It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Elvis dead or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's a site listing some inconsistencies surrounding Elvis' death.

While I'm pretty sure Elvis died almost 30 years ago, there's still a bit of doubt.

I remember about 20 years ago there were all these Elvis sightings...and I seem to recall one at a Burger King in Kalamazoo, MI.

My dad was in the army with Elvis and was more or less an acquaintance.

For the record--I never cared much for Elvis' music.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Elvis isnt dead he just went home
JK

I think the King is dead as a door nail. Who would fake thier own death while on the can. Plus he would have came out of hiding to smack some sense into his daughter when she married Jacko AKA Michael Jackson.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
He better have, i went to Graceland, spent lots of money and was there to pay my respects...

There are lots of legends specially surrounding Rock stars, such as Paul McCartney supposedly died in the late 60's and was replaced by a look alike, and tons of others.

I did like him and his music. RIP

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, I think alot of celebs fake their own death.

-Elvis Presley is quite possibly still alive or was atleast still alive after his staged death.

-Brandon Lee is definitly not dead, he was supposedly shot in the movie, The Crow, highly suspicious claim since all guns on the scene fire either blanks or are props, loaded guns are kept away at all times, even the bullets you see in movies are generally dummies, also the claim that the movie was made for a great majority with CG doesn't hold water, the tech wasn't even good enough back in the day! we can't even make realistic 3D models like that TODAY! Brandon Lee is alive, just doesn't want his father's fame, his father died of injury from a spar correct?

-Tupac Shakur might still be alive, I dunno about B.I.G. but I think 2Pac might still be alive and kicking, hiding from the gansters that had his name on their bullets.

-Kurt Kobain, I do believe he definitly kicked the bucket but I I don't think by his own hand, his wife (Courtney Love) is supposed to be a prime suspect but has never been investigated in, she even went so far as saying: It was a suicide, leave it alone (or something in that sense), also the self inflicted gunshot wound is inconsistant with a suicide, he used a 20ga shotgun, the gun was way too long to could have shot him self in the head with, the gun was also neatly positioned against a wall, this was no suicide, it could've been a staged death, but I suspect murder...Courtney isn't a great person IMO and I wouldn't be suprised if she killed him or hired someone to do so.

I personally am not a fan of the King, I do respect him and I would not be suprised if he was still alive, i'm in no way sure though.

sorry to semi-hijack this thread and state alot of other celeb deaths

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
elvis alive but bill gates is dead ?
www.billgatesisdead.com...

I think some people are just so obessesed with a celebrity, they don't want to beliee they are dead.

or its just so kewl to think they are still alive
anyway, his family says he's dead, and the coroner too

good enuff 4 me

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Not dead yet website;
dpsinfo.com...

Some interesting people, some i thought were dead

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Know someone who was involved in the reception of Elvis' body... According to this completely un-named source... Elvis is dead ... Or at least was when he was brought in as a corpus delecti.

--Edited because, at a subconscious level I didn't know the difference between know and no...--

[edit on 29-10-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies, such as misspelled name.

Then again, my great-grandmother's name was Maudie Mary Rose. It's on her birth certificate. But on her grave marker the name is Mary Maude Young (Young having been her second husband's name). I had to be sure to put a note to that effect on my GEDCOM file when I uploaded it onto RootsWeb in case anyone else wanted to research my relatives.

So it might mean something, and it might not.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Well, I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies, such as misspelled name.

Then again, my great-grandmother's name was Maudie Mary Rose. It's on her birth certificate. But on her grave marker the name is Mary Maude Young (Young having been her second husband's name). I had to be sure to put a note to that effect on my GEDCOM file when I uploaded it onto RootsWeb in case anyone else wanted to research my relatives.

So it might mean something, and it might not.

a similar problem on my grandfathers side back in the 1700s kept us from getting an official link back to england on his side. i little difference in name can really screw geneologists up.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I've always been charmed by the notion that Elvis got his wish and became a secret agent, or even better always was one. I've heard legends of him operating from a secret bunker underneath Graceland. He was hired by Nixon to go after the hippies, right? Maybe Elvis' whole mission became the elimination of musicians, modern day Troubadours, who achieved a position of public consciousness rivaling the one artificially generated through Project Elvis. Where exactly was Elvis the day the music died? He loved engines and likely knew his way around one. The list of dead rock stars is sick. Is the King also the executioner?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Here's a site listing some inconsistencies surrounding Elvis' death.

