It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A view on Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
From my understanding on things, I feel God is Energy an Spirit. if that makes sense to anyone. Thats my opinion.

Also, the Dec 25th debate of Jesus birthday as to why they chose this date ( Constantine group) thats simple, its because Constantine was a worshipper of the Sun, but in all reality, the Sun was chosen because this is where they had seen earth get its life from. So the since Jesus was considered the Sun of God then this date would have been perfect ( dec 25th) along with the other Sun Gods early on before Jesus.
If one would seach out Winter Solstice this is truely the reason Dec 25th was chosen. It fits in perfectly. the 3 day cycle of the sun at winter. and its return to the earth on the 25th of dec.
I`m sure everyone knows the story and how it fits in with Jesus.
I`m pretty sure that on the 25th Dec, thats when we start gaining more sunlight in the day.
I, myself was not aware of this for years til i started looking into it more an how it fits into the christ story.
would anyone like to add to this?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There's this history of christianity which many christians are ignorant of and probably some who refuse to acknowledge, and it's very secret and hidden, but in time all hidden truth shall be revelaed. BTW: how many watch the documentary: The Da Vinci Deception on Saturday evening?

What are your thoughts?

Bless

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
After many years of self contemplation, praying, and observing humanity in many extreme situations I've come to 2 arguements that support both ends of the spectrum. Please know that I see these things only because of an inner drive that provides a reverence for life, and a search for truth.

Strongest arguement to discredit the existance of God (at least as understood by humans):

1) One of the purported definitions of "Atheist" is one who does not subscribe to the belief of any supreme being above them (in the spiritual sense/more enlightened), and does not acknowledge the possibility of anything higher than them.

2) The God of the bible fits this definition, making God an atheist.

3) (Christianity as an example) Therefore Christians strive to convert "atheists" into Christians who believe Christ was God manifested in man, and the word "Christian" itself means to be like Christ.

4) Putting it all together then: "Christians" convert "Atheists" into "Christians" who are trying to be like Christ (AKA God), who is an atheist.

Most monotheistic religions are attempting to convert atheists into people who are aiming to be more like God who is an atheist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strongest arguement to give credit to the existance of God (at least as understood by humans):

Everything humanity has learned about the human mind tells us we have never been capable of creating such an abstract and intangible concept such as a perfect supreme God. The facts that we fear the unknown, and could contemplate the meaning of death were simply not sufficient catalysts for using deductive reasoning with a mind that operates under the law of association, and give us the idea of a perfect singular consciousness. Fear + Death could not have given us GOD.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The best flattery of God is from an atheist, because it's from him , where we can see the absolute denial of a creator, where there really is.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It kinda confuses me of how people can deny Someone who is constantly around them and watching over them. I personally know that God exists, as much as you or I physically exist. People constantly try to come up with explanations of how God cannot possibly exist, everything from evolution(LOL COMPLETE BS) to spontaneous generation(which contradicts itself) all in order to live a free and sinful life free from restricitions. I'm sorry folks, but you can deny that oxygen doesn't exist but that doesn't make it true. I also love how aetheists are constantly saying "STOP TRYING TO CONVERT ME!!!". C'mon guys, use your brain for a second. What would we possibly gain from converting you? Nothing, that's right nothing. We are only trying to save you from the metaphorical electric-chair waiting for you tomorrow. Aetheists are in fact, the ones converting christians into haters of God at a much more rapid pace. With the constant bombardment of lust, gluttony, and greed, people are straying farther from God every day. And what do aetheists gain from non-knowingly converting christians? Oh nothing either, except for mass product consumption, more followers of certain products, life-long consumers of certain sinful products, and $$$. But at what price? Aetheists do not care what happens to people after this life, because their motto is "Live for Today, Fuk tomorrow." Well, that's all I have to say about both parties of the arguement.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by TheBlueSoldier]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
People constantly try to come up with explanations of how God cannot possibly exist,
[edit on 29-11-2005 by TheBlueSoldier]

Hi TheBlueSoldier,
I believe in god so much so infact that it pains me to watch ppl make up storys , jesus is a false prophet, he's a made up saviour story, one of many simler storys that exist, read the post carefully BlueSoldier you will see i believe in god but despise the ignorent, (Deny Ignorence)

all the best
iamian

[edit on 043030p://1616 by iamian]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
BTW: how many watch the documentary: The Da Vinci Deception on Saturday evening?
What are your thoughts?
Bless

