It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Mind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Have you ever had an idea and before you acted on it somebody else came out with it? Have you ever wondered why? I theorize that there is a universal warehouse so to speak, of thoughts and ideas that we are all taping into. It could just be a area of energy just under the surface of Conscious or it could be a benevolent being who doles out ideas as he/she/it sees fit. an example, when I was younger I was heavily into drawing. I drew a picture of a very sweet looking car. It was new and modern for the time. It was also unlike anything out there. within three months Chevy came out with the completely redesigned corvette.

Yep you guessed it, it was my car down to every detail. I have witnesses to this. I've always wondered ware that idea came from and why somebody else had the same idea at the same time. When I got a little older I read in a story about a universal computer that was able to pass out instructions to its minyans from great distance.

There it was for me that was my apifany. that must of been ware my idea came from. A universal mind.

Sounds crazy I know but that's what the skunk works is for. No I do not have any proof other then my own common sense. if you really think about it makes perfect sense. I dont baleave it controlls us just passes out ideas when we need it. It seeds the ideas into many minds at one time so it has a better chance of getting it right.

So what do you all think?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I also think that there's a universal mind. I think that we are in fact all part of one single being that has splits itself trillions of time and has formed a illusion that we are seperate beings.

The reason why this being did that, is because it's actually the only thing in existence, and it wanted to experience and learn stuff. So it created this multiverse out of itself to experience that. The reason why we don't remember why we exist is to have the experiences as pure as possible.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You should look into the Global Consciousness Project.

The purpose of this project is to examine subtle correlations that appear to reflect the presence and activity of consciousness in the world.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Good stuff here. Thanks all.

I too believe in the universal mind - and experience it almost every day it seems.

Thanks for that link Mr. Mysterious.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I will expand on that idea..
Knowing who is on the phone before you answer it
thinking of someone and then they ring

but my kicker is the empathy side...feeling others emotions ..when someone is down you feel it inside you...or if someone hurts (like my kids for example) you get a flash of not pain but something horrible shooting up through your insides....

and then there is also the illness side... ever got a headache when a certain person is around? do some people drain your energy and make you feel really tired?

are you hungry for a burger and someone suggests you all go to madcdonalds...really bored and nowhere to go and then someone rings and invites you somewhere? Need a job, one falls in your lap?

the big one...
My trainee and friend of my daughters is 18 year old dude.. hes a friend of the family and often visits us all... One evening he was sittng in pain in my living room with a badly sore left knee. I felt sympathy for him (now thats the kicker I think sympathy). and took a look at his knee.. The next morning I woke up my left knee was all stiff and sore..never happens to me in my knee, never had a knee issue in my life...never hurt it...

so i concentrated and said to myself this is not my pain..and it went away...

but then Krissy, my daughter woke up an hour or so later and came into me limping..oh mum my left knee is so sore.....so I was curious and I had to ask her..I said when you and B.R went out last night did he say much about his knee.. she said he complained a bit about it and it was hurting him...and I said to her ...and how did you feel about it..and she said she felt sorry for him being in that pain.... there we have sympathy again.....

I could be nuts of course...but that often happens..

with my hubby.. he had a sore finger for months and marched off to the doctors she took one look and said he had arthritis on the left index finger top inner joint...One month later my left finger started hurting in the same spot..I marched off to the docs... arthritis in the left index finger the top inner joint... why is this.. hubbies ten years older than me...within a month? same spot? nah doesn't happen... then hubby goes away... two months later so does my finger's "arthritis"

now the huge one... two weeks ago on the saturday of the full moon at one am I got my periods.... my daughter got home at 4 am from work and said she had gotten her periods that night around 1 am

now this always happens when we are together..... Krissy jetsets between my town of origin Wollongong and here in tropical cairns with me....

When she is here we always get our periods together..

the time before last when she got home, she started bleeding a few days later, I wasn't due for two weeks yet I started the very next day.

the next month once again we bled same time and then she went away to Wollongong to visit friends and family. I rang her a month or so later while I had my period and happened to mention something about her bleeding and she said oh no, Im not due for another week and a half

then she comes home..first month bleed same day...this month start at same time on same day on full moon.... and its not because i am menopausal and my periods are out of whack either... the only time my periods are out is when she comes home from being away .. ..my youngest child of six is 15 months old and I know to the hour when i ovulated as well..so its not menopause it an energy of some description that bears reseaching reasons.

