It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye Mama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Winter Flu Jab is a lethal killer.

Elderly population is getting too large and is becoming a burden on the state.

Every year THEY are getting rid of most of the old timers who are over 70.

Thousands die every winter.

Have you guys seen the movie: Logan's Run (1976).

Watch it again after reading this:

Flu jab may be fatal to some pensioners

By Beezy Marsh, Health Correspondent - Telegraph 29/10/2005

Winter flu jabs are being linked to an increased risk of life-threatening illness among the elderly.
Dozens of pensioners taking Warfarin to ward off strokes have suffered internal bleeding after flu jabs, leading to fears of potentially fatal interactions between the vaccine and blood-thinning medication.
A Government committee has investigated safety fears over the winter flu vaccine and the clot-busting drug after a cluster of adverse reactions were reported by general practitioners.
Six pensioners at the same surgery were reported to have suffered internal bleeding after having the jab, leading to an inquiry by the Government's Committee on Safety of Medicines

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/10/30/nflu30.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/10/30/ixnewstop.html

------

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

Flu jab may be fatal to some pensioners

So might the flu.

Surely this should be on the medical board?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think it is a fatal weapon designed to wipe out old people, and so I put it in this thread.

Flu itself is not too dangerous. In fact, I heard one doctor say that naturally occurring flu is good good for you. It cleans your inside and also it makes you stronger.

don't know how true that is.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Flu itself is not too dangerous. In fact, I heard one doctor say that naturally occurring flu is good good for you. It cleans your inside and also it makes you stronger.

Influenza will happily kill old people. OK, it's not that bad for a fit young person, but for anyone who is immunosuppressed (e.g. HIV/AIDS sufferers)or has a naturally low immunity (e.g. the very young or old), it is potentially fatal. Thousands die from it every year.

As for stating that it can actually be good for you, I think that this doctor needs to review his practice.

BTW, This may be coming from a thick infantryman, but this thick infantryman has a nursing honours degree.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
it's not that bad for a fit young person, but for anyone who is immunosuppressed (e.g. HIV/AIDS sufferers)or has a naturally low immunity

There you go.

Millions of people around the world whose immune system is delibrately suppressed every year.

That should give you a clue as to why they die in their thousands in US and in Britain.

Remember that this DID NOT use to happen before the 20th century.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

There you go. thousand of people whose immune system is delibrately suppressed every year.

That should give you a clue as to why they die in their thousands.

Remember that this DID NOT use to happen before the 20th century.

Hate to break it to you mate, but flu killed 70 million people during one outbreak in central Europe in the 19th century. That's more than all of the people killed in WWI.

Old peoples immune system is reduced naturally due to the ageing process. This is a recent problem due to the fact that people are now living longer, thanks in no small way to vaccination (among other things). Vaccines increase the immune system.

HIV & AIDS kill you by reducing the immunity of the individual, thereby making them more succeptable to 'simple' viruses and infections.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
QUOTE " Millions of people around the world whose immune system is delibrately suppressed every year. "

where in blue blazes do you get " DELIBERATLY" ???????????

i dunno what flu pandemics there were prior to the 20th century

but the biggest pandemic in the UK i am aware of in the 19th cent was the 1849 cholora

PS - are you seriously claiming that the western allies started the 1918 flu pandemic delibertatly ?????????????

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Cheers Ape. I think this bloke needs to visit his local GP for a review of his current medication.

Probably shouldn't go to the one who told him that flu is good for you though.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
They suppress the immune system from the day you are born.

If you didnt know this you must have just arrived from the Gamma Nebula.

Welcome to Earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
ah , i see , its the ubiqitous and omnipotent " them " - i should have known

i thought paddy was being a sarcastic twat - now i realise he had you pegged - please take his advice

applogies for doubting you paddy

have you actually reviewed ANY medical data for public healtg in the last 150 years

a few highlights :

mean life expectancy has risen steadily

both incidence and mortality rates of all pathogen desieses has fallen

this is why " new desieses " like diabetes prostate cancers etc etc are now considered prevalant

it seems to me that " they " are not doing a very good job

would you like the west to return to 19 century rates of infant and child mortality ?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Cheers ape. I don't really do sarcasm when it comes to medicine or warfare (well, maybe just a bit). Both are subjects that are very close to my heart.

I can see where Mr C. is going wrong. Many diseases have increased, and this looks bad if you only look at the disease mortality rates. However, for these to be accurate, they must be placed alongside other stats, eg. lifespan trends, lifestyle trends, local and widespread immunisation stats etc.

Mr C should use this as a lesson into the dangers of looking at single pieces of information in isolation, and not looking at the big picture.

That is what seperates real researchers from amatures.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sorry, mr conspiracy, I'm going with PaddyInf on this one.

Although current medical science sometimes misses a fatal interaction of medications, the medical community polices itself very well. They do notice errors, and will fix it.

Suppress the immune system the day you were born? Better check what the mother's diet was. Also realize that current medical beliefs, are that children that are exposed to the environment in their early years, are healthier in later years. Basically, kids that play outside in the dirt, are healthier. Right now asthma is considered a result of sheltering growing children inside, in nice clean environments. In middle years of life, exposure makes little difference. But in later years of live, exposure to infection has to be avoided.

At least for children, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".

I agree that a weak flu makes your immune system stronger. Just like any other common illness. Besides, that is exactly what a vaccine is. Serious outbreaks of influensa, are of virulent strains that cause death rapidly, not the common flu or cold. Like anything else, there's exceptions to the rules. The Influenza of 1918, was particularly good at killing young people in the 20 to 25 age bracket. The ones that should have been the strongest.

Records of older epidemics aren't very good. Even ones from the last century. What matters in our time, is that the methods of transmisson are different with modern aviation transportation leaping all around the world. Doesn't matter with "bird flu" though, ducks and geese have their own aviation transportation.

Another factor often ignored, is that the slight rise in global ambient temperatures, does result in an increase in disease throughout the world. A typical example is the observed increase in malaria.

Some diseases will not go away. Cholera and bubonic plague still exist. Cholera is usually not an issue with chlorine in our water supply. We no longer drink out of the river. Bubonic plague outbreaks are watched for carefully, and defeated as soon as they are recognized. The last ones I've heard of in the USA were in Houston, Texas and New York City.

And somehow I suspect, that if there was a medical conspiracy to harm people, it wouldn't be of just a few elderly patients. It would be massive, unstoppable, and untracable. We would be unable to do anything about it.

As with any other "high tech" technology, medical science is approaching the unfathomable, making it another candidate for the realm of "magic" among the population.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Flu jab?

Means flu shot or injection?

Perhaps shorthand or slang in other countries for an injection?

Lost and wondering....

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mr. Conspiracy, I think you failed to notice the sentence in your reported story that says there may be problems with people who take flu shots and are on blood thinning medicine called Wafarin. Elderly on other meds aren't affected... so this makes it a pretty ineffective method of "killing off old people."

And you can directly compare the deaths if you like, using the epidemics that occurred BEFORE we had flu shots. These records go back 2,500 years, to about 400 BC.

There were a number of flu outbreaks that were as widespread as the pandemic of 1918 -- compare the number of deaths during those outbreaks (long before the flu shot) with the number today:
home.swipnet.se...

The earliest written account of the flu was in 412 BC -- 2,500 years ago: www.bignell.uk.com...

This site also has other large outbreaks listed, including the 1540 flu that killed many people.

top topics

join