It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List the people you DO believe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There needs to be threads about people we do believe are telling the truth. Well, here is my list.

Right now, I believe most everybody involved in The Disclosure Project. The only one I'm truly skeptical of is Clifford Stone, and only because of the multitude of claims he has made. Stone has done some things to help the cause of ufology by bringing to light several documents through the FOIA.

Bob Dean and his story about the "cosmic top secret" alien threat assessment document that NATO has seems fairly credible from all the accounts I've read.

The witnesses of the Rendlesham forest sighting of 1980 are beyond reproach in credibility, IMO. Charles Halt's reports and tape are among the best proof of a cover up yet. Shame that nothing is done with regards to this incident.

Astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell have given me no reason to doubt their sanity with regards to their claims of witnessing or hearing about UFOs.

As for deceased believable people, I trust Paul Hill and Donald Keyhoe. Ex-CIA head Hillenkoetter's involvement in ufology also gives me every reason to believe he knew something.

About the only abductees I believe are Betty and Barney Hill and Stan Romanek. Romanek's case is backed up by the multitude of video and witnesses taken of the sightings that have surrounded this man.

As for researchers, I don't think Stanton Friedman is a supplier of disinformation. He may be given disinformation at times in the form of forged documents, but the man himself appears to genuinely be interested in finding the truth and I feel he has found some.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know this is OT but is your icon from the upright citizens brigade?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The people I do believe!! Well I`d start with none of them and move on from there. I don`t really believe everything they all say, I am inclined to trust the intentions of some over others however.

Stan Freidman, and tim Good (there are others I kinda trust) most of the others I would n`t trust let alone believe. I would however stay well away from anything Steven Greer has himself involved with ie the disclosure project. Al Beliek is anoher most unworthy, Linda Moulton Howe gets a special mention for being silly in the field of research, the list goes on.

There are just to many people involved in these things now to put the majority of them in anything but the con man category. Nancy Leider seems a good case in point.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i agree with the thread at this point, with the exception of the Hill's. I would have to say it has to do with the publics perception of the aliens at that time in history and the somewhat questionable method of hypnosis. I think they believed they saw something...i just think they contrived the rest from from inner experience translated thru the semi conscious hynotised mind. Not on purpose... But in the same way that the "infamous" "satans children" under hynosis all have similiar accounts of satanic ritual abuse. When the public figures and parents/relatives they accused were all entirely innocent. Subliminal programming. Stan Freedman is kinda questionable though. I'll reserve my judgement until further info comes forward.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
"Stan Freedman is kinda questionable though. I'll reserve my judgement until further info comes forward"

There is a hell of a lot of stuff on Stan Freidman. Theres a lot on the web and quite alot in UFO books as well. Let me know if you want some links.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
There needs to be threads about people we do believe are telling the truth. Well, here is my list.

Right now, I believe most everybody involved in The Disclosure Project. The only one I'm truly skeptical of is Clifford Stone, and only because of the multitude of claims he has made. Stone has done some things to help the cause of ufology by bringing to light several documents through the FOIA.

Bob Dean and his story about the "cosmic top secret" alien threat assessment document that NATO has seems fairly credible from all the accounts I've read.

The witnesses of the Rendlesham forest sighting of 1980 are beyond reproach in credibility, IMO. Charles Halt's reports and tape are among the best proof of a cover up yet. Shame that nothing is done with regards to this incident.

Astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell have given me no reason to doubt their sanity with regards to their claims of witnessing or hearing about UFOs.

As for deceased believable people, I trust Paul Hill and Donald Keyhoe. Ex-CIA head Hillenkoetter's involvement in ufology also gives me every reason to believe he knew something.

About the only abductees I believe are Betty and Barney Hill and Stan Romanek. Romanek's case is backed up by the multitude of video and witnesses taken of the sightings that have surrounded this man.

As for researchers, I don't think Stanton Friedman is a supplier of disinformation. He may be given disinformation at times in the form of forged documents, but the man himself appears to genuinely be interested in finding the truth and I feel he has found some.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by heelstone]

I agree with HeelStone.

It's absurd to think that the millions who have come out and made claims are either lying are crazy. I just don't believe that.

