It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Murder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There was an interesting article (first of a series) in the innagural issue of Bro. Stephen Dafoe's "Masonic Magazine" about the Morgan Affair. I think it is highly probable that some members of Morgan's lodge did indeed murder him. It is very interesting that right after Morgan went missing, the lodge split. I guess we'll never really know for sure, but I am looking forward to the article in the next issue; the first one was very interesting.

[edit on 11/21/2005 by JustMe74]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Anything is possible, but still, there are more unanswered questions involved:

1. If Morgan was indeed murdered by Masons, why would his "widow" have remarried twice, both times to Masons? It doesn't seem plausible that she would have done this if she thought the Masons really did kill Morgan. Secondly, the second "remarriage" was to none other than Joseph Smith. Was Morgan also somehow involved in early Mormonism, and did this play a role in his disappearance?

2. Morgan was a known scalawag. He lied about being a captain in the army, he lied about being a Mason in order to rack up on Masonic charity, he was a known drunk and wife beater, and had a lot of creditors. Could it be he faked his death in order to get away from all that? Morgan was reportedly seen alive a decade later by several unbiased persons with no relation to either Freemasonry or anti-Masonry. Could the guy they saw that looked like Morgan actually have been him?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Could it be he faked his death in order to get away from all that? Morgan was reportedly seen alive a decade later by several unbiased persons with no relation to either Freemasonry or anti-Masonry. Could the guy they saw that looked like Morgan actually have been him?

Not only that, but could the whole affair have been made to publicize his book?
What better way to sell your work than to be "murdered" by the conspiracy that you are "outing"?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
...If Morgan was indeed murdered by Masons, why would his "widow" have remarried twice, both times to Masons? ... Morgan was a known drunk and wife beater ...

Methinks you've answered your own question!

Personally I don't question the possibility that he was murdered -- even by an overzealous Mason or two. Seems though that all the evidence adds up to him having disappeared, alive -- and moved on to easier pickings elsewhere.

DD

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
isn't there a belief among mormons (or early mormons) that freemasons made up the majority of the mob that killed joseph smith? i heard that smith had appropriated some of the rituals of masonry to his new belief and this was frowned upon by certain masons. i also heard that smiths funeral was faked and that rocks were in the coffin, the real burial happened in the freshly dug basement at a house being built in nauvoo. apparently this was done because of a rumor that enemies(masons) were after smiths head.

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Nagell]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It must have been a huge conspiracy by the evil Americans and their cold and logical President; plotting against the poor Masons because the Masonic lodges were being closed in the States on fair charges and with good reason. Amazing, I hate Bush too but at least I don’t claim the next door American is plotting against me; only Masons seem to infer that.

Besides, it’s not like it’s ever been easy to investigate a secret society anyhow. YES, it is secret! They can’t blame Leo Taxil, so I guess Morgan must have been murdered by the Christians, even though he just finished warning them.

And just when does a lodge become part of a conspiracy? Our mostly Masonic officals tell us that Muslims took down the towers and to trust Cheney and Bush and then they tell us to not trust JQ Adams and the rest of America who had the President speaking on people's own behalf.

No, for a Masonic lodge to be involved (in any possible way) they have to find ALL members were part of the conspiracy; never mind that top officials were involved, they are not Masons anyhow.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

E.A. Poe was one of my favorite writers when I was a teen, I guess I had a seriously dark streak in me when I was going through the puberty thing, but I don't think I'd use a drunken opiate addict as a witness against an entire organization.

poe a drunken opiate addict? i thiought that because of his sensitivity to alcohol(a glass of wine would make him violently ill for days) by the time of his death at 40 he almost always avoided it(although he had problems with it in his youth). i personally like the belief that poe died from rabies.
i wouldn't address such a great writer as simply a drunken opiate addict anyway.
"Everthing leads to Poe" - allen ginsberg

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nagell
isn't there a belief among mormons (or early mormons) that freemasons made up the majority of the mob that killed joseph smith?

Some of those involved were Masons, but I've never heard that the majority were. Smith had recently ordered that a local newspaper publishing house be burned down because it had been critical of the Mormon Church. Furthermore, the First Presidency of the Church had crowned Smith king, and sponsored his run for the U.S. presidency, and he was already instituting a theocracy locally. There is also evidence that Smith and Brigham Young had ordered the deaths of several Mormons under their archaic "blood atonement" doctrine. These things didn't sit well with the non-Mormons, regardless of whether they were Masons.

i heard that smith had appropriated some of the rituals of masonry to his new belief and this was frowned upon by certain masons.

This is correct. The Mormon Endowment Ceremony was viewed by many as a clandestine Masonic rite, although most just considered it a plagiarism of Masonry.

i also heard that smiths funeral was faked and that rocks were in the coffin, the real burial happened in the freshly dug basement at a house being built in nauvoo. apparently this was done because of a rumor that enemies(masons) were after smiths head.

I've never heard that story. Personally, I doubt that anyone was after his head, but I have no doubt that many considered Smith and his early followers to be a very dangerous cult.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join