It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd... NWO, MKULTRA, CIA, occultists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I believe much of Pink Floyd's music has been influenced by founding member, songwriter and guitarist, the late Syd Barrett. As mentioned by several others, Barrett left the band in 1968 after suffering from mental illness issues.

After two solo albums in the early 1970's, he eventually went back to live in his mother's basement. Barrett's story is extremely strange and tragic, obviously leaving a profound impact on the remaining band members.

Albums like 'Dark Side of the Moon', 'Wish You Were Here' and 'The Wall' have clear references to mental illness and instability. The character played by Bob Geldof in the movie "The Wall" appears to be inspired by Barrett as well.

Without Barrett's tragic demise, it is difficult to say if Pink Floyd would have become as prolific or accomplished. Certainly, their music would have taken a different path.

Here is a picture of Syd in 1975, after his breakdown and during the recording of 'Wish You Were Here' at Abbey Road Studios. The other band members did not recognize him and were clearly distraught when they finally realized it was him in the studio watching them record.

upload.wikimedia.org...

The song 'Shine on You Crazy Diamond' was dedicated by the band to their former bandmate.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

[edit on 2-12-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There is a "dark side of the moon" - documentary on Pink Floyd -
The lyricist talks about some of the lyrics -
and where they were all coming from at the time -
They're clean - Just a little ahead of their time.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Pink Floyd is no doubt one of my favorite bands. I think the third album in my collection was Dark side of the Moon. I was lucky to see two versions of the band live that were both perfect first Pink Floyd without Roger Waters in Vancouver, BC & then Roger Waters At the Gorge in Washington state.

As far as any connection to the CIA or MKULTRA nope they were just a band though Syd Barrett did probably use some of the same '___' that those people used in their programs.

I never really paid attention to the Syd Barrett story until I saw a documentary after his death a couple of years ago – though I was made aware years ago about how some of the lyrics of Pink Floyd's music was about him.

Here’s an interview with Syd where he’s losing touch with our side of the world. Though there seems to be some clarity if your able to follow it, his mind is breaking down to the point that he can barely function.

To lighten it up a bit here's some great old pink floyd.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by informatu

I'd have to just go with the obvious, Roger Waters noticed long ago how things really are, starting with the concept albums the writing became more detailed and explainitory in those views. Listen to "several small species of furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving it with a pict" and then jump to any song on the Animals album, (people -society) or The Wall (relationship- society -effects of being an icon).
Its just good eye opening solid written songs and music. If people wanted to they could pick Floyd apart for decades plugging in meanings.
Good times good times

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

As far as any connection to the CIA or MKULTRA nope they were just a band

Can you be sure about that?

According to William Colby, former Director of the CIA, "The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
quotes.liberty-tree.ca...
(Colby was the victim of an unfortunate "boating accident." See www.beyondweird.com... for more info.)

Lyndon LaRouche said that
"The Beatles ... were a product shaped according to British Psychological Warfare Division (Tavistock) specifications, and promoted in Britain by agencies which are controlled by British intelligence." ...
en.wikipedia.org...

Stewart Armstrong Copeland (born July 16, 1952) is an American musician, best known as the drummer for the band The Police...

Copeland was born in Alexandria, Virginia,[1][2] the youngest of four children of CIA officer Miles Copeland, Jr. and Scottish archaeologist Lorraine Adie. The family moved to Cairo, Egypt a few months after his birth, and Copeland spent his formative years in the Middle East. In 1957, the family moved to Beirut, Lebanon and Copeland attended the American Community School there...
en.wikipedia.org...

James Douglas Morrison (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971) was an American singer, songwriter, poet, writer and filmmaker. He is best known as the lead singer and lyricist of The Doors and is widely considered to be one of the most charismatic frontmen in rock music history.[2]...

Morrison was born in Melbourne, Florida, to future Admiral George Stephen Morrison and Clara Clarke Morrison...
en.wikipedia.org...

George Stephen Morrison (January 7, 1919 - November 17, 2008), was an admiral and naval aviator in the United States Navy. Morrison was commander of the U.S. naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Gulf of Tonkin Incidents of August 1964. He was the father of The Doors' lead singer Jim Morrison[1].[2][3]...
en.wikipedia.org...

John Graham Mellor (21 August 1952 – 22 December 2002), better known by his stage name Joe Strummer, was the co-founder, lyricist, rhythm guitarist and lead singer of the English punk rock band The Clash...

Joe Strummer was born as John Graham Mellor in Ankara, Turkey on 21 August 1952... His father Ronald Mellor, was a British foreign-service diplomat born in Lucknow, India...
en.wikipedia.org...

