It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummified Dwarf Found - Rumours Of Ancient Dwarf City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A 25-cm mummified dwarf has been discovered in the Kerman province in Iran. They estimate the dwarf was about 12-16 years old and that he dates back to 1,000 years ago. There are also rumors of the existence of an ancient dwarf city in the Kerman province.

Iran: "Mummified Dwarf" from the Sassanid era unearthed in Kerman (Payvand)

10/29/05

Kerman province Police Chief, Brigadier Hamid Gorizan, on October 29, 2005, exposed to reporters the corpse of a 25-cm dwarf unearthed in Shahdad area in the southeastern Kerman province.

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, he said that the dwarf, whose corpse was discovered recently, is estimated to be 12-16 years old and dates back to 1,000 years ago.

"The discovery of the mummified dwarf in the province and rumors of the existence of an ancient dwarf city in Kerman has posed numerous questions to archaeologists and served to arouse sensations among the public.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow, a mummified dwarf! He looks a bit like an alien doesn´t he? Could the "dwarf city" actually have been inhabitated by aliens? I guess they will have to find the city first anyway. Now they have a mummified dwarf and rumours of a city...

d1k

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Could be long lost earth bound "Greys" or ancestors of them. Looks alike all the descriptions of them. Large skull, large eyes, but that small?

Pretty cool news

[edit on 29-10-2005 by d1k]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Could be long lost earth bound "Greys" or ancestors of them. Looks alike all the descriptions of them. Large skull, large eyes, but that small?

Pretty cool news

[edit on 29-10-2005 by d1k]

Or it could be just a DWARF. Why is it everytime something like this pops up people automatically go "You know that looks like a grey."??

d1k

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

Or it could be just a DWARF.

Or it could be a Grey. Or it could be both, a Dwarf Grey. Who knows?

Why is it everytime something like this pops up people automatically go "You know that looks like a grey."??

Because it's the nature of this site.

Welcome to ATS, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by d1k]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Nice quotes! Im not meaning to hammer on your post. But it just seems to be getting out of hand. Everyone wants to see a gray. You know what I mean?

d1k

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Nice quotes! Im not meaning to hammer on your post. But it just seems to be getting out of hand. Everyone wants to see a gray. You know what I mean?

I do, and if if upsets you you might want to find another message board

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

I do, and if if upsets you you might want to find another message board

Easy there buddy. No need to talk out your a** either.

d1k

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Easy there buddy. No need to talk out your a** either.

You seem like an angry person. Take it easy indeed.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by d1k]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It looks like a damn mummified infant to me... It, uh, REALLY doesn't look anything like an alien at all to me, heh. Of course, I have yet to see anything that really does. This reminds me of that miniature "gray" that turned out to be a damn cat fetus.

Zip

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Okay, folks, let's calm down, please.

The mummy is a human with a genetic condition known as achrondoplastic dwarfism:
www.lpaonline.org...

This is one of the two most common types of dwarfism and occour in roughly 1 out of 40,000 live births. The lower spine has the kind of curve that most of these dwarfs have, and the proportion of the limbs to the torso further identifies the type of dwarfism.

It is a dominant genetic trait, and most of the children born to a pair of dwarves will be dwarves themselves... though a certain number won't:
www.people.virginia.edu...

As to a city of them, it's doubtful. They're fairly fragile from a medical standpoint, prone to chronic pain and joint and limb problems (skeletal dysplasias.) Birth would be difficult for the women in those times and not many of the babies would survive.

Given that there aren't many of them to start with, and that it would be difficult for them to build or maintain a house and that there is a high infant mortality rate, I think it's pretty unlikely that a whole city of them existed.

Not of the type of dwarfism represented by this mummy.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ancient dwarf city?
i think this is interesting
Khazadum maybe?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah, everyone on here wants to see a Grey. Until they wake up one night paralyzed in bed with a Grey standing over them. Then they deficate in their pants and wish they never saw a Grey!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Could be Kazadum but the damn goblins hammered that place lol, mabye its a Hobbit, would Bree be more appropriate. And I did read the books not just watch the films. Human if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Yeah, everyone on here wants to see a Grey. Until they wake up one night paralyzed in bed with a Grey standing over them. Then they deficate in their pants and wish they never saw a Grey!!!

Actually that is exactly how it happened for me, heh. Were you speaking of a personal experience perchance?

[edit on 093131p://30u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Also, were these remains mummified by people, or are they rather remains that were naturally mumified, as often happens? I don't recall mummificiation being something done in that era nor that region of the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...and that it would be difficult for them to build or maintain a house ...

Difficult for them to build a mesopotamian style ziggurat sure, but if they did have a dwarf city then I am sure it would be proportionate to their size. So more likely a village of little huts that they could more easily build/maintain.

A dwarf city may be improbable but improbable things are always being discovered.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Byrd
...and that it would be difficult for them to build or maintain a house ...

Difficult for them to build a mesopotamian style ziggurat sure, but if they did have a dwarf city then I am sure it would be proportionate to their size. So more likely a village of little huts that they could more easily build/maintain.

Villages aren't improbable, no... but remember the early death rate and the high mortality rate in infancy plus the relative scarcity of them. That stacks the deck against a village of them.

Dwarves held special status in early societies. In Medieval times they were often seen as being evil (read the Grail legends in the original and you'll see how often dwarves show up as Evil Little People in the legends.) They were entertainers but were often treated cruelly. Some were kept pretty much as pets, to be gawked at by the rich.

A dwarf city may be improbable but improbable things are always being discovered.

True, but one dwarf does not a village make, if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
so what is the difference between the Hobbit they found, this Dwarf and the Dwarfs which are now knows as vertically challenged people and pull aeroplanes in gameshows.

is there any?

Olo

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"so what is the difference between the Hobbit they found, this Dwarf and the Dwarfs which are now knows as vertically challenged people and pull aeroplanes in gameshows.

is there any?" -- AdamJ

They are quite different actually. Achondroplastic dwarfism, which is by far the most common form of dwarfism, is characterized by an average-size trunk, short arms and legs, and a slightly enlarged . and prominent fore.. Adults are on average 4 feet tall. Of course, they still remain Homo sapien.

The recently discovered Homo floresensis, or "hobbit" are an entirely different species of humans, genetically disposed to their small, but proportional stature.

As far as the dwarf in question is concerned, I think we have plenty of reason to remain skeptical of any of the more sensational claims, unless some solid evidence is unearthed that may link this find with a rumored dwarf population...

Of course, that's only my opinion, and this is my first post on ATS, so I thought I'd drop in a "hellooo".

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't think i've ever seen a dwarf that small, I mean the thing is just placed on the desk there. I know its only 12-16 but doesn't it seem a bit too small to anyone else other than me? Hell, I Don't even think MINI-ME is that small!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join