From that link:
"The authors are puzzled why Elvis’ grave, which had millions of dollars spent on its security, has his name misspelled? We are also puzzled why Elvis, who repeatedly stated he wanted to be buried beside his mother, is buried beside his father, who he privately stated wasn’t even his real father."

Elvis' tombstone is mis-spelt? No it's not.

His name is Elvis Aaron Presley as per the bio on his official website.
www.elvis.com...

The claims that his name is misspelt and should read 'Aron' is completely false. His birth certificate suggests 'Aron' but that's due to bad handwriting by the doctor, Elvis and his father have always used the Aaron spelling.

Also, Elvis is placed between his mother and father, so even thou he may be next to his father, he's still next to his mother.

That site hasn't got it's facts straight.

"[H]e took so many drugs, he would fall asleep in the middle of eating, and I would have to clean food out of his mouth and out of his throat and turn him on his side and make sure that he was breathing."

The autopsy suggested that he had overdosed on "significant amounts" of codeine, methaqualone, ethinamate, and miscellaneous barbiturates. There were also traces of morphine, Valium, Demerol, Meperidine, Placidyl, and chloropheniramine. The coroner also reported that Elvis' last meal had consisted of four scoops of ice cream and six chocolate chip cookies.

That'll just about do it.

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
-Brandon Lee is definitly not dead, he was supposedly shot in the movie, The Crow, highly suspicious claim since all guns on the scene fire either blanks or are props, loaded guns are kept away at all times, even the bullets you see in movies are generally dummies, also the claim that the movie was made for a great majority with CG doesn't hold water, the tech wasn't even good enough back in the day! we can't even make realistic 3D models like that TODAY! Brandon Lee is alive, just doesn't want his father's fame, his father died of injury from a spar correct?

Don't know about that. I have a copy of that movie which has the doco about how they filled in scenes using a body double and pasting his face on where needed, they seemed to be quiet capable of those edits. They basically had to edit the script rather than use CGI to finish it. Most of the scenes where you can't see Brandons face is a double.
I can't remember the deal about how he died but i remember it being a blank which burst or was shot at a close range and he got some shrapnel in a vital organ but at the time no one knew the damage was as bad as it looked and he dropped dead a few minutes later - thou that's just my bad memory, it was something like that, an accident which could of been avoided.

-Kurt Kobain, I do believe he definitly kicked the bucket but I I don't think by his own hand, his wife (Courtney Love) is supposed to be a prime suspect but has never been investigated in, she even went so far as saying: It was a suicide, leave it alone (or something in that sense), also the self inflicted gunshot wound is inconsistant with a suicide, he used a 20ga shotgun, the gun was way too long to could have shot him self in the head with, the gun was also neatly positioned against a wall, this was no suicide, it could've been a staged death, but I suspect murder...Courtney isn't a great person IMO and I wouldn't be suprised if she killed him or hired someone to do so.

Cobains death is a mystery. I've been reading up on that one since his death and there are a lot of problems with the suicide theory which are worthy of investigation.
The gun wasn't against a wall, it was lying across his chest but he did have light gauge shells which are intended for defending your home (as heavier gauges could kill someone in another room) which is why Cobain bought the guns, he always thought there were people out to get him.
The damage reported to his head was minimal, he had a small exit hole in the back and some bloating near the exit but other than that his head was intact which is what a light guage will do. Problem is, there was very little blood which suggests he could of been dead when the trigger was pulled as normally the heart still pumps a couple times, enough to make a big mess.
Plus the heroin levels in his blood were way to high for him to have been able to have injected, packed up his needle kit and then shot himself. The idea is that he was injected with a much more pure dose and as he drifted out, he was shot. The note was one of a few notes he wrote in the many journals he kept which was basically drafting a way of saying to his fans that he wants to quiet Nirvana and basically drop out of music for a while.

Courtney's self descruction that continues to this day has a lot of hallmarks of someone carrying a lot of guilt. I wonder if she'll spill the beans on her deathbed?

[edit on 30-10-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not trying to debunk here, just encouraging further speculation and clarification.

For Brandon Lee to fake his death, there would have to be a better reason than because he didn't want the fame. He had been in several movies before that and was actively seeking fame. And if he did fake his death, firstly there'd have to be a certain amount of people involved, and secondly his life would be ruined; he'd never be able to live or go anywhere where he might be recognized again. so what would be the motivation for all that effort and trouble? The fame reason just doesn't cut it.

With Courtney Love, what motivation would she have for killing Kurt? She already had his wealth. So yeah, any speculation on motive?

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Jim Morrisson yet...

