It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan F-2 Update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
In Yokohama air exhibition last year, Japan show a new project with model called F-2 super amelioration which is closer to F-16 Block60 carrry two comformal fuel tanks and use new generation APG-81 weapon control system that will be equiped in F-35.
Who has more detail with pictures? Or there are some thread has been posted here?
If the topic has been run, delect what I posted please. sorry

[edit on 31-10-2005 by emile]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have some photos and info - will post it later.

NR

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It seems that the F-2 is a support fighter aircraft for (JASDF) Mitsibushi Heavy Industries was the prime contracter and Lockheed served as a subcontracter. The F-2A is a single seat versian and the F-2B is a 2 seat versian of the aircraft. Four flying prototypes were developed along with two static prototypes and they were all completed by 1997. 49 fighters are currently in service/delivered and are stationed at Mitsubishi's Komaki South Plant in Nagoya. The F-2 can also be equipped with Sparrow, Sidewinder or AAM-3 air-to-air missiles.

Maximum Weight 22000 kg
Power of Engine 13200kg
Maximum Speed 2300 km/h
Maximum Altitude 20000 m
Radius of Action 1000 km
Weapons 1gun (20mm)
Missiles
AAM-1
AAM-3
Maverik
ASM-2
bombs

[edit on 31-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Shame about them cloning the F-16, They could have had this instead;

NR

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Waynos it seemed that the japs really wanted to copy the euro fighter but it was later cancelled due to lack of fundings. I guess nowadays F-16 serves as a patrol aircraft or it can easily be deplyed as a surprised attack aircraft. Cancelled projects such as FS-X and XT-4 trainer.

FS-X

XT-4 trainer.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would like to query the validity of these two pictures if I may.

My uncertainty is in the fact that they are designated FS-X and XT-4. You see, FS-X was the name that the Mitsubishi F-2 was developed under (in the same way that the Raptor emerged from the ATF programme in the USA and likewise the Kawasaki T-4 trainer first flew as the XT-4, I find it very odd that these two pictures share identical designations.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Waynos it seemed that the japs really wanted to copy the euro fighter but it was later cancelled due to lack of fundings.

Excuse me? "Japs"? You know how much of a racist comment that is? I cant even say what that word is like. NR, thats a derogatory comment, please edit it out before a mod see's it. You should be either more carefull or outright ashamed of yourself depending on your intent.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It should be noted that the F-2 is not primarily intended to be an air superiority fighter. Japan already has the F-15J for that role. It's a maritime strike aircraft with a self-defense AAW capability, designed to carry four of the ASM-2 anti-ship missiles. Hence it is somewhat larger and heavier than the F-16.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Something about seeing that symbol painted on Combat aircraft gives me the creeps

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by NR
Waynos it seemed that the japs really wanted to copy the euro fighter but it was later cancelled due to lack of fundings.

Excuse me? "Japs"? You know how much of a racist comment that is? I cant even say what that word is like. NR, thats a derogatory comment, please edit it out before a mod see's it. You should be either more carefull or outright ashamed of yourself depending on your intent.

Yeah well they let other crap fall through like on the stealth helo fourm. I understand venting or mistakes in terms as NR's could be but ppl that just dont care tick me off.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Something about seeing that symbol painted on Combat aircraft gives me the creeps

The land of the Rising Sun, it was bad once, but now it's all good baby.

I myself like the Japanese, they are cool smart people that give us Japanese Animation such as Mobile Suit Gundam. My favorite

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

The land of the Rising Sun, it was bad once, but now it's all good baby.

I know but its still weird like seeing a German Typhoon with a Swastika on it
Well maybe not that bad

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

[Excuse me? "Japs"? You know how much of a racist comment that is?

I was surprised to see this comment, not because the word might be considered racist, of course I understand that. But how many times have discussions on here included reference to Paki's and even Brits without drawing any sort of retribution from members or moderators? After all, if 'Jap' being abbreviated from 'Japanese' is racist, why not 'Brit'?

[edit on 1-11-2005 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

[Excuse me? "Japs"? You know how much of a racist comment that is?

I was surprised to see this comment, not because the word might be considered racist, of course I understand that. But how many times have discussions on here included reference to Paki's and even Brits without drawing any sort of retribution from members or moderators? After all, if 'Jap' being abbreviated from 'Japanese' is racist, why not 'Brit'?

[edit on 1-11-2005 by waynos]

I agree it's not the word but the tone or context in which it is used that determines whether it is a racist remark. Words like this can be used in an affectionate or jovial way or an insulting way. In this case it is clearly not intended as an insult and shouldn't be treated as such.

Ironically the word 'Skippy' is a common derogatory term for a white Australian (similar to honky in america).

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Or they could of have the real thing and cheaper too....

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by R988

I agree it's not the word but the tone or context in which it is used that determines whether it is a racist remark. Words like this can be used in an affectionate or jovial way or an insulting way. In this case it is clearly not intended as an insult and shouldn't be treated as such.

Ironically the word 'Skippy' is a common derogatory term for a white Australian (similar to honky in america).

First up, its not up to other people (non Japanese) to determine what’s offensive to somebody else or not. I understand that "Brits" is NOT considered a racial slur. But do me a favor, go to down town Tokyo and start yelling "JAPS" and see what happens to you. Then afterwards you can reconsider your opinion whether its a racial slur or not (from your hospital bed)

Secondly, I am not Australian and the people who originally gave me that nickname were also not Australian. Its funny, my buddy from Perth, I have worked with for two years, never mentioned that my nickname (that he uses too) was offensive...

Bottom line: "Japs" is a racial slur, and no amount of technical analysis by NON Japanese people can make the use of that term any more acceptable or non racist.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I think that discussion about this abbreviations is much more interesting that original thread. But as I promised before, here are the pictures. I think that emile was reffering to improved version called F-2 SuperKai.

[images should be resized]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well, at last Matej, I don't know why your posted picture should be resized.
I think these photos will make some one who visite this website is very uncomfortable, if administator know what I mean

new topics

top topics

join