It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test Flight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
external image

I'm new at this, so if it doesn't work, I'll be U2Uing Gaz to delete this pdq.

Ok...thats good...I actually got the pic into the thread.

now I'll try a larger image.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by masqua]

Woohooo!!! I get to show you all my terrible artwok now

Ok that was a painting I did about 8 years ago. The next one is even older and is hanging in my living room. This is the house we lived in for 25 years while my sons were growing up. If you look close, you'll see my pooch running through the grass towards you in this early spring morning. Her name was Pepper...don't worry, she's a peach.

[edit on 11/6/08 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
masqua,

I think they are GREAT!
You have a really nice style..
I particularly like the house, with the pooch running up..

Post more please..Beautiful work, all of them..!

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thanks, spacedoubt...I'll post some more when I take the pics. I've got plenty of my stuff on the walls and piled in corners since I've been fairly active since I was about 10 years old.

Maybe I'll take a pic of my studio and post that as well.

Glad you liked them...music to my ears. The painting of the house has some bad lighting coming across from the right side...It actually has better colour in it than what the pic shows.

This is the working part of my studio and shows what I'm working on as soon as the snow starts blowing around.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yes, I saw the light reflected in the painting..So I mentally accounted for it..
if you know what I mean..

I've taken photos of paintings before, So I've run across it!..

I was looking again, at the airplane..(Mustang?)..
I like they way you presented the propeller, you can see it spinning.
Then , the pilots face...just flat-out cool...
I'd hang'em in my house..

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I liked the Mustang too. the painting is called Night Flyer and is one of two I kept for myself out of a fairly large series of planes I did...mostly fighters from WWI and II. The other one I couldn't part with was a Hurricane.

I'd take a shot of that tonight, but I think I'd prefer to shoot them in daylight. (with a camera :clown

Here's a painting of the place where I was born, in Holland. It's in a very old part of a very old city...Deventer. My grandfather ran his business from there...a moving company. You can see the shingle beside the front door. The garage door with the hoist and hook above is shown just past the third window. I remember when those gas lamps actually worked.

I had to use a photograph for constructing the painting and that is why the camera lens distortion is evident.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
WOW!

the roof shingles, very nice detail.
And the cat, on the sidewalk..adding a tiny element of motion..

I like the camera lens effect...Since I can't draw, I shoot photos, lots of them.
Do you work in oils? acrylics?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Really nice art... I can't paint anything liek that when it coems to comptuer stuffI'm better and I'm decent at photography...... I just need a better camera so I combine my photoshop and photography skills...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My earliest works were oils. I used them extensively while I was living at home with my parents who were more than willing to keep me in supplies.
I imitated all the Dutch masters as best I could, especially Van Gogh for forest and field scenes and floral still life. I also did a lot of old wooden ships under full sail because they are so much fun to do. I now do not have even one of those oils left in my personal collection...they are spread out across the world in the homes of my very, very large extended family.

When I went to art school in London Ontario, I became interested in the bright colours that acrylic offers and have used them ever since. There are no smells either, which is good and water for thinning and cleaning is a major benefit over linseed oil and turpentine. My nose used to react badly to it when I put a lot of time into an oil painting. It would even seem to constrict my throat.

What do you think of the paintings and drawings surrounding the easel in the studio shot I edited into the third post of this thread?

Now I use only acrylics on masonite panels.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Really nice art... I can't paint anything liek that when it coems to comptuer stuffI'm better and I'm decent at photography...... I just need a better camera so I combine my photoshop and photography skills...

Thanks, general...you do pretty good at computer graphics. I think I already told you that once or twice (lol)

The camera I use is a Fujifilm Finepix 3800...it's a really great camera and was not very pricey. If you get a better camera, make sure you get a good tripod with it. That makes all the difference in the world for clear sharp photography.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
About the photo of your studio..

The paintings on the right look like you were conveying isolation, or desolation..
inclduing the one on the easel..

the one on the upper right..reminded me instantly of a guy I knew back in Virgina.
An Artist named Reggie Pollack..or Reginald actually..He painted on panels as well..Used oils though...He's passed away now...But check out some of his stuff.
you may find it interesting...

www.reginaldpollack.net...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I began to be interested in the ancient world about 30 years ago. Egyptian heiroglyphs, old world symbols, Native American petraglyphs...anything which, though speculated upon, no-one really was too certain of. Myth and mystery really caught my interest and started working its way into my paintings. This is a detail from a piece I titled 'Marduk'

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
About the photo of your studio..

The paintings on the right look like you were conveying isolation, or desolation..
inclduing the one on the easel..

the one on the upper right..reminded me instantly of a guy I knew back in Virgina.
An Artist named Reggie Pollack..or Reginald actually..He painted on panels as well..Used oils though...He's passed away now...But check out some of his stuff.
you may find it interesting...

www.reginaldpollack.net...

hmmm...isolation and desolation *shudder*...perhaps not so far off the mark. The panel with the arch is representative of life and death, where the golden ring suggests birth by rising from the plains of reality (good and evil identified by the chequer board) and arching through life, only to dissapear once again into the underworld. The idea was to suggest life as a ring, half in existence, half as spirit, continually rotating into and out of the universe. I am painting a lot of landscapes which you see on the easel now. They are not reality...I am trying to show something else, trying to portray the spirit of the trees... complete with auras.
On the right side you see more of the Native American influence in the bottom panel. The one above it, co-incidentally, was inspired by Jackson Pollock.

I liked Reggie Pollacks work. I'm sorry to hear your friend has passed away. The paintings Reggie did remind me of another artist I have known for almost 40 years. Steve Selpal now lives and paints in Florida, but I first met him in art school (H.B.Beal) in the late 60's. My favourite paintings are of his dreamscapes.

Some of his work has nudity, so I'll not post them here, but Googling Steve Selpal will get you his webpages easily.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
the present age called Ollin, described in its symbol. The other ages are arranged around it.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here is a painting inspired by ATS...a self portrait.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is a 'mood' painting. I was trying to place heat and cold together in a still life with extremes of colour. This painting hangs in my living room.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Masqua,

Very nice...very nice indeed!

Your ATS self-portrait had me laughing my butt off.

Here's one I am particularly fond of:

Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks, 12m8keall2c...
on the portrait, I was thinking I should make it into a signature. On the one you liked the best, this is the piece I'm working on right now and will be part of a series as I'm planning to do about a dozen paintings of the same idea.

BTW...if anyone wanted to use any of these for avatars/sigs, they are welcome to the images in this thread. Photoshop them to your hearts content. I own the originals, and thats all that matters, really.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Your ATS self portrait makes for a nice avatar.

160 X 305

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join