I have heard before that females often living in same house get periods at same time and well this is it. But still the big thing is Why? what is this energy? what is this current that allows this and the other things mentioned to happen? what aren't we being told.

i have given actual instances that can be verified here but theres heaps more that has happened to me personally and those I watch around me.....

there is something there...a conscious energy or something that is more than we are taught... i would love to hear of events in other peoples lives that could point to some energy along these lines

I too have created things and then seen them come out elewhere.... it will be interesting to hear of others.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
but my kicker is the empathy side...feeling others emotions ..when someone is down you feel it inside you...or if someone hurts (like my kids for example) you get a flash of not pain but something horrible shooting up through your insides....

I wonder if people completely incapable of feeling sympathy for another person are somehow cut off from the universal mind.

Something interesting happened to me the other day, as a matter of a fact. I was at work stocking the shelves and a customer came up to me to ask where she could find something. Before she said anything at all, I got a visual of hot glue sticks. And much to my surprise, she asked me for hot glue sticks. Coincidence that out of the entire store filled with hundreds of products I would think of glue sticks? That was the highlight of my day.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
That's exactly what I mean.. that experience..
it happens to many of us. I don't make up crap and either I am senile at 38 or these things actually happen..and too often to be a co-incidence.

and I don't think others that report these things are senile or all poopyartists either...

this thread is fascinating and i for one would love to hear more members experiences like this and more thoughts on what they think it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
and who knows the whole conspiracy...and the whole reason skunkworks and val's thread and the other threads may be here is because of others....fully aware others ( the consciousness)... that are trying to cut us off from that universal consciousness and control it....

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
E Pluribus Unum, out of many, (people) one (spirit).

OK, this is my first post in the new Skunkworks section and since its for some of the more off the wall ideas, here's mine.

We were all once one with the creator in the beginning and living in a unified harmony. Somebody had to ruin it though and questioned some conclusion. An argument within the creator was started and soon we were all bickering back and forth. God took it for as long as he could and then, well, uummmmmm.....

God exploded.

That explains not only why the universe is still expanding, but also why its picking up speed. We're not all working our way back to god, god is sending us away.

I do agree that a universal mind exists since were all still part of the original creation.

Thats my two nickels on it.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i am a keen computer game player and have good knowledge of games i want to be a games designer which in short means coming up with the idea for computer games and i have had a lot of new ideas for games which i get down on paper i make sure to make my ideas different from others i see what is out there and make sure my idea is different every idea my biggest ideas the ones i spent the moast thinking and written about have been made into games not just like but the excact same like if someone has taken my ideas from me i had drawings from the games aswell and the same characters were featured it was kinda of scary it felt like "deja vu " when i was playing the game

i mean we get ideas all the time but were do they come from do we send these ideas to others without knowing in some sort of subconcious way ?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is also my first post in this forum. I have also wondered about how some ideas are born. I myself have come up with ideas only to see them hit the market within a few months. I still say that need is the mother of invention, but I think there still could be something to this theory.

One idea that continuously keeps coming to my mind occasionally is I see a rotating disk in my dreams. I believe it is an energy generating motor, or over unity gain motor taping into zero point energy. I am sure that others have also, and could be why so many pursue the idea. I do not see any details on how it works, so the whole answer is not given, only the speculation that it is possible. This is only one aspect of this theory, but one that I can relate to.

There is one problem with this theory though, if everyone is of like mind or something is feeding us with ideas, then why are there are so many different cultures and religions across the globe? You would think we could get along better if this were true. At the same time though, we do have a few things in common, mentioned in this quote that often inspires me.

For in the final analysis, our most basic common link, is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal.

John F. Kennedy

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Mayet,

i'm not trying to debunk anybody's view here, but it could be that you are just more in tune with the psychic world than most, and therefore so are your children.

do your parents tell stories of similar occurences? does anyone in your family have a history of dealing with poltergeist type activity (sometimes attributed to overactive minds)?

just curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have thought about that side of it too...but no...I think many have the chance to use this consciousness too but unfortunately we are not trained from birth in these skills. I think thats all part of it...

I was adopted at birth, so I had no connection to my maternal or paternal world, no connection to the gene I sprang from.

Growing up I didn't take things for granted that bonded blood families do. I was different to those around me, not because of any "psychicness" but because I was not of them.

