It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intoduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Greetings, from "newbie" to ATS members. My username is my actual middle name given by my parents who had Acadien or commonly called "Cajun" ancestry. My formal education is in the philosophies of religion, primarily world religions. I also study doctrinal and denominational differences in American religions and their origins. No, I am not a "preacher". I am here to learn, if I can contribute "facts" I will do so. Thank you for the opportunity to learn, as Daniel J. Boorstin said "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge".
LaGrande

JAK

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hello LaGrande and a warm welcome to ATS.

Here is your free introductory gift of Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links which is a great bookmark to keep handy as you get to know your way about.

Welcome again I look forward to seeing you around.

Jak

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Excellent intro LaGrande
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello LaGrande,

Welcome to ATS; I liked your quote "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge". from Daniel J. Boorstin. Even though I am unaware of him that quote speaks volumes.

I look forword to your posts.
Cya around the forums

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, LaGrande. I hope you're enjoying all the site has to offer. If you need any help or advice, don't hesitate to send a u2u my way.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Greetings, LaGrande

Hopefully, you will not only learn but share what you know

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS
And be sure to check out Smokin BQB Threads to facilitate your enjoyment at ATS.

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member. After you have made 20 posts, you can u2u with all members.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.
And, for help to make those images fit and keep those links from gong on forever, please see thisImage Size Guidelines

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as MyATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Also, there is Ignorance Denied, which requires a separate login.

Have a good time here

And,
Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Welcome...
Nice to have you aboard...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Can you cook cajun? I love cajun cooking, ok well I just love food but Cajun is just sooooo yummo

Welcome aboard, you are going to enjoy it around here ...or else

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Glad you could make it, come on in and sit a spell…

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,PTS, and Ignorance Denied.

A great way to get off to an even better start at ATS:

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Other helpful links for new (and old
) members:

Asala’s New Member Advice Thread

Answers to Questions not in the FAQ

Searching and Complaining

ATS Search for “Dummies”

Member's and ATS, L.L.C. Shared Rights

Forgot to vote? Voted and still not happy? Voted and are happy, yet unhappy that others are not sharing your joy:

PTS Is Wide Open For Business

If you have any questions, or need any help, U2U myself or any Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea Button.

Greetings Monkeys, not just for saying "Hi" anymore...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATSm enjoy your long stay!

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Greetings,

Let me welcome you into the commonality known as ATS. It is with great amusement that I christen you an ATS'er after such an extensive time on the banks peering into the watercourse so to speak.

I only hope that we, as a community, can live up to the great expectations placed upon us, and every other tenderfoot constituent, that sets mouse and cursor upon the pilgrimage to "contradict unenlightenment" (DENY IGNORANCE).

With that I bid Godspeed to you and yours ATS. May we encounter one another again my friend in benevolent banter as we deliberate conspiracy topics!

- One Man Short!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Welcome, ejoy the bumppy ride...

top topics

join