It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 million more hungry people in the US, and the Gov't wants to let them starve?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
"The $574 million reduction in food stamp spending would affect families who receive food stamps because they receive other non-cash government assistance. The change is estimated to shut up to 300,000 people out of the program.

The restriction also could take free meals away from an estimated 40,000 school children, because children in many states are automatically eligible for school meals when they get food stamps, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

news.yahoo.com...

didn't think that was what they were saying. let's see, children who are already automatically eligible for these programs because they have been found to be eligible for other programs with similar income guidelines will now have to go through the hassle of filling out each individual form and someone will have to review each form and determine they are eligible. I believe they are wanting to undo something that Gingrich and clinton did to "save" money!!!!

I don't mind if they spend money to feed starving kids, really I don't. I don't mind if they find ways to cut costs as long as there's not more kids starving. But, to spin a tale for appearances sake, and well, INCREASE costs while doing it is just unacceptable!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Please see a related story about government cuts for foodstamps:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

join