It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeti Reticula Star System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have a question. Most greys supposivly live in the Zeti Reticula Star System. Seeing as millions of people use SETI (search for extra-terrestrial life) at home why aren't all of the searches aimed at this star system?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure that the Zeta Reticuli stuff started with Betty and Barney Hill's abduction after Betty had drawn a map under hypnosis and a researcher calculated it to be that particular star system. Its not solid proof, but seems probable. As for SETI looking there, why look there if there are already beings from that area coming to this planet? That would be fairly pointless, wouldn't you think?

I've also read that Zeta Reticuli is only visible from the southern hemisphere. SETI may not be able to angle an antenna or dish to recieve signals from there. Though I am uncertain as to how radio signals work.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I researched this about a year back and here is something interesting I found.

OF all the websites that I visited regarding this star system 90% of them asked me for a password to access the site.. Granted some of the sites were government related (government owned observatories).

I came to the assumption that there is something regarding this star system that me....joe bloggs normal guy isn't supposed to know about ---- yet.

Chris

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I'm fairly sure that the Zeta Reticuli stuff started with Betty and Barney Hill's abduction after Betty had drawn a map under hypnosis and a researcher calculated it to be that particular star system. Its not solid proof, but seems probable. As for SETI looking there, why look there if there are already beings from that area coming to this planet? That would be fairly pointless, wouldn't you think?

There won't be solid proof of this for years. Why not take a chance? What do we have to lose? Not too much, seeing as seti usually scans random points in the sky.

I agree with you that there are beings living here from there, but the gov't will keep this under wraps from the public for at least 5 more years. To the public this wouldn't be pointless, as sceptisism towards aliens is still highly oberved by the majority of the public.

I think that searching in the Zeti Reticula Star System alone will be a small step in the endless search for ET.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It is only viewable from the Southern Hemisphere....

The Hills were not the only ones to mention Zeti-Reticuli... It has been mentioned by Lazar as well, not to mention numerous other sources....such as some government documents, and other abductees (who at the time knew nothing of the Hills), as well as other informants who have come out. Now some of these sources are suspect, but nevertheless, surely this is a questionable system... But, we in the Northern Hemisphere can't do much to help....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It is only viewable from the Southern Hemisphere....

The Hills were not the only ones to mention Zeti-Reticuli... It has been mentioned by Lazar as well, not to mention numerous other sources....such as some government documents, and other abductees (who at the time knew nothing of the Hills), as well as other informants who have come out. Now some of these sources are suspect, but nevertheless, surely this is a questionable system... But, we in the Northern Hemisphere can't do much to help....

Could it not be a like a domino effect?

If one person claims to have been abducted by 'Aliens' from that region, whats stops other people thinking that they have? The human mind is a funny thing, if it cannot make sense of something it tries to fill in the details with other 'bits' of information.

We cannot know for sure that these people haven't seen each others stories in some way. How long after the abduction events do the Abduxtees tell their story?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
From other sources (such as channeled) the ZR system has been noted. Especially, the 3rd planet as being "land of the free, home of the greys". It was also mentioned that the 4th planet had the large spiders with the tree trunk legs. What friendly neighbors eh? Of course, it could just be HAARP, ULF, screen memories or some less sinister conspiracy. I think though, SETI, is just another ZION meant to pacify the searchers.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is there a way to "hack into SETI at home" to analyse data you want... and not the default that is sent??

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i wonder why only the greys is being the big new in every decades.there is some other type of report like nearly same as us in this universe.i think this grey are very active on our solar system that why they are most renown to us

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
*My Research*

They grey's and the nordics lived very close..between planets in ZR.....

War Broke out..Inter planetary war....Much devastation which wiped out alot of the populations as well as creating inhospitable landscape.....

From what I can gather it was started by the greys....

I couldn't gather if this war is still going on or which side started.. BUT The greys are either looking to re colonise on another planet (earth). Or use our species to create an army to help wipe out the nordics....*theories*

Information from this was from an interview exerpt by a woman claiming to talk to aliens... Actually the aliens channel their voice through this lady.. I couldn't remember if it was a nordic or grey that was talking...

