It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, this is a calling all cars emergency.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here we go, folks, the time has come. My communication Arts professor has just thrown a child in the lion's pen. He has assigned us a 15 minute oratory on any subject we please. This is your resident god of mischeif calling all links not otherwise tied up for this, the most excellent of personal projects. It's time to make believers out of my entire class of 40 something. My chosen topic Extraterrestrial Life: Tantalizing Myth, or Terrifying Fact? Let the fun begin, people. any and all useful links appreciated. You all know we could use about 40 more believers out there. I'm sure ATS would get some new members too (I'm citing this website as a major source.) I've got all weekend to sit around in my boxers and research, so LETS DO THIS LIKE BRUTUS!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
First of all in giving this report to your class I would avoid speaking to them from a chosen platform or as if your belief should also be their belief. Your stance will most likely be gathered by those who pay attention to your presentation anyway and will also keep the hard core non-believers & debunkers from putting up the defenses too early. Let them make their own choices by exposing them to some information they probably haven't ever seen. That's just my opinion though.....

Links:
Disclosure from Military and Civilian Persons.
www.disclosureproject.org...

Information of Various Topics, this is the UFO part.
www.thetruthseekers.com...

Whole bunch of stuff....
ufoarea.bravepages.com...

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Make a convincing argument that the earth is flat.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'll go ahead and give it my best shot, but....I dunno...I have some fairly ardent people who have brain stems in my class. Dunno if they'll go for the flat world thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It would be unique and funny.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well,
Research is the real strength in any argument. Read what you can about the history of UFOs/aliens. Don't just rely on websites without references.

But... I have a problem with the "terrifying fact" clause. If you use it, you will be loading an extra argument into your presentation. Instead of just having to examine whether or not aliens are real, you will also have to show, if they are real, that they are indeed 'terrifying'. Your presentation will become bogged down with moral judgments that your classmates might not automatically concede to you.

Look at it this way... The best books/movies about aliens have avoided treating them as either space monsters or angels. that's because, when you do either, you are loading your own cultural precepts onto a phenomena which isn't fully understood.

My advice: Stick with the 'classic' sightings and (if you have to argue a point) aim only at trying to show that aliens are real (or not real/not visiting). You can maybe spice up the Q&A period with questions about alien motives, but if you go into convoluted ATS type theories as to what aliens are actually up to you will get stuck in the mud.

Look into:

The Washington Sightings/Overflights from 1952
The RB-57 incident
The Cash-Landrum incident (from 1980, I believe, though this was probably a military thing)
The Lubbock lights
The Iran F-4 Ufo chase form the 70s
The F-106/SAC chases from the 70s.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not asking you to do my project for me, I'm asking for a guide to the meatiest sites online, so I can research and assemble my speech. That's all.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would be very careful in what I picked to show as evidence. The slightest doubt will kill your argument. Even with good evidence, it will be hard to convince everyone.

For evidence, try the 1980 Rendlesham incident. Nobody denies it having taken place. The very weak debunking is that the men who sighted the strange event were seeing a light house. Regardless of them being trained aircraft spotters that could easily tell the difference between a stationary light house and moving lights and objects. The released documents of this case which are basically as much as anybody can get regarding evidence are here:

Rendlesham documents
Note that they are in PDF format.

There is also the Wilbert Smith memo from a Canadian project that bluntly states that "flying saucers exist". Its a Canadian resource, so people may not accept it as fact.

(another PDF)

I suggest NOT to use anything related to Majestic-12 or Roswell. There is some evidence to back these things up, like the Roswell memo deciphering at www.roswellproof.com..., but its nothing "official", so nobody will accept it. Majestic-12 has been the subject of intense scrutiny, and while some early documents could be real, the false documents bring it all into question.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
May I just say that I am very impressed with the material that has been displayed in this post. A poster has asked for help and it has been comprehensivly given. Apart from fury but we all love him in our own little way *snicker*..

Keep up the good work. The links have me fascinated and intrigued. I will post some personal points regarding the information when I get through.

Chris

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks for all the help, guys. This speech is gonna rock..

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When I get to the part about Abductions in the name of research, I'll bring up the case of good old Betty and Barney hill, as their account seems the most genuine I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ephesians 6 verse 12 aliens are fallen angels.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Arrrgh me hearties looks like we be having a rogue Chris here as well as OzChris. I hope these swashbucklers don't get mistaken, ....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Of all the sites I've been on I'd say the one with the most meat (true or disinfo) is teegeeack.com...

But, to hammer this home I would have to print out some UFO maps from www.larryhatch.net... Just check out all the little dots here www.larryhatch.net... (assuming you are in the US - look at NY!
)

Or you could try your hand at "4000 UFO & Paranormal Links" here...
www.startinglinks.net...

You might also want to site some crop circles. I mean if people still believe you can make these with string and boards well... Here are a slew of CC pictures.
home.clara.net...

But if you go the crop circle route you would most definitely want to start out with the bent and twisted nodes. This cannot be done with string and boards as that tactic breaks the stalks.
www.cropcirclenews.com...
It's difficult to find good pictures of the bent and twisted nodes but some of the best are the actual 3d effects of overlaying and intertwining the plants. Some of these pics can be found at www.temporarytemples.co.uk... (click under "Inside Crop Circles" for additonal years)

For a buttload of links on CCs...
www.mysteries-megasite.com... (be sure to click all 6)

And up one on the same site is a buttload of links to a buttload of links about a buttload of topics.
www.mysteries-megasite.com...

Anyway, good luck on the report and good luck on trying to make the average college student a believer. That's some task you've set up for yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Loki,

how about taking the following approach:

debunking: there is little if any proof.

case for: there is proof but often ignored or misunderstood and there is no way to DISPROVE the existance of UFO's.

I think if you take this approach most of the audience will end up siding with you.

good luck, it takes a brave man or woman to stand up for what they believe in.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
want to do alot, but I'm thinking that If I let this go to it's eventual conclusion, I'm going to take more than 15 minutes. I really wanna pump them full of info, but make it in under 15 mins.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Be sure to make it interesting, bro.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   

top topics

join