It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amityville Horror Pic

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i'd really like to believe the Amityville story; the novelization was one of the few books that have ever truly frightened me.

but didn't George and Kathy come forward at one point and admit the story was a hoax?

i can't substantiate that with a link, and i'd love to hear otherwise, but for some reason it seems i remember the Lutzes giving up on their evidently manufactured story.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
i'd really like to believe the Amityville story; the novelization was one of the few books that have ever truly frightened me.

but didn't George and Kathy come forward at one point and admit the story was a hoax?

i can't substantiate that with a link, and i'd love to hear otherwise, but for some reason it seems i remember the Lutzes giving up on their evidently manufactured story.

THE LUTZ'S George and Cathy both have sadly passed away in the last 18 months...but they stook to their original story unlike some others in this bizarre case.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
oh wow. that sucks, I had no idea. I hope this was of natural causes?

and thanks for letting me know they stuck by the story; I suppose I was misled at some point in the past, which doesn't seem unlikely given the nature of the subject at hand.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, but I do have some trivia for you if it wasen't already mentioned. Last year HGTV (Home and Garden TV channel) did a special halloween show on Oct 31 late at night. It featured different houses in horror movies, and one of them was the house used in the original Amityville horror show.

I'll let you know everything I can remember on that segment. The house that was used in the movie was not the original Amityville house. They stated that the original was torn down. They never said if it was rebuilt or not. The producers looked for a house that closely resembled the original Amityville house. They found one with the right type of floor plan, stare case, railing, and etc.

They did have to put a false front on the house to make it look like the original on the outside though. The owners of that house decided to keep the flase front after the movie was done. They grew attached to it.

If I'm remembering correctly, there were no ghost distrubances there before or after the film was created. I have no idea if the new Amityville horror pic will be done with this house or another one. That segiment of the show did give a nice walk through the rooms and the fake front. It showed what it looked like on the inside as well as the outside.

One other thing I remember them mentioning is that there were alot of tourists visiting the house thinking it was the real Amityville house, when it wasen't.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
. They stated that the original was torn down. They never said if it was rebuilt or not. [edit on 4-11-2006 by Mystery_Lady]

The real house is still there and is lived in ,it's at 112 ocean ave,amityville, new york,i wouldnt normally post adresses but this is well known.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Okay, I had never read up much on this so last night I did because of this thread. First off, that pic is so creepy that for the first time since I've lived in this strange house of my own, I didn't want to go upstairs by myself. Then, after I read the story of the mass murders (which I had never read about before) I stayed right here on the couch until Springer was ready to go to bed.

Even though I personally believe the whole haunted story by the Gutz people was a load of dookie (It just appears there's way too much evidence supporting that), if that pic was taken in that house - there's something mighty wrong.

I think the thing that disturbed me the most was learned on the page where the portraits are featured. Here are the things that bothered me:

1. The kid definitely looks like one of the boys.
2. The member who did an anlysis of the picture stated she thought he was holding a teddy bear.
3. The portrait of the boys hung on the first landing
and the smaller boy in the picture was painted holding a stuff dog.

freak. You guys officially scared the muffins out of me on this one. I hate all of you.
lol

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Val, don't be scared... You're some thousands of miles away from Long Island...
WOS is much closer. In fact he once said that when he was younger, he knocked on the door of that house once...

That being said. I wonder what you would see if you astral project to that house.. Would you see that family wandering around there??

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The seventh body really has me disturbed about the whole mass murder scene. That unexplained picture is what made me unable to go to bed by myself. I have a LOT of questions about the murder scene. There are a lot of things that don't add up. And the seventh body, well, that's the biggest one.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hahaha, I live -on- Long Island.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
. They stated that the original was torn down. They never said if it was rebuilt or not. [edit on 4-11-2006 by Mystery_Lady]

The real house is still there and is lived in ,it's at 112 ocean ave,amityville, new york,i wouldnt normally post adresses but this is well known.

The number is now 108 but
mr Wilson will not appreciate any correspondance......He says the house is not haunted and from my recent investigations I'd have to agree.

[edit on 23/12/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
On A side note the Dfeos moved in in 1965 , murders =1974

Lutz's move in 1975 ...28 days of hell ..allegadly

then

interestingly

Cromartys- 1977 to 1987

O'Neils- 1987 to 1997

Wilson- 1997 to 2007?
the 10 year itch???? Guess we will know if the house kicks in again soon

For the Wilsons sake I hope not.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I also just uncovered Peter O'neill who lived in the house from 87 -97 died in the WTC attacks of sept 11 '01 strange or coincidence?

IS THE house really bad luck (the evidence suggests it is)...Maybe.

LINK

edit for link

[edit on 23/12/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I live 2 houses away from the amityville horror house and i knew the lutz very well...but i think that one of the ghost of the defeos is in my house is it one of them or a new ghost in amityville?anyways those are very good pics=)

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_eat_stupid_poptarts
I live 2 houses away from the amityville horror house and i knew the lutz very well...but i think that one of the ghost of the defeos is in my house is it one of them or a new ghost in amityville?anyways those are very good pics=)

REALLY???? If thats true cool,Can you tell me the colour /make of the Wilsons car to prove this? (u2u me the answer) Don't post it for the Wilsons privacy.

[edit on 30/1/2007 by kuhl]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
That picture will give me nightmares, mommy, where's my mommy.....

Man that kid is creepy.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
That picture will give me nightmares, mommy, where's my mommy.....

Man that kid is creepy.

read the thread and you will see It is not DoctoredI had many ATS Photo experts check it (including Logan Cale and Agent_t),The pic is real the question is was it staged.

P.S. It Is definately taken forom inside the real house.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If you are talking about the photo of the kid on the stairs,I showed that to a camera expert and he said that is a real living kid ,not a ghost,the camera flash is simply reflecting from the back of his eyes,many pictures of animals show the same reflection.The photo must have been staged.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm sure this is in here somewhere but the pictures were taken on location.
It has been stated by the people who made the pictures(I'm sure the name of them is in here to)that there were no childeren present to this day.

Now the couple who were the "experts" on this case state that this was the only picture that had a face in it.

One.there were alot of pictures taken that day hundreds and the couple I think developed them either themselves or privcately,they will NOT release any photos that were taken that day other then the ones on their site.Or atleast as far as I know.

Two. The fact that the photos were taken and presented by in a fashion of paranormal material,by which they banked money on.Leaves me a bit skeptical.

Three. Double exposure of photography is not my field,but im sure if you had enough negatives or whatever you could figure out a way to get it just right.To seem like theres a boy in the pic.

Just a few points on the pic.

As far as everything else about this story goes,lemme say a few months ago me and a few guys here did alot of studying what i found was pretty interesting stuff.....Scary stuff lol

Tor.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by toraylin]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by toraylin]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
youll probably think Im retarded but did the movie that came out two years ago have much to do with the "actual" event...I mean did it do it credit or just another film based off of a real event but nowhere close to what really happened?

[edit on -0600c28obeTue, 6 Feb 2007 14:11:01 -0600 17 by Uisge Baugh]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uisge Baugh
youll probably think Im retarded but did the movie that came out two years ago have much to do with the "actual" event...I mean did it do it credit or just another film based off of a real event but nowhere close to what really happened?

[edit on -0600c28obeTue, 6 Feb 2007 14:11:01 -0600 17 by Uisge Baugh]

Yes the remake was based on The original but lets just say it was a bit too much artistic licence and is not a true representation of the real events(not that the first one was either but at leaset that one was closer)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join