It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity of all religions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Queenie, when I first started reading your posts you said you were a christian,
I beg to differ...I have never, in my whole entire life, at any point in time, ever professed to be a 'christian.' However, I have never hesitated to confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and was resurrected as the firstborn from the dead for the sake of my soul--and the rest of the world, too--although neither did I blurt it out unjudicially, either--God is a personal priority closest to my heart, and only very recently have I discussed these things with others. When I was young, I didn't want to be a 'hypocrite'--and so not being sure (in a child's humble way) if God considered me worthy of any such name after His Son's, I refrained from declaring myself anything. Over the years, to refer to myself as a 'christian' has increasingly felt exactly like a dirty word--veritable blasphemy; that's the honest-to-goodness truth of how I feel about calling myself 'christian.' I can't explain it--I have always gone with my heart's whispered urgings--and so far they have led me only closer to God and not away. So, for me, it is correct what I do in this regard.
Yet, there are many, such as yourself and Machine, for example, that equate the fact that I don't align myself with christianity and speak out against what you believe the bible says with being some sort of 'new age' self made whatever--and who knows what else you might think privately. Truly, that doesn't matter a bit, to me, anyway. I know God knows my heart better even than I do.

but what you believe doesn't agree with that, so a red flag came up for me.
No, what I supposedly 'believe' doesn't agree with what you think I should believe, based on what you believe. The truth is, I have but a very few absolute 'beliefs'--the rest evolves and grows as God reveals more and more to me--if I expected to stay the same (and since God doesn't change) I'd never reach the prize at the end. For the most part, none of it truly matters--the way I understand it--and the few convictions I hold in my heart have never changed. That would be the truth of the resurrection, the truth of Yehoshua being the anointed Messiah, and the Son of the Living God: who both lived and died for several reasons--rescue, truth, freedom, pardon, and access to the Holy of Holies for us all. The rest is details--regardless those details are my most frequent mental occupation in this life--I never tire of thinking about God and all that goes along with that.

From some posts it appears you believe in reincarnation.

That's not on my list of 'convictions'. I don't rule it out, nor absolutely affirm it--the idea of being able to perfect one's self by repeated incarnations is not one I feel is safe--it is pride and self-idolatry. I know, from experience, that the only way to get it right is with the help from God we've been provided. Nevertheless, that doesn't say in one way or another that we don't live more than once. The bible doesn't, so far to me, say anything firm either against or for--it's mysterious as far as that topic goes.

Now I am trying to understand better what you believe and why, so I'm just asking questions.
I understand that--I don't mind at all, really. But I must ask you to consider why you don't just take me at my word?--that I trust in God and in Messiah, and believe in the resurrection as true and real. Why must you assign a set of beliefs applicable to me, in order to categorize me somehow--or discern what I'm about? Can't you tell from my posts what kind of person I am, generally?

1st question-Are you talking about Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ from the Bible, who came and died for sin and was resurrected?
Same exact one--only His name was actually Yehoshua, not Jesus--there were no 'J's at that time. That's a Greek version, just like Christ is Greek for anointed, same as Messiah.

2nd-Assuming you are talking about the same Jesus I am, you say He had God consciousness within Him. I would like to know if you believe Jesus is God?
By consciousness, I mean exactly: spirit. Yehoshua was not God the Father, is not, and never will be. But He is from the Father, and is in Him now, His right hand and heir to creation. Yehoshua is our LORD, the authority over the world that He purchased. But He, Himself, said He was not God. It's hard to explain or understand, though, if confined by the reality of humanity--it is not so cut and dried in the spiritual reality.

3rd-Now you say that the christian religion is antichrist, so now I would definitely assume you are not a christian because of that statement, would that be correct?
Don't assume anything based on any statement I make--it's easy enough to avoid such a thing--since I pretty much just state outright what I mean--consistently. You judge before you hear, but you don't realize that you're doing it--you don't read my words but read your own reaction, most of the time.

The spirit of antichrist has nothing to do with what I call myself--but it did make some things clear to me that had puzzled me in regard to certain things in my life--like the idea of 'christian', for me, being a dirty word. But never did I think, for a minute, that things would reveal themselves to be like this--I could never have guessed or even made such a thing up--although I am not 'christian'--I have always been the 'live and let live' type--not judging anyone by my own choices. And so the whole thing has been rather hard to get over and it's bothered me more than I could say. The last thing I ever wanted to do, in life, was to say, to someone like you, that the thing you fear and anticipate is something you've been participating in--but if I don't say it--knowing as I know with the certainty that comes from my own incredulous reaction to these things--I know that not to say something is wrong--just as God told Ezekial. What you do with what I say is up to you--I won't condemn anyone or even suggest anyone is going to hell or whatever--God is teaching mankind a lesson, about following Him vs following our own hearts (or those of each other.) The lesson started in the Garden, with the tree and the serpent, and it's still going on until this day. And when it's all said and done, we'll all understand that God is True--and righteous beyond reproach.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This may be a little off topic, but I just had a thought:

To be a "Christian" is defined as one who is trying to be like Christ. (WWJD?)

Christ is accepted by many as GOD.

But, to want to be like GOD is a sin, right?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
This may be a little off topic, but I just had a thought:

To be a "Christian" is defined as one who is trying to be like Christ. (WWJD?)

Christ is accepted by many as GOD.

But, to want to be like GOD is a sin, right?

Quite the quagmire, isn't it? I've had thoughts almost identical to yours...when you step back and look (at a lot of things in human life, not just religion) it's undoubtedly the proverbial 'no win' situation.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join