It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Religion(not ment to offend anyone)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ok, this thread is not ment to offend anyone that is religious and is cerntainly not ment to change your way of thinking just because this is what i believe

Well, Im not a very religious person to begin with so I dont deny that its true nor do i say that it is all true, i simply do not know.
But, I have been thinking about it all for a while now, and Ive been thinking, what if god and satan is actually just a form of symbolism? of course god being good and satan being bad, (do remeber im not denying there ever being a "jesus", Im talking about God and Satan)what if everything you were ever told was all a lie, made by generations and generations of stories, i like to look at it as a game of telephone, you can get a group of 30 people and tell one person something, by the end its almost always different, so how can we trust something 2000 years old passed from generation to genertaion, you cant simply just say well, i know everything is true, you jsut dont, no one does.

Now onto Jesus, i cant deny that he was an actual person because there is just so many things saying that he was real, but, what I am questioning is if he really was a decentant of god? If anyone here remebers(I of course dont, I heard about this event on TV) I heard of a person from the 80's that claimed he was also a decentant of god, well people of course thought he was crazy and i guess he had commited some crimes(off the top of my head i remeber he was a polygimist) and do you know what we did, we baracaded him inside his own home and burned down his house, what if thinking that your the divine savior is somewhat a mental defect? maybe jesus had that defect and of course we certainly didn't have the technowledgy to know that, maybe we'll never know, but im just saying, why be told how to feel, and what to believe, why not question it, form your own opinions, to me, it seems better to form your own ideas then listen and conform to everyone elses.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

i like to look at it as a game of telephone, you can get a group of 30 people and tell one person something, by the end its almost always different, so how can we trust something 2000 years old passed from generation to genertaion, you cant simply just say well, i know everything is true, you jsut dont, no one does.

I agree, except I believe that there is some basic fundamental truths that inspired all of the world's religions. I just think that over time the meaning has been has been completely lost, and now people don't even know why they worship the way they do. People don't even think about what they are saying when in church for the most part I have noticed from person experience of my parents dragging me to church. They just kind of repeat things without even thinking about it. I know there are some exceptions and people who know their faith very well, but I would speculate that this is very few compared to the number who simply follow. I must admit that the people who call themselves Christian and only go to church on Easter and Christmas Eve, yet consider themselves so holy and perfect, do sicken me.

It's not just Christianity though. I'm sure that all religions have been distorted this same way. I believe that spirituality is supposed to be an active quest, not passively sitting and following someone else's sermons which just keep going in circles every week.

As for the Jesus thing, I do believe Jesus came here to help us. It is my personal belief that he came to teach us all that we were capable of the things he did, and that we should turn within more to find God. ""and greater works than these shall you do"He was meant to be more of a Buddha figure and help us develop our own path. But what did they do? They had to go and worship him, instead of his ideas. And so people keep calling out praying for Jesus to save them, when he has already given them everything they need to know, but it has been distorted past helpfulness over the year into a religion that worships him, rather than learns from him.

Of course, these are just my personal beliefs. And they are in the SW forum, so take them for what you will.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Mod Edit: Removed Offensive Post

[edit on 4/21/07 by FredT]

new topics

join