It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles to plead Islam's cause to Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
What is this? The hier to the British throne is coming to the U.S. to lecture us on the merits of islam? Think this is too bizarre to be true? Then read the attached article from the UK's News Telegraph.

article

Excerpt:
The Prince of Wales will try to persuade George W Bush and Americans of the merits of Islam this week because he thinks the United States has been too intolerant of the religion since September 11.

The Prince, who leaves on Tuesday for an eight-day tour of the US, has voiced private concerns over America's "confrontational" approach to Muslim countries and its failure to appreciate Islam's strengths.

To me, this "visit" by the prince raises some questions and perhaps exposes a conspiracy. Has the cash-strapped British monarchy sold out to the radical muslims by doing a "commercial" for their religion in order to help fund the royal's lavish lifestyles? Or did one of the leaders of a coalition country just wake up one day and say, "By jove, I've got to go to America and give those colonials a lesson on the charm of islam"?

To me, the money angle seems way more plausible.

[edit on 10/30/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Cash-strapped, how the hell did they figure that one out? They have more money than most of us will ever dream of having.

So whats the problem? Yes I think that some people have demonised Islam because of the actions of a few.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The British people have been complaining for a long time about having to fund the lavish lifestyles of the royals.

After the PR debacles of the prince and Diana/Camilla, plus the actions of the younger princes (e.g. the nazi stuff), if Prince Charles is doing this for money, it's a new low for the British monarchy.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yeah the British monarchy will never be strapped for cash.
They'll just ask the peasants for another pay raise like they did a few yrs ago.
The old queen herself gets just a measly pitance of 7.9 million pounds ($11.9mil) a year from the tax payer.
Suposedly to cover the expence of having servants, do you get an allowance off the state for your servants?

Prince charley is just an idiot. Maybe he really is the anti-christ as some have theorised??

www.greaterthings.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yo, Charles. So, how much would it take to have you to go to the middle east and tell them all that the U.S. isn't such a bad country after all??????

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Prince Charles has always been interested in other faiths. In fact he has already said that when he is crowned he wants to be known as 'Defender of Faiths' not just Defender of Faith.' Which in itself is an ironic title for a nominally Protestant monarchy to hold - given as it was originally given to Henry Viii by the Pope of the times (this was before the pope decided not to grant him an annulment btw)

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Expanding on my idea of asking the prince to go to the middle east and be a shill for America, I see a potential problem (for the prince).

The prince's new friends would probably kidnap him and then he would end up being the first British royalty to get be.ed in something like 400 years.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Prince Charles is a tit, he comes out with such ironic nonsence. It is easy for him to say we should all do this-or-that while he lives a privledged lifestyle and can do whatever he wants.

Personally I think we should ditch the monarchy, what entitles these people to live like they do?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hands
Prince Charles has always been interested in other faiths.
... when he is crowned he wants to be known as 'Defender of Faiths'

Yeah, right.
He's an unrepentant adulterer. He has no
idea what it means to be a person of faith so how the heck
can he defend anyone's if he doesn't even understand (or
care about) the one that he is supposedly going to be the
. of? (the King of England is the . of the church of England).

He's an arrogant, adultering, meddlesome fool.

I agree with Centurion ... after he comes to America to tell us what
to do he should go over to the middle east and tell THEM what to
do! See how far he gets.

HEY CHARLES - America got rid of the British Royals over 225 years
ago. We don't care what you think!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Good grief Charlie.. He's not happy whinging about crap British architecture or whipping up angst about the nanotech grey goo hypothesis, now's he's gonna jump on the bandwagon du jour. I mean, sure it can be said that more tolerance is called for on all sides (duh) but any ten year old kiddie could tell you that. I doubt he's being paid/is a dupe, more likely trying to drum up tourism for Britian post 7/7. Why not say what he's saying a year ago? Or two? What a tosser...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've met prince charles and he's actually quite nice, before you have a go at the royals mabye you should read up on what some of them have done.

Also, I think we need the royals for 2 reasons.

1) The queen picks the house of lords (our second line of defence)
2) She can declare peace anytime she wishes, over ruling the government.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

1) The queen picks the house of lords (our second line of defence)

So? We should get rid of them as well IMO.

2) She can declare peace anytime she wishes, over ruling the government.

Has she EVER done that? Do you think she will EVER do that?
Does that justify paying her $11.9Million a year of tax payers money?
Do you ever question ANYTHING about the powers that be?
Seems EVERY post of yours is trying to justify the presence of those oh so wonderful institutions. Hmmmmm.

