It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the supposed Saddam is found guilty?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If, like some here are led to believe, the Saddam on trial is a lookalike, if he is found guilty and given the death sentence, what do you think would happen afterwards?
Do you think it would be too much to keep secret, or would Saddam feel the urge to come out and do a video now and again like OBL? Would the lookalike be made a martyr? Or would Saddam just keep it all quiet and slip away, never to be bothered again?

Personaly i think they would'nt make the mistake of putting the wrong Saddam on trial, they would go to great lengths to ensure its the right one with a trial of this importance.

CX.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You do realize there have been DNA tests to verify he is who they think he is, right?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
You do realize there have been DNA tests to verify he is who they think he is, right?

I don't think even than we can't be sure that the DNA tests isn't rigged by the CIA or whoever. Unless of course, they make a live show via satellite the process of them doing it and coming out with the results right in front of the camera.

Saddam has like, what, eight look-alikes?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

With all the lying and fabrications that have been going on, you still believe the US goverment??

CX

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Lol if you want my honest opinion, the fact they they tell us they've done DNA testing to prove its him does little to reasure me. Listening to the government is like listening to my kids at times......as i say to them, if you lie too many times then people won't believe you when you tell the truth! My kids are 6 and 7 though

CX.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm famous around here for my contempt for certain people in high office
, that being said, i do beleive it IS Saddam and he will be HUNG where his very monument stood.
Of course, this will be for "shock and awe"

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Does anyone really believe that the US government would risk putting a fake Saddam on trial, only to have the real Saddam ultimately come forward and make them look like fools to the Iraqi people and the entire world? I sincerely doubt it myself. I also believe that no matter how realistic-looking Saddam's body doubles may have been, surely the millions of Iraqis know what their leader looks and sounds like. Surely even voice analysis has been done comparing known Saddam speeches with his spoken words in court and/or captivity.

And I challenge you all to find someone who is willing to be a body double for a dictator at his trials, be held for years in solitary confinement, and ultimately executed. Where's the payoff there??? And what of the former regime figures, such as Tariq Aziz, who were all paraded past Saddam and saw him in person. Surely they know if that is the real Saddam or not. Surely Aziz of all people, who is in poor health and is cooperating with the Iraqi government and coalition authorities, would have told them that they have the wrong guy. Surely the DNA from his two deceased sons Uday and Qusay would not match up to that of their father's body double- unless of course the body double was pretending to be Saddam years ago and giving it good to the First Lady of Iraq!!!!

new topics

top topics

join