It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus: Son of God... or just a drug pusher?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
xu

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
negativenihil, it will be off topic but your avatar disturbed my firewall, its link directs the firefox to connect to the avatar image through port 8090 (http:// accessdenied.org.nyud.net:8090/~zero/ats.jpg ) what happened to good old port:80. it would be better if it wouldnt try to use a non-standard port so the viewers including me could tame their net security paranoias more easily.

I just wanted to state the above but since I hacked through, about topic. I dont think any of the prophets are just you usual drug addicts, but they are great researchers and thinkers because the religions are not easy to design, plus the work they put together doesnt just form from thin air, but been gathered from previously existed philosophies and contrusted with research and lots of thinking. if these people would use a substance it would be as a tool, not just for having good time and seeing flower shapes fly around.

if you ask if any of these type of substances could be found at that age, they existed but Im not sure if they were known, mushrooms, and the saliva of a frog (a very colorful one) which lives in the amazon if Im not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think that we are all sons and doughters of God! SO was he- Yes he was, but a much more prominent one!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Why do you think that drug usage is necessary for the disciples to follow Him? Jim Jones didn't get his followers to follow him to the koolaid pitcher with drugs, and he has a couple thousand, and you don't believe Christ picked tweleve guys to be His disciples without mind-altering drugs? Furthermore, there is no reason to believe this was the case.

I don't feel it was necessary, however, short of claiming some sort of divine magic how could you explaine Jesus walking on water? If Jesus had fed his followers some sort of mind altering substance, then who's to say it wouldn't be hard to convince them that they were seeing him walk on water?

Additionally, Chuck's family weren't following him because of hallucinogenics; they followed him because eh was charismatic, and they were weak-minded, gullible morons.

Add '___' to that mix... and you've got quite a dangerous combination. (The Manson family would be VERY open to suggestion, especally under the influence of '___'.)

Some of the Manson family have said they weren't sure if Charlie Manson was taking '___' along with them... or if he was just "guiding" the trip. If that's the case, then Manson had a very strong advantage over these people, thus ensuring his "control" over them.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xu
negativenihil, it will be off topic but your avatar disturbed my firewall, its link directs the firefox to connect to the avatar image through port 8090 (http:// accessdenied.org.nyud.net:8090/~zero/ats.jpg ) what happened to good old port:80. it would be better if it wouldnt try to use a non-standard port so the viewers including me could tame their net security paranoias more easily.

The link to my avatar is set up as such to use the Coral Cache system, thus ensuring my little web server on my cable modem doesn't get completely overwhelmed.

check it out:

www.coralcdn.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayetnah they may have had magic mushies back in those days but i doubt all the chemicals in '___' were readily available...

dmt is a natural chemical found not only in our own chem make-up but in all sorts of plants as well!

it's plausible!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

If Jesus did exist he was certainly hopped-up on something.

You might enjoy this book. The Sacred Mushroom And The Cross. Penned in 1970 by John M. Allegro.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join