Again it could be alot of hoggle...

Chris

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i can sell you a channel an alien at home kit for $99.95 in any color you wish... really channelling is a scam from way back... not to say it isn't a great way to communicate with our subconscious. And a way to have some enlightened conversationa with ourselves/

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Only two readings per day for a small fee. She wasn't into the money. She was REAL!!! and verifiable.

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
i can sell you a channel an alien at home kit for $99.95 in any color you wish... really channelling is a scam from way back... not to say it isn't a great way to communicate with our subconscious. And a way to have some enlightened conversationa with ourselves/

[Edited on 18-9-2003 by energy_wave]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Even if channelling was about reaching the sub-conscious, would that not be useful?

Who knows what we might find there.

If the past, present and future were accessible by us then it would have great use.

Regarding Seti, it is BS posturing to keep a few interested people distracted I think. Shows how dumb conventional science is. I think they are searching on all the wrong frequencies anyways. The theory is that the aliens use very low frequencies to modulate using an advanced technology we are barely familiar with.

What is created over vast distance is a 'standing wave' of sorts that is used to send information over. The fools at setti probably think the aliens are using radio waves or something like that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Would that help?

SETI uses a very limited band of frequencies. Maybe "they" can't even pick up our frequencies".

It's like a ant trying to talk to a human.

Also, is it wise hollering out "here we are, come and conquer us".

[edit on 13-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Lets see what Carl Sagan has to say about the hills...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Kepler is up and running but isn't looking at Zeta Reticuli or Orion, another interesting part of the sky. It's looking for planets near Cygnus and Lyra.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
As for SETI looking there, why look there if there are already beings from that area coming to this planet? That would be fairly pointless, wouldn't you think?

Pointless? Isn't that the whole point of SETI? If they pointed it there, where people claim host extraterrestrial intelligence, then don't you think it would be in SETIs best interest?

That's like looking for treasure, and getting a lead to where there is a TON of treasure, and blowing it off because it would be pointless to dig where you knew the treasure was.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The reason that the SETI program (especially the SETI@home program) hasn't examined Zeta Reticuli is that it can't. The data for SETI comes from the Arecibo Observatory, which is largely fixed in position; it can only examine the strip of sky that appears directly over it, and can't be pointed elsewhere. Since Arecibo is in the northern hemisphere and Zeta Reticuli appears in the skies of the southern hemisphere, Arecibo can't see Zeta Reticuli.

Must also respond to this:

Originally posted by THENEO
Regarding Seti, it is BS posturing to keep a few interested people distracted I think. Shows how dumb conventional science is.

If you think that "conventional science" (by which I imagine you mean "mainstream science") is dumb, you should probably stop using your computer, talking about frequencies, etc. Find a cave, light a fire, kill a deer, cook deer, eat deer. Rinse and repeat until you die in two years from lack of medical care.

I think they are searching on all the wrong frequencies anyways. The theory is that the aliens use very low frequencies to modulate using an advanced technology we are barely familiar with.

Actually, the SETI program, especially SETI@home, scans a wide range of frequencies (see setiathome.berkeley.edu...). The whole motivation behind the SETI@home program was that the additional processing power provided by a ton of computers working in tandem would allow a larger range of frequencies to be explored. Further, there is no theory about this that postulates some sort of advanced technology that we don't understand. The whole SETI program is based on the assumption that alien civilizations would be subject to the same laws of physics we are. Now, granted, they could be doing something more advanced that we don't understand, but SETI isn't designed to look for this.

What is created over vast distance is a 'standing wave' of sorts that is used to send information over. The fools at setti probably think the aliens are using radio waves or something like that.

I'm not sure what to say to this... A standing wave is, by definition, a wave which doesn't move, so it wouldn't be very good at sending information anywhere. Further, a 'standing wave' is not a different type of wave. That is, 'radio waves' and 'standing waves' are not different things: radio waves could be 'standing'.

top topics

join