It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No finance no romance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88

No Finance, No Romance.

I'm just going to give a short answer:

That is probably the biggest pile of bull I've heard on the subject of relationships. I'm not exactly the most financially stable person on the planet but I can tell you now that I have gone out with some very beautiful women. Despite what you think, women aren't just after money.

I'd just like to add, women aren't objects. Treat them with respect or else your love life will be non-existent.

Wow ~ I couldn't have said that any better. I agree with you wholeheartedly on this particular topic. My fiance' is gorgeous and it just so happens that when she and I met she had no idea of my financial status. Not sayin' that I wasn't financially stable but that wasn't an issue at the time and to this day it still isn't. There comes a time when you stop worryin' about the materialistic side of things and cater more to the person for who he/she is vice what he/she has. If you base any relationship you have off of the dollar sign you are gonna be real unhappy because once the money is gone so is she.

Luckily though the world is full of women (all different variations) so take your pick. I only ask that you choose wisely.

scienceguy94
I am sick of it. These days you need to have money or else you are relegated to dating uglies and retards. face it guys you have got to have money to attract a decent woman.

That is soooooo untrue ~ I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ahhhh.....I finally found it ..the thread I was looking for in my last post about women being labeled Whores.

It is in the thread here on Relationships titled "women who have more money than men".

The statement is by a poster named Flyboy 211. I first read about this in that post but couldnt quite put my finger on the context I wanted to post. Hence the post two before this one.

Anyway..that was my thinking on the subject of women being labeled whores. It is often more visciously and cruel manner applied by other women than men. And yes it is about control.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well I'm one of those women who has 'sex appeal' yet have knocked back a number of proposals from wealthy men over my life, not because they lacked social or worldly qualities but because they couldn't convince me, that should I suffer some accident or illness that removed that sex appeal, their affection and loyalty would remain.

Give me a just, kind man any day! To be such a man today takes wisdom, integrity and courage, qualities that can stand true against the greatest of worldly lossess.

Also men who care too much about looks, worry me that any 'imperfect' children who come out of the coupling, may not be unconditionally loved by them or grow with a sence of being an embarrassment, something that can rob their generation of qualities they lose the confidence to display.

I hate the way the word 'partner' is used today because unlike 'spouse' it has become a temporary term that draws peoples focus away from the many unexpected conditions and high and low cycles of a "life long" partnership, that could include decades of caring for a bed ridden cripple and any children you made together.

If you can't take comfort from someome under the worst of conditions, they aren't your partner, but a 'team mate' who could, at any time, sell their 'loyalty' to any better 'paying' team.

Yep, I'm old fashioned enough to believe, "doing what's best for you" should never come before, "doing the right thing", so looking for a mate you can 'get' the most from is the first step to being a taker and not a giver, the bane of modern life for all.

Think about it, "looking out for number one", means it's you against the world, everyone against everyone else; with impossible odds like this, how did that idea ever take off?

To me a man with money, sans integrity, is no man at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Ahhhh.....I finally found it ..the thread I was looking for in my last post about women being labeled Whores.

It is in the thread here on Relationships titled "women who have more money than men".

The statement is by a poster named Flyboy 211. I first read about this in that post but couldnt quite put my finger on the context I wanted to post. Hence the post two before this one.

Anyway..that was my thinking on the subject of women being labeled whores. It is often more visciously and cruel manner applied by other women than men. And yes it is about control.Thanks, Orangetom

Hi Orangetom...I actually just went and read Flyboys response to my thread and didn't see any ref to women being whores. What is it you are actually saying?
Women with more money than men are whores? I can't see why you have linked whore with my thread? so if you don't mind...perhaps you can elaborate....?
thank you

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks for your post.

Yeah I had problems finding it again too after the first time I read it. I had thought it was someone else posting it.

It is flyboy211's second post down the page.

I first read it but couldnt put my finger on exactly what it was that I couldnt lock in about it.

I posted it here so as to bump this thread back up on the boards.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
thanks

yes found it and now see your reference...I read it several times and just didnt see it!

I missed that bit...what I feel he is saying is that there are double standards...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
yes I understood what he was saying. I am adding to what he said after thinking on it a bit.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

..........Any woman who says that she doesn't care about money is lying or has so much baggage or ugly that she has to settle.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, she is not concerned about money b/c she has a very good job that pays her quite well?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
woman in general look for a guy that can offer security, security involves money,
no security no money, no money=problems, arguments, then in the end divorce.
It's just the way it is, to put it this way, some one not as cute will stay with you because she has no options, no where to pick from because no one will get involved with her,if she looked diffrent she would have a choice , but becaue she has no choice she just picks who ever comes up.
As a man I got to be atracted to a woman, if there is no atration there is no sence,if there isnt at least 1 thing that will draw me close to her than what is the point?
woman on the other hand dont put accent on this, they want a powerful man, powerful meaning he has $$$ lots of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I won't deny that there are some women out there who think of nothing but money, power, and looks when they are thinking of men. But really, those aren't the women a guy should want to be involved with anyway. When my husband and I first started dating, he was broke, sleeping on his grandma's couch, and didn't have a job. I thought he was really good-looking, but that wasn't the reason I started dating him.

The reason I was drawn to him was not because of money, power, or his looks. It was because he made me laugh, I thought he was the sweetest, nicest guy I'd ever met. I can't even remember the number of times we've had to move because we couldn't afford the rent. But now we are doing pretty well and own our house. My point is, not all women are as materialistic as some of you seem to think. There are plenty of women who think about things besides money and power when sizing up a potential mate.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
woman in general look for a guy that can offer security, security involves money,
no security no money, no money=problems, arguments, then in the end divorce.
It's just the way it is, to put it this way, some one not as cute will stay with you because she has no options, no where to pick from because no one will get involved with her,if she looked diffrent she would have a choice , but becaue she has no choice she just picks who ever comes up.

I hope, for your sake, that someday you meet a woman who actually has a self esteem, is "worthwhile", and not just concerned with the superficial.

Cuz, "money can't buy you love".

Sing it with me!

"Can't buy me looooooooooove"

[edit on 7/14/06 by redmage]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join