It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unofficial Gomery Report Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ah its near the release, can you feel it?

*crickets*

Yeah I know its boring to some, but its a big issue for us canoe paddling curling canadians.

The release of Justice John Gomery's report into the sponsorship scandal is about to rekindle the rancorous debate over the millions of federal dollars that flowed to Liberal-friendly ad agencies under the guise of fighting Quebec separatism.

There's no question the Gomery inquiry has already changed the political climate in the capital. It's less clear what can be done to mend the broken public trust in public institutions.

The recommendations range from throwing Prime Minister Paul Martin's government out of office, to throwing the evil-doers in jail, to reforming the arcane rules of ministerial and bureaucratic accountability.

The whole issue has been a blast to watch, its just funny really. Pure corruption.

Gomery has no power to find criminal liability, but one person - former ad executive Paul Coffin - has already been convicted of defrauding the government of $1.5 million.

Here is the schedule for things to come:

www.gomery.ca...

November 1st is gonna be a great day for Canadian media. Will Martin hold his word?

www.gomery.ca... for updates.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Crickets? Yeah probably. There might be a few posts on here

My comments on the Gomery inquiry?
Regardless of how this all ends, nothing will be different.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Regardless of how this all ends, nothing will be different.

That's pretty much my thinking, but I want to see some heads roll. I like finding out what kind of stuff they wasted the cash on.

Hocket tickets etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The report is out !

Full Report

Gomery inquiry blames Chretien, clears Martin
news.yahoo.com...

Gomery blames Chrétien for sponsorship flaws - Video
www.cbc.ca...

Chretien taking Gomery to court over report
Link

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Apparently the relationship between Chuck Guité and Jean Brault was so cozy that Brault bought Guité's $35,000 Mustang and used taxpayers' money to buy $1,150 Pirelli tires

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It really warms your heart doesnt it?

Oh well, these people will get what they deserve in the end.

top topics

join