Hi Crusader,
i did'nt see The Da Vinci Deception so i'm affraid i cant comment, but The Da Vinci Code and the Holy Blood Holy Grail dont rest easy with me, I feel the Mary Madeleine scenario and the Devine Blood theory are very interesting debates, but they point to the fact that Jesus was the sun of god, this i dont believe, so all that i'm left with is a feeling that some propaganda is at work, Crusader: prepair yourself for a New version of the Christian story coming soon to a town near you.

all the best... iamian

PS, Got any info on The Da Vinci Deception documentary worth noting?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
strongest arguement to discredit the existance of God (at least as understood by humans):
One of the purported definitions of "Atheist" is one who does not subscribe to the belief of any supreme being above them (in the spiritual sense/more enlightened), and does not acknowledge the possibility of anything higher than them.
Most monotheistic religions are attempting to convert atheists into people who are aiming to be more like God who is an atheist.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strongest arguement to give credit to the existance of God (at least as understood by humans):

Everything humanity has learned about the human mind tells us we have never been capable of creating such an abstract and intangible concept such as a perfect supreme God. The facts that we fear the unknown, and could contemplate the meaning of death were simply not sufficient catalysts for using deductive reasoning with a mind that operates under the law of association, and give us the idea of a perfect singular consciousness. Fear + Death could not have given us GOD.

HI Esoteric Teacher,

"Atheist", whats in a name,
A word designed by man to explain two narrow fields of conciousness, God is an athiest is a wacky backy enligtenment eureka moment of philophosy, wich may i add i've been known to have once in a while, but to be a strong arguement to discredit the existance of God, can only work on a narrow point of view,

Fear + Death,
Fear: is an higthend sense of awairness, a part of a machine that works unknowingly without conciousness to protect us, so yes god is inside us.

Death: to contemplate the meaning of death, All human drama is, to a great extent, a story of how human beings cope with the terror of death, and how they overcome death anxiety through a great variety of conscious efforts and unconscious defence mechanisms.
How we view death and how we cope with death anxiety can profoundly affect every aspect of our lives - either positively or negatively.

With what your talking about Esoteric Teacher, you may enjoy a book/dvd call What the Bleep do we know

All the best... iamian

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks iamian.

I've seen "What the Bleep do We Know" plenty of times, and I'll probably see it even more. It was informational, and introduces a lot of different ways of looking at things.

Thanks again,
John (ET)

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Quote: "Attis of Phrygia, Dionysus/Bacchus (of Greece), Horus/Osiris of Egypt, Krishna of India, Mithra & Zoroaster/Zarathustra of Persia.”

Yes my friend - but just because the inspiration for the Idea of "Christ the Savior" (which was later co-joined with Jesus and simultaneously Deified @ Nicea) was probably influenced/derived from said Pagan Gods - doesn't mean that an actual Historical FIGURE/MAN named "Jesus the Nazarene/Nazorean" didn't exist!!! After all the ancient HISTORIAN JOSEPHUS acknowledges that this Man did in-fact exist! He goes on to state that this Political Activist/Rebel Rouser was later Crucified by the (Roman) Empire.

Quote: "The Christian fathers resorted to the explanation that the Devil himself had created these other near identical religions"

= Obvious non-sense

"prior to the alleged time of Jesus to deceive the masses so they would reject the true religion of Christianity as being just a copycat of these already existing religions."

Maybe their worries were justified - because they had to explain away a truth! They were trying to CREATE a NEW RELIGION around the figure of this Messianic Jew named Jesus - but did Jesus ever ask for this? Mans Foolishness always seems to astound me - never learning from mistakes of the past - always repeating them!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes jesus the jew born in Nazarath, the rebel rowser is documented, but this is a very different jesus to the one st paul and the gosples talk of, maybe the same person but not the same story, how come we ignore those who knew him best, and let a new world religion dominate for two thousand years becouse of the opinion of the apostle paul and the propaganda of the Gosples, its time to reinvestigate and challenge the conception of the Christian faith for the sake of all mankind

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join