It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS:"Bioshield Two" Being Pushed Through Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Congress is looking at a bill protecting drug makers from liability in new vaccines if the government orders people to take the medication or vaccination as part of a "public health emergency." The law also establishes the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA) to be the center of biomedical research within the government. This agency will operate independent from government, and thus not be subject to the Freedom of Information Act or any other federal level controls. The bill passed committee one day after its introduction and it is now being quietly pushed through Congress.

www.nvic.org
Nicknamed "Bioshield Two," the legislation is being pushed rapidly through Congress without time for voters to make their voices heard by their elected representatives. Co-sponsored by Republican Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN), Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee Chairman Mike Enzi (R-WY), and Senate Budget Committee Chairman Judd Gregg (R-NH), the legislation will eliminate both regulatory and legal safeguards applied to vaccines as well as take away the right of children and adults harmed by vaccines and drugs to present their case in front of a jury in a civil court of law.

"It is a sad day for this nation when Congress is frightened and bullied into allowing one profit making industry to destroy the seventh Amendment to the Constitution guaranteeing citizens their day in court in front of a jury of their peers," said Barbara Loe Fisher, president of NVIC. "This proposed legislation, like the power and money grab by federal health officials and industry in the Homeland Security Act of 2002 and the Project Bioshield Act of 2004, is an unconstitutional attempt by some in Congress to give a taxpayer-funded handout to pharmaceutical companies for drugs and vaccines the government can force all citizens to use while absolving everyone connected from any responsibility for injuries and deaths which occur. It means that, if an American is injured by an experimental flu or anthrax vaccine he or she is mandated to take, that citizen will be banned from exercising the Constitutional right to a jury trial even if it is revealed that the vaccine maker engaged in criminal fraud and negligence in the manufacture of the vaccine."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There currently is no vaccine being manufactured specifically for the Avian Flu, mainly because there is no recognized human strain of the virus yet. This bill hints at coming plans for mass vaccinations, and it also hints at the risks that will be involved. Not to mention, a semi-secret government agency conducting the "research" and overseeing the operation? Talk about your conspiracy fodder...

Related News Links:
www.harktheherald.com
www.news14charlotte.com

[edit on 31-10-2005 by RogerKint]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Fodder, yes, but that hardly means that there is a conspiracy.

Fact is, the businesses aren't charities. They're not going to make vaccines that are guarenteed to hurt some people without having legal protections, and if they don't make the vaccines, then lots more people die from the disease.

Short of nationalizing the pharmaceutical industry, this is simply allways going to be an issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
But if the threat of death is exaggerated and, as in the case of Avian Flu, the implications are grossly trumped up, then I see no reason to mandate possibly dangerous vaccines to entire populations. Yes, a few million people dying would certainly be unfortunate, but in the context of 6 billion on Earth, it is hardly a fatal blow to mankind. Injecting something that could kill a whole lot more in unknown side effects would amount to gross negligence, even genocide. Further, the research agency founded in the bill would fall under Homeland Security, yet be another independent entity within US government. Because of that, no citizens or scientific peers will ever be able to review the science behind these supposed cures nor the controls of their production. This is unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
doesnt sound good to me. not good at all.
intereting that protecting them from liability.
just like the corporation law.

excelent analysis. thankyou.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
36 000 deaths per year in the US from regular Flu.

Around 60 world wide to have died from Avian Flu.

This virus has to 'naturally' mutate before it can even become passable from human to human, yet there's a global media induced panic and HUGE contracts for the pharmacutical industry which has been waiting for it's payoff (the forced mental health tests and medicating of children didn't really take).

Now the same companies won't stand by their meds for a pandemic which is yet to even become a reality, are the meds going to be race specific? (as removing 'undesirables' is part of the NWO plan for population reduction)

What should really be talked about is, since a killer virus eminating out of China as a population reduction method has been a rumored NWO point for decades - should the Beijing 2008 Olympics be considered one of the most obvious springboards for quickly spreading a disease globally? and shouldn't we rather be concerned with China's preperation in handling this?

Why did a Communist dictatorship which is going to be the future biggest pain in the 'freeworlds' side recieve the Olympics, a festival of peace?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This bill does have a predecessor, and there is a recourse for vaccine victims. Two out of three applicants using the VICP for recourse are turned down, however.

I have to laugh at the suggested safeguard to bills like this:

The only recourse for citizens will be to strike down mandatory vaccination laws so vaccines will be subject to the law of supply and demand in the marketplace. The health care consumer's cry will be: No liability? No mandates."

So we get to appeal to the same politicians that are sponsoring these bills? Ha!

I share TheShroudOfMemphis's concern:

What should really be talked about is, since a killer virus eminating out of China as a population reduction method has been a rumored NWO point for decades - should the Beijing 2008 Olympics be considered one of the most obvious springboards for quickly spreading a disease globally? and shouldn't we rather be concerned with China's preperation in handling this?

Finally, why use the same bill to create another secret agency that is not subject to FOIA laws or fed control? Make it stand on it's own merits, IMO.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If a company makes a shoddy or defective product they should be held libile for it...if they market it knowing damned good and well it was faulty they should pay the price...this goes for guns, drugs, cars, whatnot...the fact that congress wants to shield manufacturers from the reprocussions of their actions only goes to show whose side the republician controlled congress is really on and you can bet your bottom dollar it ain't you and it ain't me. The rub of it is if the member of one of these congressmen's familes are hurt they will want to sue, sue, sue. Case in point one of the biggest supporters of limiting malpractice claims, I want to say Delay but I could be wrong, family got a multi-million dollar settlement from a malpractice lawsuit yet the congressman in question wanted to limit such claims for the rest of us to $500,000. If I can find out who it was I will post it but I saw it originally on the evening news. Be that as it may, such hypocricy sickens me. And as for claiming there is no evidence of a conspericy, who the hell gives our representives these ideas? Tinkerbell? When are people going to wake up and realize how badly they are getting screwed?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The icing on the human guinea pig cake: under quarantine they can force you to take these vaccines. If they kill you too bad, since there's no recourse and no liability.

The Sky is Falling: An Analysis of the Swine Flu Affair of 1976

Ah the doors of population control are swinging wide open with a slave orphan class coming soon to solve all those cheap labor woes. Social security funding will no longer a problem too.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can understand gun manufacturers being protected from lawsuits because a gun may be used to kill someone, but this is different.

Basically, if a pharmaceutical company makes a drug, and people get injected with the drug and die for some reason, the pharmaceutical companies will be protected from lawsuits, even if their drug is what caused the death.

Remember, this will apply to the "necessary" drugs that our children get prior to entering the public school system as well.

new topics

top topics

join