It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANYONE?? Winter Weather forecast for central United states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hey everyone!

i was wondering if any members have heard any news concerning this years winter weather forcast for the central united states...particularly Illinois.
considering all the bad whether the USA has had this year, and everywhere else around the world for that matter, im curious as to how the meteorologists are predicting this years winter for my area.
ive googled it and all i can find is stuff about the farmers almanac.
It would seem, just because of the intensity of things thus far, that winter would be just as bad, but im basing this purely on or sucky luck this year lol.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks!!
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The NOAA long range forcast for the midwest is predicting above normal
temperatures and normal precipitation this winter.

I don't have the link but you should be able to find it at NOAA.GOV.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
from what i have heard it is supposed to be as posted above, higher than average temperatures with normal precipitation, except with the higher than average temperatures, the snowfall would instead be rainfall.

also, i have noticed that the start of winter has been pushed back further and further. i have lived in northwest ohio my whole life, and i've noticed that the real onset of winter has now been really pushed back to late december as opposed to mid-late november as it was when i was young.
i mean hell last year we didnt even get any snow until christmas day.

from what i've heard snowfall this year will be minimal and most of it will not even stick.

i havent actually researched any of this, its based purely on personal observation.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
from what i have heard it is supposed to be as posted above, higher than average temperatures with normal precipitation, except with the higher than average temperatures, the snowfall would instead be rainfall.

also, i have noticed that the start of winter has been pushed back further and further. i have lived in northwest ohio my whole life, and i've noticed that the real onset of winter has now been really pushed back to late december as opposed to mid-late november as it was when i was young.
i mean hell last year we didnt even get any snow until christmas day.

from what i've heard snowfall this year will be minimal and most of it will not even stick.

i havent actually researched any of this, its based purely on personal observation.

I'd be happy that the winter season didn't start happening until around December 21 (aka winter solstice, first day of winter).

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've been hearing the same. Being from Illinois, especially around Chicago here, from my experience, its either going to be very mild like they're saying, or we're going ot have a deep freeze and be buried in snow.

Really, the 2 best medium range weather forcasters I know come from nature. Arborists and oddly enough.. dog groomers. The plants and trees have been acting differently over the past years with all this odd weather, and you can see it in the animal's coats as well. when the dogs and other pets that get winter coats start "blowing coat" you know winter is finally on its way. depending on how hard and fast the coat is coming in gives a general indicator of how bad it'll be.. its not a perfect predictor, but it seems more accurate then most forecasts i've ever seen. Its up there with grandpa's rheumatic knee and uncle joe's gout for accuracy.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
hi everybody

i live in the United Kingdom (london).
I've heard from the top UK weather and climate company (the metoffice) that here is soppose to be one of the most coldest winters on record, which surprised me because the last couple of years were mild.

I think this unusurall weather might be the reason of global climate change. Mostly because the United States of America is prediction to have a mild winter.

if anyone has any further information from where you live in the world (if you have any strange weather).

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
THE TEMPERATURE OUTLOOK FOR NOVEMBER-DECEMBER-JANUARY (NDJ) 2005-06 CALLS FOR
WARMER-THAN-NORMAL TEMPERATURES ACROSS MUCH OF THE WESTERN UNITED STATES-
INCLUDING ALASKA AND HAWAII. THE GREAT PLAINS - MIDWEST- THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
COAST AND THE EAST COAST HAVE EQUAL CHANCES OF WARMER-THAN... COOLER-THAN OR
NEAR-NORMAL TEMPERATURES THIS WINTER.

THE PRECIPITATION OUTLOOK FOR NDJ CALLS FOR WETTER-THAN-NORMAL CONDITIONS ACROSS
MOST OF ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA AND EASTERN TEXAS. DRIER-THAN-NORMAL CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED ACROSS THE SOUTHWEST FROM NEW MEXICO TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

www.cdc.noaa.gov...

Looks like a normal winter for Illinois save verses a solar anomaly.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
THE GREAT PLAINS - MIDWEST- THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
COAST AND THE EAST COAST HAVE EQUAL CHANCES OF WARMER-THAN... COOLER-THAN OR NEAR-NORMAL TEMPERATURES THIS WINTER.

I love how that covers all the bases.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I took this quote from our local meteorologist's blog

I believe that this is a unique pattern, in other words it has never happened before. There are some characteristics to this new pattern that could very well end up in an exciting set up for storm systems. I am not sure what those pattern set ups will look like. What we do know is there is one very predominant feature in the Gulf of Alaska/northern Pacific Ocean and across Alaska. This is a deep trough that continuously regenerates week after week.

They have all been trying to predict the winter weather, but they admit they have never seen it set up like this before. One computer model shows cold and snowy while the other shows warm and dry. For example, one of their models shows the day before Thanksgiving cold and snow snow snow. The other shows sunny and warming up slowly between now and then with a result of 55 and sunny for the day before. They said last night that the warm up might be postponed because of more cold comming down from Alaska. HAHAHA they dont have a clue what the weather is going to do. Well, more so than normal. I am going with my gut. I am getting a lot of deicer, salt, and a snow shuvel thingy for my lawnmower. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I grew up in the Chicago 'burbs... my family has lived in Chicago for many generations. The weather there is different than when my parents were young, even than 20 years ago when I was young.

The winters used to be blistering and we'd have a few blizzards a season... now there's hardly even more than a few inches of snow on the ground. Winter starts late and never even gets that cold. While it is nice, it's certainly a bit unnerving- global warming as proved by the dust on the snowblower....

I live in LA now, where we get 2 years worth of rain in a single month- in a desert... You combine these weird patterns with tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods- how can you possibly deny global warming?

Our fragile planet is rebelling- loud and clear. If the weather keeps this up for 5-10 years, who knows what could happen?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I, too, live in the UK and I read we should expect temperatures as low as -17 degrees celcius!!!

Considering the temperatures here at the moment in THE MIDDLE NOVEMBER (in the mornings its like -4degrees C, midday I believe its about 7 degrees C) I think we will experience such coldness.

top topics

join