See also:

Inside The LC: The Strange but Mostly True Story of Laurel Canyon and the Birth of the Hippie Generation
davesweb.cnchost.com...
(goes into great detail about the intell/military connections of Hollywood music & movie stars)

Is Faul linked to intelligence?
plasticmacca.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Interesting thread about an interesting band.

sandf.

The night I found out my brother had committed suicide 12-22-09, I came home, became ill, and crawled in bed with a fever.

What was on mtv (for once?)

Pink Floyd doco and The Wall.

Not really conducive to good things at that time.

Wife changed the channel.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
this thread brings up a lot of very good points that i never thought about before. i've listened to Floyd for 20 plus years. i always felt they were very insightful about the human condition and big brother. it is kind of freaky how far we have come and so much of the stuff they wrote about is on the horizon.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I remember as a teenager, how Pink Floyd attracted us all! We loved them, still do. They didn't really 'speak to us', however the lyrics were extremely philosophical and made you wonder 'just who are these guys?'
But it wasn't the music of a revolution or anything like that. More folks were interested in Led Zepplin than Pink Floyd, quite frankly a lot of my friends thought it was just a little too weird. Phsycadellic music, as it was called, was meant to be enjoyed along with mind altering drugs, otherwise it made very little sense.

Through the years the band members have changed, sued each other, had mental problems, ect, so linking all the years of Pink Floyd together to anilyze isn't feasible. You would have to decide what song, then who all were the band members at that time, and look into it from there. To generalize 'Pink Floyd' and all the songs and albums together and try to see any pattern won't work. Too many different writers, players, singers, ect.

Just enjoy their music, and don't try to make anything of it, all they were making was fame and fortune.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Very interesting thread on a great band.

I would like to bring your attention to another band that has written about the NWO.

Radiohead has been called both an agent of the NWO and a fighter of the NWO. I personally believe that they fall into the latter category.

Listen to songs such as: No Surprises, 2+2=5, Everything in Its Right Place and Talk Show Host, just to name a few.

Example:

No Surprises

A heart that's full up like a landfill,
a job that slowly kills you,
bruises that won't heal.
You look so tired-unhappy,
bring down the government,
they don't, they don't speak for us.
I'll take a quiet life,
a handshake of carbon monoxide,

with no alarms and no surprises,
no alarms and no surprises,
Silence, silence.

This is my final fit,
my final bellyache

with no alarms and no surprises,
no alarms and no surprises please.

Such a pretty house
and such a pretty garden.

No alarms and no surprises (get me outta here),
no alarms and no surprises (get me outta here),
no alarms and no surprises, please.

and

2+2=5

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five
I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April showers
And two and two always makes a five
It's the devil's way now
There is no way out
You can scream and you can shout
It is too late now
Because you're not there
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
yeah I feel it, I needed attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Yeah I need it, I needed attention
I needed attention
I needed attention
I needed attention
Yeah I love it, the attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Soon oh
I try to sing along
But the music's all wrong
Cos I'm not
Cos I'm not
I'll swallow up flies?
Back and hide
But I'm not
Oh hail to the thief
Oh hail to the thief
But I'm not
But I'm not
But I'm not
But I'm not
Don't question my authority or put me in the box
Cos I'm not
Cos I'm not
Oh go up to the king, and the sky is falling in
But it's not
But it's not
Maybe not
Maybe not

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I just came across this website last week and found it extremely interesting all the research done.

"Goodbye Blue Sky, Pink Floyd." At 0:18, the white dove (a common symbol of the Holy Ghost) and the protection He offers is destroyed by the change in the Sacraments. War is the punishment (Second Secret of Fatima- "When you see a night illuminated by an unknown light, know that the world is about to be punished by means of war, famine, etc. The good will be martyred and the Pope will have much to suffer.") "Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a Brave New World unfolded beneath the clear blue sky?" If you know the message of Fatima, it is because the world forgot the Holy Ghost in the Sacraments and the world was being punished for this in WWII. In fact, the sign from Heaven to kick off WWII was the same day Stalin and Molotov signed a pact to start off the War. Notice the blood on the cross at 1:27.

This is what the website had to say about there Another Brick in the Wall song

"The Wall, Pink Floyd." The wall is once again the wall of hell (Apocalypse 21:12) which keeps the 12 tribes safe from the meek who are running around the earth after those baptized in the Holy Ghost in the Catholic Rite have been raptured. Notice the communist hammer and sickle in the shadows of the machinery. Here's some advice, make sure your children (and you) are baptized in the correct Sacraments so you don't become "Bricks in the Wall" of Apocalypse 21:12.

Source

Please wake up People before it's too late.

I Pray that Peace and Protection of God Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary be with you all and your families.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join