I was chemically different, where as they were all settled and content to take their "lot" in life, I searched early to find myself, to find my own lot as such. My own identity who I was and where the heck I came from. I looked closer at people, in order to see how I ticked and identified with those around me I observed people closely.

What may be inside me, is inside many but we do not get taught how to use it. Instead we live by a doctrine of laws dictated to us by fellow man that leave no ideas of access to these things.

The witch trials earlier in history would have done much to stop that consciousness from being passed from one generation to the next, what the witch trials didn't stamp out, the rest of religion and societies ethics has.

My adoptive parents dragged me off screaming to church each week, that same grandma was head of mothers union and was the pipe organist and stuff. I hated every minute of it, I rebelled. I refused confirmation and my family looked at me as if I had committed a crime. ........

When I was a teen and I will be honest here, I started playing with experimenting with light, I read every book on the occult and alternative religions I could find, searching for answers. Things happened, things I couldn't explain because I really didn't want to wear the ridicule, those who know, know. Theres a thread somewhere about OBE's and stuff where I told my story of some of these events.

Fast forward to now.

I have six children and yes I am pretty tuned to them, I can feel Krissy's emotions from thousands of km's away. Things start happening to Krissy, she tells me and I sit back, stunned because I have never told her these things and yet she is experiencing the same things.

She came into me one night fairly wrecked, she was so scared, she told me she was sitting on her bed looking at her hands and they started to glow around them a white colour, thats when she freaked and ran to me.

This is the important part, not because of what happened but because of what happened next. I could never go to my mother and tell her my hands were glowing white, and when I met my natural mum it wasn't much better, a wall of silence, of things seen but not heard. But Krissy could come to me and I didnt laugh or ridicule, I just explained what i knew. I told her I was surprised it happened to her so early, she had these things happen to her five or more years before I had. Shes only 18. I told her it was just light, no bad spirits no nothing, just light and energy.

So sorry for being long winded.... I guess i always am around here
but the point being and the point I have pondered after she told me what had happened to her is "education"

if teen one went to his mum and she put his experience down, or couldn't go to anyone for fear of ridicule, then eventually teen one draws away from that consciousness. teen one becomes a robot like everyone else with only the occasional flashes that are put down to co -incidence..

its like what you are taught in a christian church... to believe, to trust and to have faith....

but this time you have that faith, belief and trust in yourself. You are not blindly trusting something that you can't see touch or hear. this time you can see trust and hear but you have been taught to fear this trust in yourself. You have been taught to lean on others, not stand on your own.

because you dont know it you fear it...but if we are all shown our potential and encouraged we can move onto the next stage of humanity and grow and learn. nstead we are imprisoned by society, imprisoned and enslaved to the new World order. Taught to worship others, taught be docile and if you venture towards the curiousness of the consciousness you are ridiculed, morally chastised, you are going against all teachings, all that is "right" in our black and white society.....

so now you know why I don't say anthing, people think your crazy.........they cease to respect you and what you have to say. If most peoples teens came to them talking about glowing white hands they would take them straight off to the funny farm or drug detox. If an adult like me says it, they get looked at like they should have been locked up there years ago.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes, it is true...I have felt it, and so will you one day.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
neat link.
Now I think we can all agree that there is something here so how do we go about proving it and being able to tap it at will.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You might want to look into Jung's theories on the Collective Unconscious and synchronicity. Also related to apophenia. *Not to suggest anyone's mentally ill* just sharing some info.

Just for further disclosure, I'm quite sure there are people that have certain "abilities" and experiences denied to the rest of us (meaning me). I see guys dunk a basketball all the time. I never could. People write beautiful music and poetry. I can't. Just because I haven't experienced something, or am unable to do something doesn't mean I don't believe it can happen. I'm just not wired that way, apparently. Yes I've had synchronistic experiences, or at least experiences that could be labeled that way. But in my case, I think it's attributable to coincidence, since it's not only rare but virtually always involves something insignificant. Like thinking about someone I haven't seen for a year when the phone rings and there they are. Doesn't explain the thousands of times I've thought about someone and the phone doesn't ring.

