It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connection to sleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
could psionic abilities be connected with the state of mind your in just as your about to doze off?

(stop me if this has already been covered)

i know psionic abilities start getting active for me at that point where your just about to fall asleep. for example, i was in the car with my mom and my sister and was just about to doze off and all of a sudden i could hear my sisters thoughts.

really random. i guess maybe your mind opens up at that point and the information is free to flow in?

what do you think?

--Kit.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How can you be sure that you were hearing your sister's thoughts and not your own?

Here is some information about theta waves:

It is seen in connection with creativity, intuition, daydreaming, and fantasizing and is a repository for memories, emotions, sensations. Theta waves are strong during internal focus, meditation, prayer, and spiritual awareness. It reflects the state between wakefulness and sleep. Relates to subconscious.

Zip

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i cant be sure. all i know is that it was my sisters voice and it wasnt what i was thinking about at the time.

[edit] not to mention i heard it in my head. theres a difference.

--Kit.

[edit on 30/10/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
From experience with trying to get caught in between sleep and awake on purpose, I can say that some pretty weird stuff can happen right as you are drifting off to sleep, but I'm not sure if psychic powers have anything to do with it. There does seem to be a point where wakefulness and sleep kind of mix, and you might think you are fully awake but hear and see things that aren't really there.

You say you were in the car with your mom and sister. Are you sure you didn't just hear your sister start talking to your mom, in a verbal and not-out-of-the-ordinary way?

Even if there is a bit of 'psychic awakening' just as you go to sleep, it's not very practical for actually using such things. You don't want to have to fall asleep every time you want to use them

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I agree with the things that Yarcofin said but i also think that it just might be possible that when your about to fall asleep your psionic powers 'awaken' because that would be the time when your body was most relaxed because your about to doze off. But also Yarcofin said "Even if there is a bit of 'psychic awakening' just as you go to sleep, it's not very practical for actually using such things. You don't want to have to fall asleep every time you want to use them
." and i would supposed that its possible to achieve this state of relaxation conciously without falling asleep; like a form of meditation.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Something similar has happened to me many times. Right at the point of dozing off, I'll hear all sorts of random phrases that are spoke by people that I know, but may not have seen or even thought about for a long time. As soon as someone finishes saying something, someone else says something out of the blue. Usually none of it makes any sense.

I always just assumed that it was my mind playing tricks on me as I enter the state of half-awake and half-asleep. I never considered that I was reading people's thoughts. I suppose if I could read people's minds, that would be how is sounds, but I think it's just the sub-conscious mind coming into action before your conscious mind is completely asleep. Or maybe it's the first stages of insanity

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yarcofin, im fairly certain that wasnt the case because right after i asked her is she had said anything, she said no.

i think syberwolff's probably got it, but i wanted to know what you guys thought about the idea, not my experience.

new topics

top topics

join