It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when South Park used to be funny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Remember when it was actually enjoyable to watch South Park? Remember when it would make you laugh? If you've seen it in the last few years you know it's simply turned into a chance for them to preach and give their idiotic opinons on the issue of the week.

I want more random hilarity, not "pseudo-libertarian" talking points. I couldn't care less about Matt Stone and Trey Parker's opinion on rap music, or gun control, or car tires. Just make me laugh. Not that that's going to happen anymore. I suppose that's what happens when a show runs too long. Like the Simpsons....but that's another rant.

Edit- Something Awful apparently had the same thoughts as I did after watching this past Wednesday's episode.

www.somethingawful.com...

[edit on 10/29/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Its still funny as far as I am concerned

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Lol, each to his own I guess. I'm going to stick with Family Guy and some of those Adult Swim shows...

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but the global warming episode was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't imagine topping that for a while.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I'm sorry, but the global warming episode was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't imagine topping that for a while.

But...but why? It's so damned predictable. The people of the town get excited over the issue of the week, Cartman does something evil and talks about jews, then at the climax, Stan calms them all down and gives a speech that reflects the opinions of Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

They don't even have the interesting characters on anymore like Chef and...um...Towlie. Yeah what ever happened to Towlie? And the movie was hilarious, one of my favorite.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"Gimme your jew gold!"
"Over 100 Billion people have died"

How can you argue with that?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Amorymeltzer, you forgot one part

"In a town with a population 800(not sure how many) this is devastating."

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I actually thought in the last few seasons the show has grown and become even more funny

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Originally posted by FredT

Lol, each to his own I guess. I'm going to stick with Family Guy and some of those Adult Swim shows...

ditto...while south park is on the decline im sure family guy and the simpsons a the adult swim cartonn will still be funny

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but the global warming episode was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I'm an occasional watcher of the show.
I have to agree, this was one funny episode!!
Katrina meets "The day after tomorrow".

Lets not save the people, lets figure out who to blame!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This last Wednesday's episode was just pure South Park. Not too many opinions, just random hilarity. Butters as Margine: "Well, I'm just your typical little girl. I like dancing, and ponies, and getting my snooch pounded on Friday nights." LMFAO!!!

Cartman and all the guys stole the "time device" and blew it up so it wouldnt fall into the wrong hands. BUT! I dont think Kenny died, that made me sad.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I've got to admit that this past weeks South Park was funny and "old school". If they keep making episodes like that, I might get interested in it again. Of course, I've got to wonder why I'm even watching it if I don't like it? Kind of like reading ATS posts...doing something obsessively even though it pisses me off.

D

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Haha..I loved that episode.

"Everyone above this line is already dead. Every below this line will have to go south. People like us in the middle states will have to ride it out. The farmy south western states might have a chance, but New york will have tidal waves that will envelop most of the northeast"

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Butters as "Margarine".... I still can't believe it took me a second to get that,

I think it's still as funny as ever....

How about "Drawn Together?" Now THAT is some pretty funny stuff, hehe...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
South Park used to be funny but I gave up on it when I discovered Kevin Spencer. You yanks probably never heard of it as it's banned in the US but it's like a cross between South Park(but cruder animation) and Trailer Park Boys(with cruder plots, language and jokes) if you find it somewhere on DVD lemme know!

It's also the only show I know of to kill off all it's main characters in the last season(which is on going) It's fricken great!

[edit on 3-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm curious to hear opinions on last nights episode of SP. Looks like they're not going to keep with last week's "hilarity without message" theme. Gay marriage...how pedistrian.

PS- Drawn Together is pretty damn funny.

[edit on 11/3/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i dunno what you mean by it becoming a political tirade... the show has always been a political tirade. since day one.. they always have comments on politics and current news in their show.. sometimes its just not as apparent as some episodes.
the show is still hilarious... i mean... how can you hate on last seasons episodes? especially the baseball one... randy marsh fighting in the stands ... "whaddya wanna do huh?'" rofl

D

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I'm curious to hear opinions on last nights episode of SP. Looks like they're not going to keep with last week's "hilarity without message" theme. Gay marriage...how pedistrian.

PS- Drawn Together is pretty damn funny.

[edit on 11/3/2005 by Flinx]

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have said many times that South Park is not supposed to be a political comment. It does use current political themes, but if anything it satirises it.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
They don't make political comments in South? I'm pretty sure it's not just satirizing political comments... Ever heard the term South Park Republicans?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have only seen one episode of the new episodes, but the one I saw earlier in the year was well worth all of the "bad" episodes. The cute furry critter Christmas was brilliant...and beautiful...

new topics

top topics

join