It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truce? Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It looks as if cooler, calmer heads just might prevail after all.

Both Israels and Palestinian leaders declared a one week halt to fighting.

"Palestinian Interior Ministry officials said Sunday the militants had agreed to halt the rocket fire."

here is the article:

news.yahoo.com...

"Nabil Abu Rdeneh, a top adviser to Abbas, said Israel and the Palestinians agreed to stop the latest hostilities "after U.S. intervention".-Yes, the Evil Devil himself is working for peace, go figure

"Both sides have agreed to stop attacks," he said. "What is required now is to preserve the truce and calm, and every (Palestinian) party should adhere to the political and national positions ... and create an atmosphere that allows working in a way that serves the Palestinian people."

I am hopping this will lead to longer and longer calm and then a true peace.
Everyone, pray to your version of God that this one holds.

*edited for spelling-Gee who would have ever guessed that one
-

[edit on 10/30/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hmm, ive heard this numerous times before. But not everyone keeps to it. Certain groups like to break the peace now and again. Lets hope all parties stick to their word

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hope is all we have.

Israel and Palestein's running conflict in my eyes will never be settled. Neither side wants to end the conflict, and neither side will back down.

These peace treatys are just put in to look nice.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Hope is all we have.

Israel and Palestein's running conflict in my eyes will never be settled. Neither side wants to end the conflict, and neither side will back down.

These peace treatys are just put in to look nice.

I fear you are correct.
\Remember, hope runs eternal.
I see it did not hold as Israel has made at least 2 incusrsions killing palastinian terrorists. Where as I admit, I don't mind see terrorists "get it" the tempoary truce was supposed to stop the "tit for tat" killings.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I fear you are correct.
\Remember, hope runs eternal.
I see it did not hold as Israel has made at least 2 incusrsions killing palastinian terrorists. Where as I admit, I don't mind see terrorists "get it" the tempoary truce was supposed to stop the "tit for tat" killings.

When you say you don't mine seeing terrorist "get it", do you understand that we, the west are seen as the terrorists in their eyes. Jews are seen as terrorists in Muslim's eyes and visa-versa. There is no such thing as tit for tat killings in that region, every person killed is killed for a cause, the cause being God and their religion.

Mod edit: quote formatting

[edit on 3-11-2005 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

join