It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number '2' forms in Hurricane Wilma's eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The mystery of the eye

LEE COUNTY— While watching NBC2 coverage of Hurricane Wilma about two dozen residents called the station reporting an unusual sighting. While watching a Doppler loop of Hurricane Wilma coming ashore, a number two appeared in the eye of the storm.

In going back through the recorded Doppler loop, we found exactly what viewers were talking about.

Source with picture & video

Now this is pretty cool, huh? You can really see the number '2' in the eye. I first thought it wouldn't be clear or something but.. I was wrong.

The question is.. what is the likelihood of that happening?

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wow, that's amazing!

I wonder if it's simply a freakish coincidence, or some sort of sign. Maybe we missed the #1 somewhere along the line. Everyone should now be on the lookout for #3

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well, that's crazy. And if it weren't for the fact that Hurricane Isabelle formed a darned pentagram in her eye...I'd freak out. But I've already seen it all. Apparently linear structures within the eyes of hurricanes ARE possible, and at some appreciable frequency of occurance.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-30-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'll think nothin of it until i see a 3. Thats when i'll be thinking its not natural.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
At the beginning of the video it shows an A then it changes to a 2.

Frigin wierd!

Isabell showed (as shown in Valhalls image) a pentagram.

If the next one shows a 3 or a 1 in its eye, I'd brace myself. Especialy if it shows a 1 ... would seem to be a frigin countdown.

Btw, this 2 looks a bit to perfect to be a natural occurance imho.

[edit on 30/10/05 by thematrix]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I cant beleive this thread died off so soon....People, lets not forget that this number doesnt come from nature...
I guess even ABC had something on this, according to another post i started.

We shouldnt shrug it off, not when all major news outlets have been reporting it.

If you were to beleive that there is technology out there to guide these hurricanes and futz with them, we should keep this in mind.

If you dont beleive in such things..
Happy Halloween and good day to you!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would think it is fairly common. Just like looking at clouds on a summer day and seeing animals and people's faces.

Now if it formed the number 666 I would be scared!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The station that recorded this is 'NBC2'. Is it possible that they might have programmed their computer to impose a '2' in the storm at some random moment?

Otherwise... I wonder if this a sign that these storm's are artificial.... as this might have been a 'tag' or signature ("Hey, Hurricane Operator #2 made this eyewall!").

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Definitely strange. We should keep an eye on any other develping storms for phenomona like this. If it keeps happening, then it would be easier to rule out weather oddities.

Troy

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I was trying to photoshop it into either having a smiley face or the internet explorer "e" in the center.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
That is a random shape. The fact that humans can recognise this shape and have a name for it means nothing.

There was the same chance that the hurricane would form any sort of a shape, recognised or not.

Sorry guys, nothing in it for me.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If you really had a Hurricane creating weather machine would you really be so daft as to start putting real symboles into your storms?

And besides why be so unimaginative? A set of big... well never mind. But rest assured that i would have much more fun with one of those machines.!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here's a thought,

Are there any Christians out there that know the end times prophecies in the Bible?

What are the signs of the end times, and does weird weather factor in it?

I vaguely remember there were 7 signs I think?

Anyone know more about this?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Considering it's not on the NWS's doppler nexrad files and they only one that shows up is at NBC2, they be playing a Spielberg on the gullibles...

Trick or treat?....trick

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
NBC2 news did carry a blurb about the occurence, along with several links at the bottom of the article intended to reinforce the claim.

Accuweather.com community blog offered this theory:

Jesse Ferrell, Community Director:
So what's the explanation? Well, it's no government conspiracy, simply a chance formation of thunderstorms while the storm was attempting what is called "eyewall replacement."

media coverage in no way establishes validity of the report, a prime example being the local media here claiming that any reports of increased violence in BR in the wake of katrina were merely rumors. (these rumors, mind you, sounded much like automatic gunfire 4 to 5 nights per week within two blocks of my home- and as police sirens zipped back and forth during the two weeks of chaos, i could only assume that they were squelching more of those rumors.)

what i can establish from viewing the radar pictures, and reading the articles? if these are not forged, we've much to fear from the Big Black Nothing!!!

another issue to consider, if this were some attempt to 'communicate' or make a statement to mankind, wouldn't it contain a symbol with greater meaning for ALL rather than a pat on the back to NBC2? (ie. the pentagram in the earlier hurricane image that was posted)... unless we've missed a 'four' in the clouds somewhere- could have very well been attempting to tell us something douglas adams knew long ago! The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything!!

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
2nd coming my brothers and sisters...
This is a good sign, a sign that these disasters will end when the Lord comes, even those who scoff will be saved from the sin city we have made...

top topics

join