. "We ought to recognize that as a reality. This is not a zero-sum game.

"I do not buy the program," he said, referring to the presumption that conflict cannot be avoided. "I just don't buy it."

seems to me, US military personnel in this article are talking about ways to work with china in the region, and are (later in the article) blowing off the problem of taiwan as a minor tiff that hopefully can be resolved peacefully.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Because we can.

Just thank God everyday of your life that Stormin Norman isn't the president.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
Because we can.

Just thank God everyday of your life that Stormin Norman isn't the president.

lmao....you mean the guy that didnt have enough sense to keep saddam's helos grounded after gulf 1, and therefore allowed the uprising that bush sr. had been trying to get started get squashed? no way he would ever have been elected.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"The bomb bay was fitted for 80 GPS-guided bombs, at 500 pounds each, that could be delivered to any target in Asia within a few hours."

Get what they are thinking?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
must be somthing to do with a couple of hundred missiles at the Chinese coastal area pointing somwhere.
anibody dink of dat?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Get what they are thinking?

i get that this is the only part of the article that was actually read. read the rest of it and you will see that it is not about US aggression.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The real question here is just exactly who here is complaining?

seekerof

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Since when is maintaining a conventional deterrent to agression something to complain about?

I remember the good "ole" days when there would have been a full load of strategic special weapons in that bomb bay.

Thank Ronald Reagan that you can complain about some 500 pounders now.

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes there is a difference though. Chinas generals talk about nuking US for taiwan. The US attacks people for a reason. China isnt so nice.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Only one General that we are aware of and all militaries have ther quacks and hacks in high places though not nessasarily in important high places hopefully.

Afterall didnt MacArthur want 40-50 atomic bombs for the korean war?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
Only one General that we are aware of and all militaries have ther quacks and hacks in high places though not nessasarily in important high places hopefully.

very true, middle kingdom, macarthur wanted to nuke china to stop them from entering the war, which is one of the main reasons he was relieved of command....was the chinese general in question relieved? if not, it suggests agreement of the chinese government.

as long as we are off topic here, let me ask you, do you think that the taiwan issue will trigger a war between the US and China?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

very true, middle kingdom, macarthur wanted to nuke china to stop them from entering the war, which is one of the main reasons he was relieved of command....was the chinese general in question relieved? if not, it suggests agreement of the chinese government.

as long as we are off topic here, let me ask you, do you think that the taiwan issue will trigger a war between the US and China?

cns.miis.edu...

Article VI

For the purposes of Articles II and V, the terms "territorial" and "territories" shall mean in respect of the Republic of China, Taiwan and the Pescadores; and in respect to the United States of America, the island territories in the West Pacific under its jurisdiction. The provisions of Articles II and V will be applicable to such other territories as may be determined by mutual agreement.

Article VII

The Government of the Republic of China grants, and the Government of the United States of America accepts, the right to dispose such United States land, air and sea forces in and about Taiwan and the Pescadores as may be required for their defense, as determined by mutual agreement.

i think it WILL trigger a war between US and China.

but with the economic relations of the two countries, thats a big maybe

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why is America hyping the China Threat theory. America spends more than anyone else in the world, infact America spends more than the rest of the world combined!! America has more of anything than anyone else, so I really think America should shut up and stop whining.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Depends how much spine the democrats will have considering that the republicans will lose the next elections.

As for the general he wasn't relieved he has some friend in high places but he's not in any command of importance, he's inert. And his opinions weren't shared by the Politburo.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The real question here is just exactly who here is complaining?

seekerof

I wonder if the US would complain if China built an air base in Cuba that had the ability to drop bombs in any US City within hours...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Funny thing is that actually happened in the 60's just replace Chinese with Russian... and hours within minutes....

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Funny thing is that actually happened in the 60's just replace Chinese with Russian... and hours within minutes....

theres a difference between airbase and atomic bombs in missile delivery system. Kennedy agree to pull out missiles from Turkey in return for Soviets to pull the missiles out of Cuba.

but then we have no American forces in Taiwan so its bad comparison aniways.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
ummm can you supply a link to confirm that?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

ummm can you supply a link to confirm that?

umm confirm which one u might ask?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join