It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain Your Current Avatar!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A becon to serve as a warning and a place of safty.

I always like what a light house represented.

I made it from a picture easly found from google and created using image ready and photo shop.

The light house is found in Pemaquid Pt., Maine.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Mine symbolizes my never-ending quest to prove the existence of aliens, and investigate all types of paranormal activity.

Oh, and nice job Gameset.

[edit on 11/1/2005 by JBurns]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dr. Robotnik, the greatest stereotypical German mad scientist villian of them all

World conquest, robot armies, and one really annoying hedgehog....

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I use my avatars to depict my inner self. As you can see, with my current avatar. lol.

Take Care,
J

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
this one is a drawing of a great film: 'fear and loathing in las vegas'. i also have one from 'ninja scroll', and used to have some buckley ones as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
the naval air traffic rating badge worn on dress uniforms. ex-navy, now FAA controller....what can i say, i love my job!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
umm.... my car is yellow?

bananas are yellow?

dancing bananas are funny?

I dunno... I just thought it was a funny one...

[edit on 4-11-2005 by Shaker]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"Dr_strangecaft" is a blending of "Dr Strangelove," a mad ex-nazi scientist in the epynomous movie by Stanley Kubrik, and H. P. Lovecraft, the writer of horror fiction in cheap pulp magazines of the 1920's.

I think my current descriptors say something like "solver of the 47th" which is a reference to the 47th problem of Euclid.

The next descriptor says "sacrificer of hecatombs." A reference to a mathematician and bricklayer in ancient Sicily who solved Euclid's 47. A hecatomb is a sacrifice of 100 head of oxen, symbolic of having achieved illumination among craftsmen.

The picture is of Jeff Bridges as "The Dude," in the cult classic film "The Big Lebowski," a modern mystery in the vein of Dashiel Hammett or Raymond Chandler.

The Dude is like the ultimate slacker. No job, but plenty of cash and at the center of a hurricane. He is portrayed as he prepares to self-medicate with a "caucasian," a White Russian, being
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3/4 oz Kahlua
- 3/4 oz Light Cream or Milk

The Duder drinks his as I take mine, over ice.

Incedentally, "White Russian" was the English expression for Loyalists to the Czarist Regime after the imposition of Communism in Russia. But that's not why I drink them.

I drink them because they contain alcohol, coffee, milk and ice. The four elements of which all other forms of matter are composed.

:w:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am always getting into trouble for calling people "dude".

My avatar is a picture I drew from a fantasy setting I am forever working on.

They are called the Nagathi. The theme behind the design of this race was that they are ancient learned immortals who maintain balance between realms, eternals watchers and keepers of the continium...so to speak.

...yes they look like Nos.

Their dominion has remained neutral toward mortals but things can change

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I've created a few fantasy settings as well. My mind still goes there when I'm stuck in staff meetings, airports, etc.

Of course, I was messing with RPGs back when we used hardware called dice.

I still play with conglangs, that is, constructed languages. I just can't help it. Stuff pops into my head: "what if there was an Indo-European-looking language that used aglutination to show tense . . . ?"

I stayed up till 3 am looking at recent research on the voynich manuscript.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
this one is a drawing of a great film: 'fear and loathing in las vegas'. i also have one from 'ninja scroll', and used to have some buckley ones as well.

LoL...I use to have a drawing of this on my wall at my parents house it was from a different angel though. I love that movie.

Ohh yeah my avatar is Eddie from Iron Maiden and Morbid Angel cover art merged.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by Killak420]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ahhh Eddie.....cant begin to think how many times I've drawn him in the last 20 years. Great music too.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have it because thats what I think is the important issue of America right now.

Not Karl Rove in and of it'self but the underlying current that reaks of corruption, scandal, lies, and an unamerican presidential cabinet.

Karl Rove will never get the hammer, but if he did, this is what it would look like, and I would drink all day to that by my fire, while I pee on a picture of him and this current admin everytime the beer gets to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My avatar is a bunch of zombies in the original 'Dawn of the Dead'. It's a great picture from a great movie.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Dang, TL......I thought that was real!

Mine is a portrait of a dear old friend, long departed ........the original is an 18"x24" drawing that I did several years ago. I'm planning to rotate a different one in there soon, so I will post a copy of him here as well.

( I'm too lazy to create a web page for my art, so this is my 'gallery'. Sigh.... )

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Dang, TL......I thought that was real!
Mine is a portrait of a dear old friend, long departed ........

I'm so sorry to hear about your buddy. I know how much people and horses can grow a bond. They are very social animals and can make great companions.
I'm sure he/she is watching over you... Animals have spirits too.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Perhaps people should post their avatar in the post that they are explaining it in, since avatars change often.

I go through a number of my avatars here, for anyone interested:

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Incedentally, "White Russian" was the English expression for Loyalists to the Czarist Regime after the imposition of Communism in Russia. But that's not why I drink them.

Strangely tho in the movie they refer to them as Caucasians, I've never seen that usage outside of the film, or buffs of the film.

A good variation that I have found is to use vanilla vodka.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Mine is a painting by Salvador Dali, who is one of my favourite artists. This particular piece just has an epic feel to it, and Im also a sucker for symetry and sharp perspective.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
my name stems from the show "Home Movies" on adult swim. McGuirk is the alcoholic soccer coach for the 8 yr olds, and he is constantly trying to come up with ways to make money quick, giving the characters horrible advice, and generally just being hilarious...

my avatar is from the show Aqua Teen Hunger Force, another on the lineup of Adult Swim.. this particular picture is of Shake(the most hilarious cartoon character ever) and the Mooninites - Ur and Ignignokt. They come from the moon and cause destruction and general hilariousness.

shake: "no frylock, the Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time."

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I made it, Logan's Canadian. Amazing for a tech dinosaur.

BTW, how do you turn the computer off?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join