It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX pastor electrocuted while performing baptism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Past or electrocuted
Maybe someones a little ticked at the congregation...
A pastor was electrocuted while performing a baptism. Very scary
Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism
WACO, Texas - A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning after adjusting a nearby microphone while standing in water, a church employee said.
The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was stepping into the baptistery as he reached out for the microphone, which produced an electric shock, said University Baptist Church community pastor Ben Dudley.

Is it just me or is this just slightly messed up? Maybe someone's starting to make his point loud and clear..

I know if I were God, I'd be kind of mad at how out of hand
some things have gotten

[edit on 10/31/2005 by denial28]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Waco?

Most definitely karma. No doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey Now I'm convinced God was pissed, apparently he was trying to put his own spin on religion:

Book Description
Everyone struggles with questions like, "How can I know if I'm pursuing God's will or my own?" In this book, pastor Kyle Lake suggests that God's will for a person's life isn't as formulaic as it's often made out to be. This book alleviates ambiguities about God's desires for our lives. Through the use of scriptural metaphors such as discipleship, kingdom and fatherhood, this message empowers people to make wise decisions with the guidance of a God who is not a genie, an insurance policy or a dominator.

[RE]UNDERSTANDING PRAYER
Talk to God With All the Drama

WHAT IF, AFTER COUNTLESS HOURS WITHIN THE WALLS OF CHURCH, you woke up one day feeling completely brain-dead about prayer? What’s the purpose? How does it work? Why even do it? A few years ago, Kyle Lake— a pastor—found himself in this very predicament.

So he set out to “reunderstand” prayer. Here, Lake deconstructs the wrong ideas of prayer that handicap our conversations with God and seeks answers to a few of faith’s most pressing questions like: How do you hear God? How do you know God’s voice from your own? How do you deal with seemingly unanswered prayers? [Re]Understanding Prayer is the first step on a journey toward a more authentic, personal and powerful prayer life. God’s ready. Are you?

join