It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

faxing questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
hello,
i got some really good help in here the other day about another issue i was having!
I'm wondering now about a few things and could use some input..

(1) do you need a printer with fax features to fax?
(2) I ran a windows add/remove components for fax and it works, is this all i need or does my printer have to have the features as well?
(3) IF "windows fax component" is all i need.....
how do you go about setting up a fax#,billing code? etc. etc.....i use d.s.l. does faxing require a modem?

thanks for any help in advance

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You do not need a printer with fax. Just a printer to print the fax.

Win Fax does require a modem.

The fax number can really be the same as your phone number, and no real need for a billing code as it would just be a data transfer through the normal line you already pay a bill for.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WindowsXP comes with fax software. I don't think 98 does. Often scanners come with fax software. Check Google for free fax software if your operating system doesn't have fax.

When you have fax software installed, it is listed under installed printers in Windows. For example, write something up in MS Word, then from the menu select File>print>select fax as the printer> then follow the instructions for adding the destination fax number. Faxes can be paperless on both sending and receiving if done on the computer, which is an advantage over a fax machine.

new topics

join