It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Diwali!! On November the 1st

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
www3.kumc.edu...

Have you all have any Hindu friends who invited you all over? just imagine all those Lights , Oh Boy! and all those food!
What you all think about this festival? Is it a demonic festival as portrayed by Christians, or otherwise? BTW it falls on all saint's day this year..

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
*scratches head*

Whats the conspiracy here???

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Oh yes -- Diwali!!

I have coworkers who are Hindi and who invited me over... but they live about 70 miles away and it's too far for a weekend night.

Darn.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I never said it was really a conspiracy... Just that most christians especially the fundamentalists believe that it's a devilish holiday... Paticularly as it falls on the and around the same time of Halloween, as well as the fact of the polytheism (i am not sure I am using the right term) as oppose to the monothesim of Christianity..

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'd say that thats wildly inaccurate, most christians don't consider diwali to be the work of the devil. Infact, to tell the truth, this is the first time I've ever heard it refered to as such, tho I agree that its probably lambasted by fundamentalists (the ones that are even aware of it).
A luciferian connection would be easy and obvious enough for them to establish, since its the Festival of Lights

Of course, hannukah is a light festival, and the ancient inhabitants of india are thought by some to have spoken a language related to the elamo-semetic languages (if anything can be supported anyway), so perhaps this represents a cultural connection, and diwali should be no more considered the work of the devil by them than hannukah.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I fully agree with you on that.. But it's not that the festival of lights i, that the fundamentalists have been complaining about, but the fact that Monotheism is not interwoven into hinduisim. That's what they have been preaching down our throats for ages... That's what the missionaries are in india, doing.. Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Fundamentalist Christians think everything but their particular sect is from 'da debil. From that perspective, of course anything Hindu is automatically a trick of satan.

Silly fundies. They seem to think 'da debil is more powerful than god. God has only their teensy sect, and satan has everyone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm so true.. But you know what, I am going to forget all about that for the time being and go and join my brothers and sisters in their celebrations. oh, by the way they will do the same when kwaanza, and christmas and the new Year roll over.. anyway Shek Diwali to all ATS memebers!

top topics

join