It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Burial Grounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The big question I wonder, Why do houses built on or near Native American Burial grounds supposely cause hauntings?
What if it was built on a Irish burial ground? Or Spanish? or Dutch? or African-American? of French? Japanese? etc etc etc....

Sure they are disturbed from their great rest and/or offended by being dug-up and built over, but would that not offended and disturb anyone?

It's not always Native American. There was a African-American gravesite in Texas full of former slaves, a housing developement built over it and the people living there started experiencing some scary events. This was what politergiest was based off of.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've never gotten the impression that indian burial grounds are more responsible for hauntings than any other group. It's just far more interesting as far as storytelling goes. What's more interesting? A story about a Lutheran cemetery or one about an ancient Lakota burial ground? Plus, in the stories you get to bring in an interesting indian spiritualist. I live a few hours from the largest earthen pyramid in the North America (Cahokia Mounds). Now that's interesting.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
I've never gotten the impression that indian burial grounds are more responsible for hauntings than any other group.

It sure seems that way, when paranormal investigators (Like PRS) make it out to be that way.

It's just far more interesting as far as storytelling goes. What's more interesting? A story about a Lutheran cemetery or one about an ancient Lakota burial ground? Plus, in the stories you get to bring in an interesting indian spiritualist.

Either it be Amish, Cherokee or Grey Alien burial ground they their spirits could and would all be pissed off if someone builds a Taco Bell over their final resting place. Wouldn't the bones and all the biological matierial all be recycled back into the earth to the point there is nothing left? How would anyone know if the grounds are sacred or not?

I live a few hours from the largest earthen pyramid in the North America (Cahokia Mounds). Now that's interesting.

Is that in Illinois?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the indians were very spiritual and belived in all sorts of witchcraft. They did different types of witchcraft and sometimes even black magic. So there are some bads spirits left behind and tormet those whom are in their presence.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
gdzla1985 - The mounds are in Illinois just across the Missippi from East St. Louis, MO. The largest is 1000ft long x 700 wide x 100 tall. More volume than any pyramid in Egypt.

Another thought on indian hauntings; there is of course the additional problem that they were massacred off of their homeland and then even more continued to die in problems of poverty and continue to today. Seems like a good reason to haunt any non-Native American Indian. I'd be pissed.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My house was built on an Irish burial ground. We had lots of strange occurances like bottles of whiskey being mysteriously emptied followed by chairs being thrown around and bottles being mysteriously broken over peoples heads.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh geez, at least it wasn't a French burial ground. We've had three burned cars so far and we never get decent hot water in the shower.

new topics

top topics

join