It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Defence what Civil Defence !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
During the cold war the Governments of the West, seemed to believe that in order to protect the Civilian population from a Soviet Attack was to build bunkers for the power elite.

The following web site provides great information on various cold war bunkers across the UK.

Research Study Group

However from what I have read over the past few years on the web and in book format, it would seem that most of these bunkers have fallen into disrepair. I am fairly sure that the UK�s main bunkers (Barton Quarry, Cornsham Manor and the new bunker underneath the MOD building in London) are still fully operational but what about the rest of us. Also what about the NWO. Most of the sites on the above link are Government or Council Owned. There does not seem to be any information about private bunkers (I am not talking about the kind you build in your back yard).

Where are the private bunkers ? I know in the USA that AT&T and several other large communication companies have their own bunkers. But does Mr. Gates or the Chairman of Coca-Cola ?

On top of this does anyone have any information about the UK�s new 4-Minute Warning system? If we where ever attack by a WMD how would the Government in this country let the population know about it? Would it just be a News Flash on the BBC, would the Government take over all of the TV and Radio Channels? My father used to work as a senior manager within BT (He worked on Secure Communications for the MOD), and he once told me of a plan to use telephones to let people know about an attack (I guess it was going to be like the old Four Minute warning sirens that used to rely on the Control person of the Siren answering the WD4000 (?) phone and hearing the words attack warning red then switching the siren on), I am not sure if anyone knows anything about this.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityschild
(I guess it was going to be like the old Four Minute warning sirens that used to rely on the Control person of the Siren answering the WD4000 (?)

I could be wrong, but I think it was the WD1200, not the 4000. Feel free to throw something at me if I'm wrong!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction

Originally posted by trinityschild
(I guess it was going to be like the old Four Minute warning sirens that used to rely on the Control person of the Siren answering the WD4000 (?)

I could be wrong, but I think it was the WD1200, not the 4000. Feel free to throw something at me if I'm wrong!

Actually we are both wrong

From 1962-1983 it was the WB400

Which look something like this

After this came the WB1400, which I believe in a carrier control point looked something like this

Just click the link for a timeline

Or for lots more info just go here

new topics

join