It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official BTS Job - Occupation Survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I've searched high and I've searched low and found NO BTS Job - Occupation Survey on ATS or BTS.

I think you can tell a whole lot about someone by what they do for a living. In fact if you ever meet someone, one of the first things you should ask is what they do for a living. So why not here?

So I hope some nice moderator here will sticky post this thread to the top so it gets more responses!

What will this thread accomplish?

1. If you are looking for a job or are considering changing careers, you can hear what others are saying about that job.

2. If you have always wondered what some of your favorite posters and moderators do for a living, you will have a chance to find out.

3. If you want to see who has the best or worst job on here, you may also find that out here.

* The only rule is that you please don't say what City you work in. You can say the company name, job title, and the country or state you are in, but please avoid saying the City. I set this rule incase someone asks you what City you are in, you can then say the rule above says not to say.
Since I know that you don't want people coming to your job! That would create more work!

So please check out the survey below and answer what you can. You can either say what you really do, or make something cool up. We'll never know the difference either way.

========================================

Company/Industry:
Job Title:
Estimated Pay:
Job Description:

What It Takes To Get The Job:

Future Outlook:
Would You Recommend This Job:
What Is Your Dream Job:
Worst Job You've Had:

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is what I currently do:

==============================
Company/Industry: Banking
Job Title: Financial Planner
Time At Job: A Month (came from brokerage side)
Estimated Pay: $25k base + commission

Job Description:
Help clients with loans, retirement/investment products, and general banking products and services.

What It Takes To Get The Job:
NASD Series 6 & 63 or NASD Series 7 & 66 licenses plus state Life & Health licenses. Some prior Finance experience, sales experience a plus. NASD Licenses and proven industry experience are more important than a degree. A degree is a plus though.

Training is very long on the banking side. The average training programs run from 3 months to 6 months before you can start. There tends to be at least a 1 year contract. You are required to learn everything to be well balanced incase the bank needs your help somewhere.

Future Outlook: Saturated market, poor numbers across the board, if you do well you will definitely stand out and qualify for promotions. (Sales Manager).
Would You Recommend This Job: Yes (although banks have few products)
What Is Your Dream Job: Movie Director
Worst Job You've Had: Long John Silvers Cook (everything is deep fried! = splashing hot oil)

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Company/Industry: Witchcraft Inc.
Job Title: Wizard/ Office Clerk
Time At Job: 18:13 GMT
Estimated Pay: When is my pay not estimated
Job Description: 3rd Level Wizard of Shoe Tying (recently promoted from velcro duties) Currently training in sandle craft and master my magic missles

What It Takes To Get The Job: Pointy hat, white beard (wand optional)

Future Outlook: Bleak
Would You Recommend This Job: Only for the Beardy Wierdies
What Is Your Dream Job: The guy who puts the seeds on sesame seed buns - I want his job.

new topics

join