It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
In June I experienced synchronicities and felt on top of the world then crashed and felt very alienated from everyone. Hypersensitivity maxed. I just recently experienced another and feel extremely depressed and alienated once again. I don't understand what's happening, I've been sober for over 8yrs, doing major work in therapy and I think the synchronicities are a result of the therapy. I'm glad I'm hitting my core issues but when does the feeling of insanity go away? I'm not sure what to do, I guess that means don't do anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am jo doctor and don't pretend to have any real training.
Based on what you said and what I have read-it seems like bi-polar disorder. Basicly, it is wide mood swings from on top of the world to at the bottum.
The changes usually occur very fast to.
I would suggest you talk to a REAL medical doctor about this.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Bipolar? The post is regarding the synchronicities and the feelings that emerge after the occurence. Other than the occasional synchronicity I'm pretty even keeled. How do you feel after you experience synchronicities?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The cause could be a number of physical problems, hormones, etc. You really should contact your doctor and let him/her run some tests.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibran72
In June I experienced synchronicities and felt on top of the world then crashed and felt very alienated from everyone. Hypersensitivity maxed. I just recently experienced another and feel extremely depressed and alienated once again. I don't understand what's happening, I've been sober for over 8yrs, doing major work in therapy and I think the synchronicities are a result of the therapy. I'm glad I'm hitting my core issues but when does the feeling of insanity go away? I'm not sure what to do, I guess that means don't do anything.

That's a new word in my medical dictionary, but appears to mean having events doubling in occurance? It's a symptom of depression and/or bipolar disorder and can be treated with Lithium and another drug in unison or as each cycle changes. A professional therapist, phychologist, or MD specializing in such is the one to see for Rx therapy. Always do something; nothing does not work well.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibran72
Bipolar? The post is regarding the synchronicities and the feelings that emerge after the occurence. Other than the occasional synchronicity I'm pretty even keeled. How do you feel after you experience synchronicities?

I'm no doctor either, but..."synchronicity", "bi-polar", "manic-depressive", many more now words that all have something to do with the chemistry of the brain and how changes to it can make you feel.

Like I say, I am no doctor, but I have seen numerous doctors over the past 10-12 years, and each and every one has diagnosed me with (the early ones: "Manic Depressive"), then the later ones, with the euphamism for it, "bi-polar".

I experience symptoms almost identical to what you originally described. Or should I say, "I did". Regardless of the term used, things can become so overwhelming, especially when you mention feeling alienated from everyone, that it can become dangerous. I am on medication now. It took almost 8 years for the doctors to come up with the right combination for me, dosage, strength, etc.... but when they finally did, I no longer experience those feelings.

I know that there is still, with some, a stigma attached to anything that resembles a mental illness, and for some it is hard to come to terms with, and much easier to insist that it is not the case with them. I'm not saying that you have what I have, or that you are uncomfortable with the idea of mental illness. Of course, because I don't know you. Perhaps you don't at all.

I actually just decided to reply, because in your original post, you invoked old feelings that I used to experience so intensely, that it almost ruined my life. What you wrote, reminded me almost exactly of what I used to go through.

So, I guess, all I'm saying, is that while it's often good to post stuff in a forum and get opinions from others, if the situation does not resolve itself, or you do not get a good answer from the forum as to what you might do to remedy it yourself, sometimes, it really doesn't hurt (except for in the pocketbook) to see a professional MD, and get a medical opinion also.

Good Luck,

CyberKat

new topics

top topics

join