[edit on 2005-10-30 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
GroundZero, Bruce Lee's death was caused by a headache medication.
www.usatoday.com...
Chow, one of the founders of Golden Harvest studios, said Lee died because he took headache medication that he was "hypersensitive" to at someone else's home, refraining from referring to Ting directly.

He said Lee was sensitive to one of the three ingredients in the medication, equigesic

As for his son I watched a movie about his death and how it is happened it is explained very well on wikipedia what happened.
en.wikipedia.org...

As for Elvis he is very much alive and well. I met him back in the early 90's. I drove up to a local greasy spoon it had one of those windows you pick up your food and you guessed it, he was at the window, he still knows how to handle a microphone even if it was a headset. He had a beard but the cape with the rhinestones was a dead giveaway. Anyway me and E thats my pet name for him go out every Thursday for Bingo. Its the only night he has off from the greasy spoon.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by goose]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Trust me Elvis is dead, well at least thats what Jim told me.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ahhhh............

You guys all think I'm dead!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My understanding has always been that Elvis died due to drug interactions. The man had enough drugs in him to stock an entire pharmacy, it seems!

Oh, I believe he's dead, I just thought I'd toss this subject in--I was curious as to what people thought.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Even if Elvis faked his death back in the day he would be what 70 years old this year.

With all the drugs he did and food he ate I doubt he would even make it to 70 if he faked his death.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The explenation of Brandon's death is laughable, it would cost more to make dummy bullets than to buy them, EVERYONE who knows BASIC gun handling knows to ALWAYS check the chamber, and according to this wiki it was in the "barrel"?, you don't put bullets in the Barrel, not even in a Revovler does it load directly in the barrel, it remains in the Cylinder were the hammer strikes and fires it...

Blanks are always use in the firing scenes, a Blank has no projectile, the only thing I can see happen is that a piece of brass chipped off and in a miracle shot hit him, otherwise foul play could have been involved and someone loaded a real bullet in the gun which I doubt is the case.

Pay enough cash and all the people involved will shut up...

WCIP, you explained what happened very well, I didn't remember exactly how it went so my memory of it was a little foggy.

Some people just buckle under the stress of fame, some people stage their death and move to a far away corner in South America or some tropical island for example, most people don't even know in what house which celeb lives, they have plenty of places to hide...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
One thing I've always been interested in, to be honest, is the use of science and private funds to actually go around and work on this sort of project. Basically, some kind of group (Myth Busters-esque) that just figures these things out and presents a list of their findings. Obviously, some things, such as the Alien phenomenon, would be largely inconclusive, but for things like this, a simple DNA test could decide pretty simply either way.

It'd be bad for ATS business, but great to see the public reaction to a list of things that are true and things that are false.

As for Kurt, I must admit to not knowing much on the case, but I will say this - when you combine drugs with fame and the accompanying degredation of a movement, a style, that has a lot of meaning for you, some weird things are bound to happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The explenation of Brandon's death is laughable, it would cost more to make dummy bullets than to buy them, EVERYONE who knows BASIC gun handling knows to ALWAYS check the chamber, and according to this wiki it was in the "barrel"?, you don't put bullets in the Barrel, not even in a Revovler does it load directly in the barrel, it remains in the Cylinder were the hammer strikes and fires it...

Blanks are always use in the firing scenes, a Blank has no projectile, the only thing I can see happen is that a piece of brass chipped off and in a miracle shot hit him, otherwise foul play could have been involved and someone loaded a real bullet in the gun which I doubt is the case.

It was big time Negligence on the prop guy Daniel Kuttners part. First off he used a real .44 mag he got from a pawn shop and not a prop gun.

The reason the bullet was stuck in the barrel because in a earlier shot it was suppose to be a inert bullet not a blank since it was a shot looking down the barrel of the gun and a bullet was needed in place of a blank.

They didnt have any dummy ammo for the close up scene so the prop guy went out and brought some real ammo and removed the bullets and emptied the powder. But he forgot to take the primer out of one and that went off (People said they heard a small bang but nothing happened). Now a primer is weak but was more then enough to push the already removed bullet into the barrel. The .44 bullet stayed there.

For the later blank shot that killed Brandon they wanted a big flash for the blank and put alot more powder in the blank. Daniel Kuttner the prop guy filled the gun being used with blanks. The error he made was not checking the gun barrel for obstructions.

Nearly full blank charge + .44 mag in barrel = dead

There was a good show on how it all went down they screwed up big time and were very Negligent

[edit on 30-10-2005 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join