I believe in Robert Dean, Steven Greer and the Disclosure Project, Gordon Cooper and the "millions" of eyewitnesses over the years.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im going to jump in here with a few comments. First off, I have been at this UFO game for just over 25 years. I would like to say Ive seen it all, and read it all, but as you know the truth dosn't come all at once. It only comes in bits and pieces, wrapped in a whole bunch of disinfomation.

Some of the things I have learned are as follows:

1. There are too many different types of "Aliens"
(If there were this many in reality, you would be bumping into them at the grocery store, but that isnt happening)

So something else must be happening. It is my contention that most all of the "aliens" are in fact, disinformation, themselves, with the only real objective of muddying the water for investigators. This isnt to say the people who say they saw them are lying, but rather the aliens themselves are part of a disinformation program in itself, that created the aliens just for that pourpose. We humans are living proof that genetic eningering isnt new. If in doubt, check with Lloyd Pye.

2. The US Gov bought into this disinformation early on.
(Some people in the Gov had full knowledge of the truth and reality of the UFO situation via secret society connections, while others truly believed the disinfo of the "imposter Aliens".)

This would explain why everything was covered up. The ones who new the truth about the decietful aliens were in reality working for them, furthering there covert agenda, while the honest Gov employes honestly felt a disclosure would be too much for the public to bare, but unaware of the covert agents they worked with. At any rate, if the Gov went public with what they knew, and had done, they would loose all crediability. But they have lost that anyways! And that is what the aliens wanted in the first place. The degraduation, and collaps of the US Gov, and America!

3. There are only 4 sources of "Aliens". a. The White Light Orbs b. The Souroids, or Reptillians c. The Ancient ones, or the Giants of biblical times, who still live in a classified place and d. Ones created by human beings

(You must try to remember that this planet is 5 billion years old, and vertually all of that time is unaccounted for. If you want the truth you must start your search there before you run off looking to the stars, chasing real myths and fairy tales that were disigned as a roose. Look up, look up, see the UFO in the sky, Look up.)

By, God, you better start looking DOWN!

Who do I believe in? Who do you think!

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
One's ability to believe others probably has a lot to do with their own honesty and open mindedness.

Sometimes you have to believe someone until they prove to you otherwise.

Yes there are scammers in Ufology, just follow the money trail to find them.

The other kind of scammers are those that are not in it for the long haul, they want a quick and fast return of some kind.

now ASE,

Why should there be X types of aliens? If one masters time and space travel then would not the earth just be like taking a vacation to see the animals and jungles of africa from the safety of your protective vehicle? Is that so outlandish a thought?

Your second arguement I agree with but want to add that the government did not fully know what they were dealing with. Now they are in over their heads and to save themselves they have to follow the desires of the aliens. What is really sad is that many people that post here every day lather at the idea of the collapse of the US. Like wishing for your own death isn't it?

Your third proposition is related to my answer to your first one. The groups you mentioned plus nearly an unlimited number of others.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
what about the security officer at Dulce who revealed all edwin castello then after his interview he disappeared he stated in his interview aswell his wife and kid had disappeard and his brother aswell he seemed fairly genuine although it was 3rd hand

Graham

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
this might not ad or take away from the discussion, but in my opinion, and i think i heard this somewhere. dis-information is information in reverse. read between the lines and draw your own conclusions. in that sence everybody is right.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
this might not ad or take away from the discussion, but in my opinion, and i think i heard this somewhere. dis-information is information in reverse. read between the lines and draw your own conclusions. in that sence everybody is right.

dis�in�for�ma�tion n.

1.Deliberately misleading information announced publicly or leaked by a government or especially by an intelligence agency in order to influence public opinion or the government in another nation: �He would be the unconscious channel for a piece of disinformation aimed at another country's intelligence service� (Ken Follett).

2. Dissemination of such misleading information.

No, I don't think disinformation is correct in any manner. Especially with regards to extraterrestrials. The kind of disinformation we get is from people who have shady backgrounds, spew tons of alien myths, and then add their own upon it. That was the case with Bob Lazar, Phil Schneider and William Cooper.

It is my belief tha the higher backgrounds of many of the figures in The Disclosure Project and their lesser claims are what is actually true and should be believed.

Oh, and this isn't adding to this conversation. More like derailing it.

[Edited on 20-9-2003 by heelstone]

top topics

join