It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
For Zion, heelstone...

If you are interested in what's been going down on A27 near Houten in Holland, this will really interest or relieve you.

It's a Junior Chamber Of Commerce project. Are you in on it, Zion????

www.jkkr.nl...

(Sorry heelstone, it's pure publicity, just like I said after 10 seconds in Chat...)

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes, bandit gave me a link to an article that claims the UFO landing is in fact just an art project.
But I still can understand why the newspaper, and the guys on the radio said that the police closed down the entire area for an investigation

Oh well, it was fun to investigate a bit

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I want to hear from Heelstone, who burst into Chat with an earth-shattering announcement, to make sure he is OK, or find out whether he was a paid publicist for the Houten JC!

For the paper to carry the story the way it did, it matched exactly what I expected... the whole thing was well executed publicity.

heelstone will hate me for having said that after 10 seconds, or maybe take heed....

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Zion

The blog write-up doesn't need to have any apology from you! Nothing you had said implied that you had jumped to any conclusions, only that you would keep us posted as events unfolded.

The press release (linked PDF) was written well in advance of the construction of the UFO landing strip, so I suspect that the newspaper, the police and all others, were in on the suspense and publicity of the launch (or "landing" as the case may be).

That's how War Of The Worlds, and other fantastical things, get into the public consciousness.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Oh. So it was just a publicity stunt, eh? Hey, I didn't see anything about that until now. Would be nice to have been real. As usual, too good to be true.

top topics

join