Anyway, happy Halloween.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i knew about the building of the "genetic noahs ark" 4 months before it was announced on space.com

i drew an alex grey painting almost exact long before i was introduced to this artist

i keep haveing similiar things happen almost constantly

it all started after a very intence hallucinogenic experience where i witnessed wheels within wheels covered in eyes < a bunch of eyes in a sunflower seed pattern wich i took as a metaphor for infinite growing awareness>

and i think bill hicks said it best

"a young man on acid realised today that all matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration,we are all one mind experienceing itself subjectively, there is no death, life is a dream in wich we are the immagination of our self, heres tom with the weather"

pythagryas also said a rock is frozen music.

all in all im notice more and more people coming to this conclusion as of late as if something is happening. anyone care to talk get me on AIM as mindash2012 or www.myspace.com/mindash the answeres are comeing finally

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Strange, the universal existance, the subconciouse, or emptyness, the void between each moment, and if we can slip into the void we can become one with the future and with the past, and presant.

It seems as though months or sometimes a year or two before something happens I think to myself and therize about things that people should make or due, and Im allways supprized to eventually see it happen.

When Annacryst said; 'wheels within wheels covered in eyes < a bunch of eyes in a sunflower seed pattern wich i took as a metaphor for infinite growing awareness', it seems like a similer depiction of this infinite growing awarness; I was meditating and sah myself falling into water, submersing into the all, were I sah all material things eventually dissapear, eventually I came to a (lotus?) flower or ball that opened and was kind of purple and blue, I fell into it, and kept coming to thease flowers, each seemed like more and more fufilment (felt like), untill I came to another flower, this one was differant, I didnt move downward into new flowers I just stayed there trying to open it (the new one that 'felt differant), untill I realized I was using effort for a delusional purpose, or, for 'my' own advantage. So affter forgeting the 'self' of who I was, I opend it and everything spread out, the flower, like a cloud of ash moved outward from it (it was whight) and I could see all sides of the flower like becomeing one with it, untill everything turned whight. When the cloud of ash exploded outward in all direction, it was pushing and destroying all material things untill I could'nt recognize or see anything, only whight.

What about Bill Hicks?

When you can agree with all opinions (wether you think they are ‘right or not’) and when you can realize that there is nothing that creates you but others opinions (delusions) and the condition that you create for them to believe in such things (in there opinion), than you can truly live at peace with the world.

When you can agree with all opinions (wether you think they are ‘right or not’) and when you can realize that there is nothing that creates you but others opinions and the condition that you create for them to believe in such things (in there opinion), than you can truly live at peace with the world.

When you can agree with all opinions (wether you think they are ‘right or not’) and when you can realize that there is nothing that creates you but others opinions and the condition that you create for them to believe in such things, than you can truly live at peace with the world.

When you can agree with all opinions and when you can realize that there is nothing that creates you but others opinions and the condition that you create for them to believe in such things, than you can truly live at peace with the world.

[edit on 31/10/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well in a book I was reading I think " The amazing Brain" or something like that, there is a lot of speculation as to why people experiance certain things, Astrolprojection, clairvoyance, telekinesis, you know the works. Anyway The reason i think we all sort of tap into thoughts that aren't ours, futuristic or primitive or anything. Brain waves alpha, beta, gamma, all those weird energy waves that define our brains thoughts, motor function and living basically are not neccesarily bound by our laws of physic(specifically time and space.). Therefore these stray brain waves may be able to exist in two places at once in reality. Simply the subconcious recieves media from a whole other world than or concious mind, at the same time there are ways to manipulate the brain waves: Drugs, meditation, extreme situations of exhaustion or starvation, concentrated states like in martial arts and so on and so forth.

I have had a lot of interesting things happen to me too with this recently I started comming up with a bunch of quotes that after writing down and researching on the net found out were written by ancient greeks, romans, japanese any culture any time. I never remembered reading them it was just that they seemed so memorable to the point like I could remember were and why I had come up with it as if they were my own words. Of course they weren't though. freaky stuff. What number am i thinking of.
It's my numerological number.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't remember were i heard, or read this but I do remember it was with more than one person or book. There is apparently a mass consciousness enlightenment going on. slowly but surely this conectivity that we all feel is built into an all knowing thing and we reach the golden age. After a certain point it is an omnipitent presence without matter or energy it's just there between minds. In essence it sounds like a god or deity of some sort but maybe there is that possibility who knows our reality as I see it is pretty dull and nullified compared to the possibilites that exist with supreme super powers granted by a mass concsiousness.

Anyway this seems like a good spot to put the word orgone energy and it's possible applications to this theory!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join