It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patrick Fitzgerald.."apolitical"...or is he?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Gosh, I can't get over this, really.
I just have to throw the BS flag on this play. I just can't see any country having a law study that allows 19 year olds to lawyers; really! Especially not a country that still uses powdered wigs from time to time.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Believe what you want then T.C.

But it is possible to do an LLB in two years, if you go to the right University. Seehere for an example. You attend College from 16 to 18 in the United Kingdom although it is possible to get in earlier. See here

If you do a certain course you can practice law from 17, I do believe, although I am not 100% sure as I didn't go that route. See here.

Through ILEX, if you fast track your A-levels, you can qualify as a 'Lawyer' fully by 19. [Well a legal exect, slightly different.]

You can fast track, so you get your As/A-Levels done in one year, if you study in both day and evening classes. So that by 17 you qualify to Univeristy [if you get the grades], you are then able to get an LLB by 19 and then select which path you go down. [Law Society or Bar Council, if you get the grades.] Both of which can be [roughly] finished in a year.

It is common place, to find lawyers who are in their early 20's in the United Kingdom, however the ones that you often see on T.V. are not your average lawyer but rather a Q.C. [Queen's Council.]

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Odium]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I shall always believe what I want. I am a human.

However, it would appear that I will have to pick the BS flag up and place it back in my pocket.

Hey, Odium, what do you get when you cross a pit bull with a lawyer?

A dog that can't tell the truth!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What's the difference between a dead lawyer and a dead snake in the road?

There are skid marks in front of the snake!

I don't really have much to add outside of that.......

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
OK, now that the lawyers are dead... Let's get back to Patrick Fitzgerald.."apolitical"...or is he?

Shakespeare Monkeys, not just for "first kill all" anymore...

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yessir.

Everyone straighten up; the monkey is here.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is one for you T.C:

A lawyer was driving his big BMW down the highway, singing to himself, "I love my BMW, I love my BMW." Focusing on his car, not his driving, he smashed into a tree. He miraculously survived, but his car was totaled. "My BMW! My BMW!" he sobbed.

A good Samaritan drove by and cried out, "Sir, sir, you're bleeding! And my god, your left arm is gone!"

The lawyer, horrified, screamed "My Rolex! My Rolex!"

I'll let it get back on topic now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join