It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most haunted - "its a fake"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has publically stated that the show is ""showmanship and dramatics."" These claims have been damaging and UK Living is looking into the claims that the show fakes ghost activity.

THE TV show that has spooked millions with its footage of hauntings and poltergeists is today exposed as a fake - by one its own stars.

Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics."

He accuses the show's medium Derek Acorah of hoodwinking viewers by pretending to communicate with spirits and obtaining information about locations prior to filming.

The Mirror has also obtained unedited footage which appears to show presenter Yvette Fielding and her husband faking 'paranormal' occurrences such as ghostly bumps and knocks.

Full story

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
god in nz we have a program like that,these people go to house's "old house's" of course and you never saw the ghost you just heard it, was pretty stupid,then the "communication expert" on the show bought some device that was supposed to pick up ghost talking and it heard a little girl saying go away in perfect voice it was so dull!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Most Haunted has a large cult base and brother is a huge of the show. If this is proved to be true, then its an insult to all the fans who believed the show to be real and truthful. One the first show, Most Haunted stated "nothing was fake" and if they caught nothing they would show it, but over the last series its becoming odd that they happen to catch something ever show and things happen when the camera isn't there. If something is moved, there is only one camera shot so you cannot rule out pranks.

Its a shame really.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well I am glad she spoke out, good on her...
and to tell the truth....there are enough real stories out there not to have to fake it...

shame on them..lets hope they face charges

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
like the show in nz whenever somthing moves the camera is never there,i do believe in ghosts butjust some shows just are so obviously fake that ya just wtach them for a laugh or is a part of you saying it's all real thus why you keep watching it?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We must take into consideration that "the mirror" is a tabloid and will make up articles to get sales.

But if it did turn out to be true, they should just stop making the programs now, as the fanbase will feel betrayed and will never watch the show again.

This does not account for the orbs, just Derek Acorah messing about, that is probably the reason why he is leaving Most Haunted after this "most haunted live" shoot

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

But if it did turn out to be true, they should just stop making the programs now, as the fanbase will feel betrayed and will never watch the show again.

Agreed. I think this will damage Most Haunted true or not, fans will find it hard to trust certain parts of the show and evidence they catch.

This does not account for the orbs, just Derek Acorah messing about, that is probably the reason why he is leaving Most Haunted after this "most haunted live" shoot

Now, the orbs are interesting, what if they have somehow faked that? if they have gone to that length to fake everything, there is going to be a ALOT of fans calling for blood.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
LOL...the associated forums are throwing up the expected levels of debate...

“Well, I think O'Keefe is a liar. The crew would NEVER fake anything, they have too much to loose and Derek is such a kind and caring person. I've had my own experiences and I am never wrong so I know that it is all real”

“I think it's disgraceful. . . . . I sincerely hope it finishes all their 'careers', especially Derek Acorah.
But then again, if Derek loses his job, who will keep Elizabeth Duke jewellery in business???”

It's good to see that such polarisation doesn't only exist on ATS!!!

(Edit: Spelling)

[edit on 29-10-2005 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
People are surprised? When half your investigation is "I feel a presence, Hey stop grabbing my @#$!"?

SHow sucks, right up there with PRS.

TAPS is the only good one out there.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Well I am glad she spoke out, good on her...
and to tell the truth....there are enough real stories out there not to have to fake it...

shame on them..lets hope they face charges

If this claim does turn out to be true can Most Haunted actually be charged with something?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
If this claim does turn out to be true can Most Haunted actually be charged with something?

Yes, i think so, Most Haunted states it doesn't fake anything and everything it catches is real. If that is not the case, and everything is fake, yes, they may face fines.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well I have to say I enjoy the program but have gotten tired of Derek and his possessions. I also have to laugh that no matter where they go someone has committed suicide or been killed violently - or been a baad evil person.....Maybe this is just their way of brining in a new person?

I'll be watching the specials -- I love seeing the places they go to anyway. In fact I'll be checking out the webcams tonight at 4 to 7 EST.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
Well I have to say I enjoy the program but have gotten tired of Derek and his possessions. I also have to laugh that no matter where they go someone has committed suicide or been killed violently - or been a baad evil person.....Maybe this is just their way of brining in a new person?

Thats what me and my brother were saying...

Its very predictable now, have Most Haunted released a statement about the show being faked?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
oh i really hope that show isnt all fake. Whether it be fake or not, its good entertainment imo.

now thats the important word - entertainment. Am I being entertained because its so real / paranormal and something I don't understand? Or am I being entertained because its fake ?

I love most haunted and have only recently bought another box set...I might buy another box soon and cry...

A BOX OF TISSUES THAT IS

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Most Haunted has always said it wasn't entertainment and it was trying to prove something existed. We are forgetting the Most Haunted stated nothing is fake and everything is real that happens.

CX

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Whilst Derek Acorah is actualy supposed to be a very good medium, theres also something that came to light a while ago which makes rather amusing reading. As most fans of Most Haunted know, Derek seems to get possesed almost every time he goes to a place. The following is an extract from a website expelling the myths of thee mediums such as Derek Acorah.....sorry if its a bit long but it does makes amusing reading....

