It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSSC Results!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Alright guys, worldwatcher couldn't make it, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here goes. The contest has been called off due to a number of mysterious dissapearances, and until the administration can confirm what's happened, the results will be put on hold. We can't tell you anything now, but you have the staff's word that we will let you know what happened. Thank you.

How'd you like my attempt?

Anyway, Amorymeltzer here filling in for WorldWatcher, and I've got what you all want. That's right, the results of the Halloween Short Stories Contest.

First Place
nikelbee
Main Street

Excellent story, very chilling, great use of imagery and ddescription. I felt like I was there.

Extremely well written. The ecurring dream is something that haunts us all a little bit I think, very well chosen.

Second Place
Cicada
The Temple Of The Surgeon

LONG! But good. I felt the fact that it was part of a longer novel was evident, and detracted a bit, but it looks like a contuned fascinating read. On point the entire way, it has character development shorter stories are forced to lack.

Third Place
sylvrshadow
Shadow Moves

This was an excellent story, unique in the perspective it offers. I really liked how it was shown, for the most part, from the perspective of the animals. It had a very eerie, creepy feel to it.

I don't think there's anything creepier than a silent darkness. Very skilled mastery of the frightened genre

Thank you to everyone who entered, and congratulations to the winners! I had a great time reading these stories, they all really went above and beyond the call of spooky. Excellent job everybody!

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

[edit on 10/31/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi All,

I wanted to wish nikelbee & Cicada a warm felt congratulations!!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners

I hope everything is okay with WorldWatcher.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Congrats, everyone! The stories were all great.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners!!!

All three are well deserved wins.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
WW is fine, she just needed a hand wrapping this thing up, what with that whole hurricane thing...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Congratulations Cicada and Sylvershadow on your wins! Great work everyone!!! I love that the ATS writing community is really producing wonderful work - and this contest was proof of that. SO many new writers, so many good stories.

Congrats everyone!

Champers for all

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Congratulations to all winners...As far as the losers go, do we still get Writer status as promised?

Just asking.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Great stories, everyone. I really enjoyed reading them. Glad I wasn't the one who had to pick a winner. Also glad I didn't embarass myself by entering. I'da gotten creamed.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If she promised it to you, dg, then yes, I would think so. You'll have to take that up with her, though.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners,
an excellant job and reward well deserved.

To everyone else, we should have another contest coming soon, I hope, and then it will be our chance.

Nikelbee is the new king of the mountain and we all know who we'll be shooting for in the next go round

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Congratulations nickelbee and sylvrshadow and thank you all.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Queen Mr Wup ....Queen...Nikelbee is the new Queen of the mountain....

good one guys.......

congrats well written

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

Woops! My bad. Sorry Nikelbee, I didn't know you were gay. It's ok though dude, as talented as you are you can make a statement for your kind. You have my support.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by Mayet

Woops! My bad. Sorry Nikelbee, I didn't know you were gay. It's ok though dude, as talented as you are you can make a statement for your kind. You have my support.

Love and light,

Wupy

Don't feel bad, mrwupy, I made the same mistake.

mr. masqua

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
oh dear......oh dear...guys guys

nikelbee is a lady...so she is the Queen of the mountain..

oh dear

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Oh no. Hehehe. We had this gender bender mix-up on TKA as well. So I have to ask again, do my thoughts wear little cowboy hats?

How about Princess of the Hill? Queen makes me sound a bit too prim. We wouldn't want that at all...

Mr Wupy, you responded to my podcast once upon a time. I did have a sore throat and maybe the hoarsness was confusing - I'll admit.

Nikelbee

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Awwwe Nik, I know your female. You have a beautiful voice to boot. I was just kidding around when I saw the thread about you being a queen. Sorry if it was taken out of context.

Congrats again on winning my friend and regardless of what title you choose to claim during your reign, we shall still all be gunning for you in the next contest

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ya'll best be nice, otherwise nikelbee will write a story about you. And you just know you won't like how that turns out.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Awwwe Nik, I know your female. You have a beautiful voice to boot. I was just kidding around when I saw the thread about you being a queen. Sorry if it was taken out of context.

Aww, so sweet mrwupy... you are going to make me blush. I didn't know if you were serious or not.
I didn't want to break the news in case you were err confused.

Gender Bender issues aside, Amory is right, I will use my mighty pen for revenge, muahahaha. You remember Kallie? Made one brief cameo and then disappeared into the night? I got 'The Watcher' after her. No one has heard from her since...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join