It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unique video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is something special for all aviation fans: flight video of soviet experimental VTOL platform Turboljot.
www.hitechweb.szm.sk/Xtras/Turboljot.part1.rar to part6.rar Together 25 MB.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hmm, pretty interesting...
The chopper (or whatever it is) looks too strange to be really modern... When was this project founded...?

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry, I forgot some historical details. It was testbed platform for projected Yak-36 VSTOL experimental fighter. It flew in 1956 - because that it is unique

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok, cool, thah explains the look... A very interesting projct indeed...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looking like that you would think it was unique wouldn't you. Amazingly, it isn't, here is the Rolls Royce Thrust Measuring Rig, popularly called the 'Flying Bedstead' which flew in August 1954 and was the first jet borne VTOL 'aircraft' in the world.

There is one mistake in the article linked below, it states that the vehicle was called XA 314, this is not the case, XA314 was its serial number in the standard British military registration sequence (AA100 TO ZZ999, current serials are in the ZK range)

Flying Bedstead

[edit on 29-10-2005 by waynos]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Good call waynos I did recal seeing the bedstead in pictures i wasn't sure when it was created though so thanks for that "timbit" of info. Wasn't the bedstead or something liek it used to train the astronauts for moon landings? In going to look up the info but is someone has else has some knowledge of this trainer that would be great.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
www.daviddarling.info...

Found info on the Lunar Landing Research Vehicle (LLRV) as they called it there is a picture in the link. It was developed in the 60's after the original flying bedstead but was sometimes called the same name.
Here is link with even more info.
www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

they used the LLRV to simulate the gravity free fall that they would have to pilot from 1500 ft to the surface. it woudl be piloted up to alt and then thrust was reduced to five sixth of what was needed to keep the LLRV flying to simulate moon free fall.

What i originally remebered is that neil armstrong had a close call with the LLRV early on when it went out of control and he had to eject.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Waynos: I know Rolls-Royce TMR. Turboljot is not unique by its existence, but because I found VIDEO of that. And when you want to find some moving pictures of some soviet experimental or secret flying device from this era, it is REALLY DIFFICULT.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Understood Matej
It looked as if you thought the vehicle was unique in one of your replies, I understand now.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My server fall down for a long time, but I hope, that now it will works. Here is another unique video [3.5 MB]. Early soviet spaceplane MiG 105 Spiral in flight!

www.hitechweb.szm.sk/Xtras/MiG105Spiral.mpg

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the episode of Myth Busters on the Discovery channel where they tried to build a VTOL backpack device that didnt work? In the show they went to some aircraft muesem and looked at an aircraft similair to the ones shown in the first pics, but I didnt catch the name. I believe it was US built in the 60's and jet powered. If anyone has anymore info I woud appreciate it. thanks

new topics

top topics

join