It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Santa Claus be a thing of the past?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Going off on a tangent, I have noticed that every year, Halloween is becoming less and less celebrated as well. Maybe it has something to do with terrorists, or just all the needles-in-apples sort of stuff going around. But we had that when I was trick-or-treating and everyone still went.. why has the world suddenly become so scared? A few years ago I remember always having like 150 kids come to the door every year. My sister went out this year and she said there was like 20 kids in the whole city out :\. The stores are still selling the candy and costumes, but it seems like nobody is doing the actual trick-or-treating any more. I hardly saw any Halloween decorations on houses this year either. Maybe this is just me and Halloween is still in it's former glory, unbeknownst to me. I just hope it doesn't become obsolete and kids don't have that one day a year they get to totally stock up on a pillow case full of candy
. Ah, the good old days when we still spelt it "Hallowe'en". Since it became one word, it has all been going downhill.

As for Christmas and Santa, things still seem about the same as they always were. I'll make note this year if I think the festive cheer has increased or decreased from last year.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As sweet as your signature is, i am sure Santa will always be there for you.

Holloween is becoming meaningless so somehow i think Santa Claus will be eradicated and sure, Christmas will always (i hope) be around . I was simply refering to Santa Claus.. I hope not.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlescott
I always believed that Christmas was about giving not receiving. Putting a smile on anyones face, young or old is gift no matter were there are in this world or what they beleive in. Santa Claus is a since of spirit for those that believe in Christmas.

BESIDES NO ONE IS GONNA TAKE AWAY CLARK W. GRISWOLD FROM ME

Great post! haha

When I was a child, I was alittle hurt when I found out the big guy was not real, and was upset with my parents. In a span of 5 minutes, I found out Sanata, Easter bunny, Tooth Fairy etc. were all fake. Can you believe the pain? LOL. But, I survived and still love and trust my family. This is a white lie that your child will forgive you for and later thank you for. Have we all forgot what it felt like to be a child? Some of these posts have really surprised me.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join