It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC) Active Duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Manfred licked his lips and double-clicked the Outlook icon, his right leg bouncing like a caffeinated metronome. The mouse arrow turned into a somersaulting hourglass. -damn virus software. Worse than the viruses I swear.G He stared at the clutter on his desk. Status reports and spreadsheets blended into so much useless crap. The same tired Dilbert cartoons were posted to his cubicle wall. The phone blinked that a voice message was waiting.
"Hey Manfred!, did you get my message?" Gloria walked up behind him. "No Gloria, I've been kind of busy, look at my desk!" He swiveled his chair around so that he could stab her with his eyes. She hugged her stack of portfolios closer to her chest, "Well, I was just trying to let you know some army guy was here to see you, sheesh!" She didn't budge. Manfred looked into her brown eyes. She was young, attractive, and way too nice to work at McFaddon Talent Agency. Her eyes seemed to glisten. "Oh for fck's sake Gloria, does everybody know?!"
"Know what?" she played dumb.
"Nevermind...is he still here?"
"No, he said he had some business at Maize Plaza, and that you should meet him there later."
"Here," she handed him a slip of paper, "It's his cell."
He took the paper and swung his chair back around. The program's intro screen gave way to his inbox. There was a new message from [email protected]. Gloria continued to stand behind him. He turned his head and raised his eyebrows at her. She left. He opened the email.

Cpl. Dutchweissler,
We are sorry to inform you that your request has been denied.
Please report for active duty at once.

-Army Reserves automated dispatch

**Do not reply to this email**

This was getting more serious. Manfred had tried calling and emailing, but he could only seem to reach automated services. He had never signed up to be in ANY branch of the armed services, and he sure as hell wasn't going to now. Not with that rebellion flaring up in western Utah. Shooting at U.S. citizens? Fk that! How the hell could they get this wrong? He was the only Manfred P. Dutchweissler around, or at least as far as Google could tell him. He looked at the scrap of paper in his left hand. Scrawled in puffy handwriting only a female could produce was the name Sgt. Turkman and a phone number. He stuffed the paper into his pocket and headed for the elevator. It was only six blocks to the Strategic Dynamic's building and Maize Plaza. Lunch could wait...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Whoops, missed the deadline, well... next time.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I thought the deadline was Holloween...

When was it up?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I thought the deadline was Holloween...

When was it up?

28th October at 12pm EST.

top topics

join