It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For sale: Britain’s underground city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Now this would be cool, 58 degrees year round, 240 acers, 60 miles of roads and a train station with a pub.

All you need is the cash and agree to develop the old military base above and it's all yours.

Since the guy who owns ATS lives in Great Britain and has all this cash rolling in from ATS maybe he should purchase the city and have us all over for fish and chips and a pint or two.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The most underpopulated town in Britain is being put on the market. But there will be no estate agent’s blurb extolling the marvellous views of the town for sale: true, it has a Wiltshire address, but it is 120ft underground.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
thats absolutely ace...i wana go 4 my next holliday

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Very interesting find.

However, I have been tempted by www.missilebases.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Now this would be cool, 58 degrees year round, 240 acers, 60 miles of roads and a train station with a pub.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but the former UK Central Government wartime headquarters at Corsham doesn't have a train station or a pub.

There is a disused train station nearby, but its part of a former ammunition storage depot, not part of any Government bunker, and as you can see below, its not in very good nick. Apparently the railway lines leading to the station were taken up nearly 30 years ago.

CROWN COPYRIGHT

and as you can see from the state of the kitchens...

CROWN COPYRIGHT

and Prime Minister's bathroom, (below) this place hasn't been prepared for use for a very long time.

CROWN COPYRIGHT

and this believe it or not was the Bunker's Radio station- designed pre- Beatles.

CROWN COPYRIGHT

zero lift

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Any of you guys seen the tunnels that were unearthed under paris city streets ?

it is absolutely amazing, and i will post the link here soon...it looks absolutely facinating !

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift

This place is a beast! but time has frozen when you get down there '1940s office equipment, Telephone exchange etc'. Nothing has really changed down there possibly becouse the people who worked there gave thier jobs up due to claustrophobia or lack of daylight so that could be one reason.

I still think it would be boss to live in an underground complex but you still came out of it for the daylight, it would be somthing like off Total recall or demolition man. Wouldnt it be boss if they actually did turn it into 'A City', It would have shops, arcades, swimming pools, and other facilities for the public.

But this would also run out of buisness due to the same reason as above.

Anyway, i still like it

Mod Edit: Please watch the big quotes

[edit on 11/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I could see this place become a shopping mall. After all, most malls don't have windows, or if they do, they are usually clustered around the entrance. You may have some sky-lights, but that would be it. And what a great place to have a club! No need to worry about the neighbors complaining about the noise...

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Very interesting find.

However, I have been tempted by www.missilebases.com...

Delightful.

My personal favorite:

"Hamlet, Arkansas, app. 8 acres fenced with nice paved access. Silo imploded and entire facility buried - must be excavated."

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I went to a place in Cheshire called Hack Green last month. It is a Nuclear Bunker with all old computers and Defcon stuff.

www.hackgreen.co.uk...

I have found another bunker sites

www.japar.demon.co.uk...

www.arksecurestorage.co.uk...

www.bunkertours.co.uk...

top topics

join