It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouch. Very badly stoved fingers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So, I think this is the right term. I was playing In the Groove at the arcade yesterday and I stoved my fingers on my left hand really bad. (The game is like Dance Dance Revolution, in this one song I had to hit three panels at one time, two with my feet and one with my hand, and I slammed my hand into it the wrong way and smashed my fingers the wrong way.)

Anyways, my primary concern is this - how can I make sure that my finger isn't broken? I gently pushed in and pulled on the finger most affected, and it didn't hurt any differently. So I don't think it's broken.

I've just noticed dull but tolerable pain for the past day, so that's probably normal, right?

(I've been injured before playing DDR - one time I tripped and smashed my shin on the pad pretty good. On two other occasions I pushed myself really hard on an incredibly intense song and almost passed out. One girl awhile back did completely pass out and needed medical help, but she had a severe medical condition that contributed to it. I've heard of people with various other injuries.)

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Your best bet would be to have it looked at at least by a doc, who im sure would be able to gather if this finger needed an ex ray or not,

it could be internal bruising but it also could be cracked,

is there any swelling?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
stoved?

that makes me think hand + stove = nokaythx

or stubbed?

man when you stub a finger its almost up there with papercut

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Can you close your hand?
Make a fist?
If you can then you don't have any broken bones

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah, where did I get "stoved" from?

Anyways, yeah, I can make a fist and it doesn't seem like there is any swelling, so I'm OK. Man, that did hurt REALLY BAD but I had to keep going. I'm just glad I apparently didn't break anything.

new topics

top topics

join