Here is the extract from the following site:

www.doublexposure.co.uk...

"Most Haunted

Bodmin Gaol, Cornwall

KREED KAFER = DEREK FAKER

During the first episode of series 6 of Most Haunted, at Bodmin gaol, they finally broadcast something I had been waiting for, for months.

If you hadn't already realised, Derek Acorah had fallen for one of the funniest stitch ups ever.

When they were filming the episode, a couple of people decided to have a bit of fun and they created a character, a South African man called Kreed Kafer.

They deliberately talked about this fictitious character in earshot of Derek, hoping that he would use it during filming.

At the most they hoped he may say the name while "talking" with Sam, or round a Ouija board, but what they got was so much better, Derek actually became possessed by Kreed Kafer!

Of course there was no record of such a name, and LivingTV proudly put it on a caption that there was no records of such a person. They also spelt it Creed Kaifer, but as there was no records of this person, how would they know how it was spelt? So if you spell it phonetically, as Derek pronounced it you get Kreed Kafer which was what was originally intended. Anyway at this point it was too late. As soon as they aired that clip, hundreds of people put the parts together and spotted something that just didn't fit.

Kreed Kafer was the name spoken by Derek when they asked who had possessed him. But Kreed Kafer is an anagram of Derek Faker.

How can his loyal fans dismiss this major cock up by Derek?

Simply put they can't, some will deny it happened, some will say it's just wild coincidence. But I knew, in fact I had warned quite a few people to keep a close eye on his possession before the show even started.

Imagine their surprise when they realised what had happened. I decided to email Richard Wolfe the head of Living TV, below is the email I sent him, as of yet I have received no reply, if I do I will publish it here.....

"Dear Sir,

I would like to bring to your attention the following,

Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951.

(1) Subject to the provisions of this section, any person who-

(a) with intent to deceive purports to act as spiritualistic medium or to exercise any powers of telepathy, clairvoyance or other similar powers, or

(b) in purporting to act as a spiritualistic medium or to exercise such powers as aforesaid, uses any fraudulent device, shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) A person shall not be convicted of an offence under the foregoing subsection unless it is provided that he acted for reward; and for the purposes of this section a person shall be deemed to act for reward if any money is paid, or other valuable thing given in respect of what he does, whether to him or any other person.

During last nights broadcasted Most Haunted at Bodmin, Derek Acorah "did" a possession of a South African called Kreed Kafer, as you probably already know Kreed Kafer is an anagram of Derek Faker, and during the filming of the episode, a couple of people for a laugh wanted to see if they could catch Derek out, they talked about this character within ear shot of Derek.

After yet another over the top ridiculous possession, it was plain for everyone to see that Derek had been stitched up.

Now if you read the Fraudulent Mediums Act then you are well within your rights to dismiss Derek Acorah and even claim damages against him.

I hope you will take this email seriously, as you have many Most Haunted fans out there who are seriously disillusioned with the show right now, and this continued protection of this man will eventually turn every fan against not only Most Haunted but also LivingTV.

I will be forwarding a copy of this message to the Tabloid Newspapers as well as Derek Acorahs manager Gwen.

I await your reply

Jon"

Now i would love to be a fly on the wall when Derek gets that message on his desk! Funnily enough, Derek won't be doing the next series of Most Haunted, Evette Fielding was on the radio with Chris Moyles yesterday morning and all Chris was doing was taking the mick out of Derek getting possessed lol.....sounded like a butch Lilly Savage!

Oh well, whether its real or not, it makes funny viewing.

CX

[edit on 29-10-2005 by CX]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
sounded like a butch Lilly Savage!
[edit on 29-10-2005 by CX]

This is TOTALLY off topic but I have to know something....What is a butch lilly savage? I've never heard the expression before and i've no doubt i'll be using it in a sentence before long, If I only knew what it meant.

GOD I love the English, especially when it impresses me and I have no idea what the heck was even said.

Wupy

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
loool

ok a butch lilly savage ! i'l try and explain...

lilly savage is a character in the uk, a cross dressing man pretending to be female and is very funny !

she / he has a funny deep kinda sounding voice anyway...so a butch Lilly Savage lol..........

just have a think

[edit on 29-10-2005 by Arawn]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oh my, I just finished watching the show with my daughter and she said that it looked fake.

I like it, I mean it was interesting it was about a cellar and some violence that happen there or something like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I saw an epsiode of MOST HAUNTED - California recently and I gotta tell ya.

Fakest thing I ever saw.

Some documentary I was watching today in the "Is it real?" marathon on National Geographic really sealed it for me.

There are no ghosts. None. Even shows that "hunt them" like Ghosts Hunters on Sci Fi pretty much prove that every week.

Nessie? Dead.

Big Foot and OgoPogo though? That's real.

Alien abductions? Not.

What else do you want to know? I'm spilling Illuminati secrets until the coffee runs out.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join