So you've met him? How long for? A hand shake and a "hello how are you?"
How can you make a judgment on someones character from a simple meeting?
What's the first thing you hear from people when they find their neighbour just killed their family? "He seemed like such a nice guy"

Anyway the biggest idiots in the World can be "nice guys". And being a nice guy doesn't justify all the wealth and power they have.

Just think what we could do for people with $11.9 million annualy (and that's just the old queens pay check). Not to mention all their personal wealth, land etc.
You ever been to Northern England? They could use a little of that cash back, you know it was theirs to begin with (taxes).

[edit on 30/10/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I've met prince charles and he's actually quite nice

devilw.a.s.p., do you think you could give him a call and ask his mum to put the kaibosh on these silly terror law's in the Antipodes, i mean, it's just not cricket old chap. And seeing how all Australian laws require royal assent, it'd be a big help. Thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That explains the problem with immigration of Muslims into Britain.
The Prince doesn't see it as a problem so he obviously wont take a stand against it.

He should go speak to the victims of those riots the other day in Birmingham or the more recent riots in Paris.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
About time the Crown reminded those colonial morons what they refused, an arrogant, inbred moron who beleives his opinions carry merit through right of birth.

Should go down well with Bush, a man who must understand the pressures of being born to lead despite having the brains of a baboon.

Beyond my 'valuable' opinions of various nations national figures and state sponsered nepotism I have to say that I think that this is quite a good idea, for some reason royalty commands more respect in the US than it does in the UK. Having Charlie boy saying 'now see here what what, dont shoot too many wogs, it didnt work for us and wont work for you' really cant hurt. And he may just make someone listen, though God only knows who...

Also loving the cash strapped royals idea. When i have a £400 million art collection all to myself i hope i can be considered so poor that i need to beg that Muslim world for money. Truly conspiracy theories are far more entertaining when they dont contain lizards or UFO's.

Or better yet the idea that there is a problem with Muslims emigrating to Britain, and that this is due to good ol Charles. Our ethnic troubles at the moment are a consequence of the last two generations failing to integrate into society, not the new arrivals, and poor old Charle cant be blamed for what happened when he was about five.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Good grief Charlie.. He's not happy whinging about crap British architecture or whipping up angst about the nanotech grey goo hypothesis, now's he's gonna jump on the bandwagon du jour. I mean, sure it can be said that more tolerance is called for on all sides (duh) but any ten year old kiddie could tell you that. I doubt he's being paid/is a dupe, more likely trying to drum up tourism for Britian post 7/7. Why not say what he's saying a year ago? Or two? What a tosser...

YEs, I was about to mention that.

What does he know? He is a prince who inherits everything from the peasants due to the fact that he is simply born with some sort of higher status than others. 'Ooo, I am prince look at me'. Regarding the grey goo theories he has, does he have a degree in engineering or science? Does he even have a degree?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
does he have a degree in engineering or science?
Does he even have a degree?

Isn't it art archetecture or some such thing?
Art history? That's a good question - let's look it up!

www.princeofwales.gov.uk...

It says he has a degree ... but I can't figure out what it's in.
I think it's history of some kind -

Excerpt -

The Prince of Wales spent two terms in 1966 as an exchange student at
Timbertop, a remote outpost of the Geelong Church of England Grammar
School in Melbourne, Australia.

When he returned to Gordonstoun for his final year, The Prince of Wales
was appointed school guardian (. boy). The Prince, who had already
passed six O Levels, took his A Levels in July 1967, the first Heir to The
Throne to take such examinations. He was awarded a grade B in history
and a C in French, together with a distinction in an optional special history
paper.

The Prince went to Cambridge University in 1967 to read archaeology and
anthropology at Trinity College. He changed to history for the second part
of his degree, and in 1970 was awarded a second class degree.

[edit on 10/31/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I got two A's and a B at Alevel and was rejected by Cambridge, who expect four A grades (most people in the UK do three)

Its this sort of inequality that makes the the idea of Monarchy such a bad idea. Disgusting, he should have gone to # street poly with those grades.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hands Which in itself is an ironic title for a nominally Protestant monarchy to hold - given as it was originally given to Henry Viii by the Pope of the times (this was before the pope decided not to grant him an annulment btw)

It always makes me laugh to think that fat ginger King Henry outlawed Catholicism and created the Church of England just so he could divorce (And then be./imprison) his wives who could provide no male heir to the throne.

Back on subject, I think that our Princey McTaff should really just do something like the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme rather than ponce about on a private jet and bore people to death with his various notions.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think this is a pretty transparent attempt to get on Islams Good side so the EU can wedge itself into position once Americas economic slide is imminent. They are trying to get the jump on China Imo. I have trouble believing that Islam could have such a profound effect on both him and princess di seeing as both are from the royal house of "the lion" aka britian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join