It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Love crooning 'To All the Girls I've Loved Before' in the shower.........girlfriend not happy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I saw a mention of Enrique Iglesias in another thread and it reminded me of a couple days ago when I was singing the Willie Nelson/Julio Iglesias megahit To All the Girls I've Loved Before while taking a shower. I mean I had the latin accent going for Julio's part and everything. It was truly something to behold.

So of course my g/f starts off barely able to keep from laughing up her splene, but she thinks about it more and starts asking me why I'm singing that song. She starts asking if I'm singing it about someone else. Then she wants too know exactly how many girls I've loved before. All this because I was unfortunate enough to hear that song earlier in the day.

Of course I smoothed it all out, but sheeesh, we almost ended up on Dr. Phil because of it!!

Peace

[edit on 31-10-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
All I can say is:

TEE HEE HEE...

Welcome to girl world, my friend, welcome to our world...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is this where the alternate use of wesson statement hones from? LOL JK!
If you guys have been together awhile, and she didnt ask up front, I don't think it was any of her business. Thats something you disclose up front and then they get a chance to decide whether or not they want to go there. But can't get mad now...especially if youve been involved with the matress mambo for awhile

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Oh Dr. you and i have a similar sense of humor. LOL LOL LOL

Ok, this is too funny. I remember not long ago my well built neighbor came over for something and i made a comment to my husband and we ended up sleeping in separate rooms for 2 weeks!!!!!:shk:

Thanks for making my day

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the support ladies..........I guess!!!

Honestly, the way I look at it is that when she does things like this it shows me that she loves me and in the end it was worth all the trivial problems. I can't tell her enough how much I love her. I guess this is a problem I'll always have to deal with. I like to sing............so sue me!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Next time you're in the shower, start singing It's rainin' men and watch her freak out.

PS - How truly good is your "All the Girls I've Loved Before"? I'm pretty damn good man, got the Iglesias latin accent AND the Willie Nelson nasal drawl down pat.

[edit on 2005-10-31 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Thanks for the support ladies..........I guess!!!

Honestly, the way I look at it is that when she does things like this it shows me that she loves me and in the end it was worth all the trivial problems. I can't tell her enough how much I love her. I guess this is a problem I'll always have to deal with. I like to sing............so sue me!!!!!!

Peace

That's why we're here-- To be that moral support you'll ALWAYS need. That's so cute though- It's so good to hear someone say how much they love the person they're with. It's a nice change from "ARGH! I hate him/her!!!"

And I feel your pain- I'm an insane singer-- It's all I do, and my song choices do sometimes get me in spots of trouble!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've heard that song done in karaoke (with the right accent for both parts), and I just about split my sides, hehe....

If you don't want to get in trouble with the wife, I can recommend some board games to NEVER play, hehe...Newlywed Game, Personalities, etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It was really the part sung by Julio that goes..........

"To all the girls I've once caressed, And let me say I've held the best"

......that set her off. I was using the bottle of Head & Shoulders as a microphone and was totally oblivious of the words that were coming out of my mouth.

Julio would have been proud!

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
So of course my g/f starts off barely able to keep from laughing up her splene
Of course I smoothed it all out, but sheeesh, we almost ended up on Dr. Phil because of it!!

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Next time you're in the shower, start singing It's rainin' men and watch her freak out.

Nothing to say, really, just thanks to both of you for the laughs!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My wife likes to pretend to be jealous. If I can't find my best necktie, she kind of pouts and says, "maybe you left it at your girlfriend's house!"

Which is a joke because she is the big flirt. She is quite young to have advanced so far in her profession, and her bosses are all old men,who always have to "hug on" her every time they see each other at a social event.

It was really intimidating when we were dating; she was working in an ER, and all the cops and firefighters had a thing for her. Anytime we were dining out, some cop in his uniform & pistol would swagger over and talk to hear real loudly for a few minutes. Once we went for lunch and a whole Crew of cops on break basically sat down at our table for about 15 minutes. I was the only dude not packing any iron.

As a matter of fact, she works with a guy who keeps remarking about "what a LARGE man your husband is." Which actually makes me suspicious about what his intentions might be.

Not that I'm the jealous type, but I know what scumbags men are; since I am one. (man, thank you very much.)

The only time I saw her give me the ole "skunk-eye" was when I came home from a business meeting late, and the contact was a chain-smoker. Since my quitting smoking was a HUGE issue, I think she suspected me of falling off of several wagons at once. not to mention that I'd been forced to down several martinis. . .

The painful part is that she has met some of my previous, um, friends. She is competitive enought that it was pretty interesting. Frau_Dr was intimidated because my previous g/f was blonde/blue-eyed nordic looking, while Frau Dr. is dusky. What she didn't notice is that my previous affair was horrified because she had been the older woman in our relationship: I was a decade younger than her; and since Frau Dr. is a decade younger than me, it basically meant that Mrs. Yesterday was 20 years older than my shiny new bride. Talk about your awkward social moments.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just giggle every time I read this-- This is possibly just one of the funniest possible crazy relationship situations ever.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hee Hee Hee...

I stopped by for my dose of humor..

Dr. I do hope things are better now... LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
dg and alcor

I'm glad this thread brings some humor in to your lives. I do love to make people laugh. I'm sure it's the reason my g/f fell in love with me. The day I can't make her laugh is the day God can take me from this Earth. Humor is natural for me. I wouldn't give that ability up for anything. I'm glad if anyone derives some joy out of my quirky experiences.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Dr Love, i share your philosophy. I'm the same way

Its good to get to know the REAL person.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

My wife likes to pretend to be jealous. If I can't find my best necktie, she kind of pouts and says, "maybe you left it at your girlfriend's house!"

My answer is..."yeah, probably...but which one?" (which always makes her laugh, hehe...)

Hehe...my wife does that too...which is pretty funny, because other than work, we're pretty much together 24/7, hehe....

top topics

join