It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distraction of The Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm not really following the Libby and Rove thing. But to me it's a controversary that is just being exploited to deter the publics attention away from the more pressing issues at hand such as war and economy. The issue of Libby and Rove has no direct connection with everyone's daily life but the economy and the war does.

Is this Bush's Monica Lewinsky?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Oooo, good question, and would make perfect sense in this perspective.
Perhaps Bush is using this as his little whore to try and divert the attention away from the big issues at hand that will be affecting us this winter, in a big way, the economy, raising gas prices, and our gas bills? These issues won't leave alot of middle class American's with much disposable income. Is the economy about to bust?

I recently read an article in the washinton times about how department stores are bringing the christmas items out earlier because they want to get into people's pockets before winter comes because they mentioned the fact that our gas bills would be up 30% and gas prices for our vehicles would also hamper our abilities to spend more around the christmas season. Usually they wait until the day after thanksgiving to bring the christmas stuff out, but they too are worried about their profits. It's little things like this that add up, and with records gas profits going on right now, it does smell of something rotten. American's are going to be screwed this year, while the bourgeoise in this country get to have their cake and eat it too.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It is a highly important issue when it comes to our national security.

What if Al Gore and his staff were involved in criminal activity? I could just hear it now. Ousting an undercover agent is a big crime and punishable. And rightly so. It doesnt matter if its the Bush administration or the Clinton one. This is much bigger than Watergate, and its not over yet.

No, the war, the daily speeches by the president, photo ops and Fox's reluctance to get to the meat of the real problems (reporting instead on white missing people) is the diversion. Something as BIG as these indictments and the motives and how high up the ladder they go should be the focus today.

Now Rove bought himself some time. I beleive now we have to worry more than ever. There's a window of opportunity for a "diversion" here to take the heat off Rove, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I'm not really following the Libby and Rove thing. But to me it's a controversary that is just being exploited to deter the publics attention away from the more pressing issues at hand such as war and economy. The issue of Libby and Rove has no direct connection with everyone's daily life but the economy and the war does.

I thkink not, these only emphasizes that the Bush administration is seriously screwing things up.
This case is not only about wilsons wife exposed as a CIA noc agent, its also about twisting evidence that suggested Irak had WMD`s.
This certainly doesnt deter public attention, it enhances it because the WMD`s and the war in Irak are closely linked.

I dont get your logic that Monica Lewinsky was a attention deterent, as this was clearly a republican produced attack on Bill Clinton as a person that humiliated him.

This is a huge blow for the Bush adminstration and you might see a real public attention deterent in the coming weeks, maybe Bin Laden coming to the rescue

Sometimes the rabbit hole is deep, sometimes it isnt.

new topics

top topics

join